Independence, KS
Independence Community College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Independence Community College

Fatarah

While attending Independence Community College you get to experience new things. You interact with people from all over. You rarely get home sick because if you're an out of state student, you are given a host family. A host family is a family given to all out of state students providing them with a family while being away from their family. They treat you as if you're their own. You really enjoy your time while being here in Independence.

Brandi

This is a tough one. Not because school has been easy, or the people have been rude, but because I actually had it really easy for my transition to college. The college that I go to is just about 2 miles away from my house. I knew I was going there because it was entirely cheaper than any university, and my parents, or me for that matter, did not have the money. My senior year was easy. I made Principal's list every quarter. I guess the thing that I would tell myself would be to make more friends, and keep in touch. Once you graduate, your whole life changes. The people you thought were your best friends, just leave. No contact whatsoever. Make the most of your life while your in high school and don't stress about your grades. Do the best you can, and never give up. There are so many people in college. Yes, of course you can make tons and tons of friends there. You just have to do it all over again when you leave to go to a university. That would be the best advice I could ever give me or anyone else.

There are so many different types of people that come here. We have a foriegn exchange program, so we get students from all over the world. We have a great theatre program, that has even went to broadway a few times. All of these people come here for a certain reason, and that is to learn. People that want to learn and have a good time doing it are the kind that I think should come here. We have teachers that have taught for many years and know how to teach just about anyone.

Candace

Independece is a small school in a secluded area. When i came to visit, I felt welcomed. WhenI visited big universities I felt like another face in the crowd. The staff here is wonderful and they will try to help you no matter what the situation. Independece Community College is a place where realationship are made and the material taught will help you succeed in college.

The main thing I would tell myself was to finish all scholarship applications. Paying for education is the hardset part. I listened to what my conseulors told me but I did not follow through on my part. I went through my senior year doing less work than I ever did my entire high school career. I did do right by playing sports and receiving an athletic scholarship. I would have also saved more money. I prepared myself for every part of college life. I only wish i could go back and complete more scholarships so this burden could be lifted from me.

The worst thing about Independence is the location. I come from a big city where there is always something to do and somewhere to go. Everyone that attends here might say the same thing. We find refuge in going to the dorms and trying to fund stuff to do.

Independence Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.