Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Indiana University of Pennsylvania-Main Campus

Amy

I chose to come to IUP for many reasons, especially because of the wonderful programs they have to offer. Their Teacher Education Program is one of the best programs in the state of Pennsylvania. Also, I had three family members that went to IUP to get their Bachelor's Degree, and one family member that furthered their education and got a Master's and Doctorate Degree from IUP. They shared their experiences with me and I thought "Wow, I have to visit that university". IUP felt like home to me from the moment I set foot on campus. At the end of the tour, I knew that IUP was the school that I wanted to attend. IUP has so many ways for students to get involved, whether it be a club sports team, a job as a student worker, or joining a club or organization. IUP has over 300 student organizations and it is exciting to learn about them and join the ones that interest you. Nothing will ever compare to my years at IUP.

Quinton

Indiana University of Pennsylvania is a very good school. While the prices are a little high to attend and stay on-campus, the education and experiences are worth it, in my opinion. Overall I enjoy IUP and would recommend it to anyone looking for a somewhat affordable college with the college experience.

Jasmine

Indiana University of Pennsylvania's Main campus is actually a very uplifting environment. Unfortunately the school carries a negative connotation of being a "party school", the campus experience is what you make of it. There are a lot of programs and extracurricular activities that you can participate in, most of the staff are friendly, and the campus is very safe and beautiful.

Erin

I really enjoy the campus, but who doesnt wish some things were different or more beautiful. In the warmer months its great to be outside, and most of the facilities are new and up to date. They talk a lot about being involved and people being really nice, and for the most part that is also true, however a lot of the clubs dont talk about themselves and people dont know about them.

Clayton

Indiana University of Pennsylvania has given to me a multitude of resources for a relatively low tuition price to become competitive in my intended field and to develop both as a professional and as a person. I was accepted into the Robert E. Cook Honors College and was given bountiful scholarships to study there. The biology department is top tier and will aid students in whatever their goals may be. The Pre-Medicine program also adequately prepared students to apply to schools like Harvard Medical School. As a rising sophomore, I have already been accepted into Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) by way of a 3+4 Early Acceptance Program between IUP and LECOM. IUP has given me many opportunities and it can do the same for any student willing to utilize the many resources available.

emily

its an amazing campus i love iup so much! I feel at home when I'm there. Have so many fun things to do and I love going to school there!

I love the campus despite it being large and me coming from a small town it still felt homely and safe like as if I can just go up to someone and instantly become friends with them. Not only that but the campus is so clean and it just gives off a good vibe. It felt like I belonged there like it was my home.

I love Indiana University of Pennsylvania. There are lots of groups to join, lots of stuff to do and mostly everyone is friendly. Pretty safe environment, great professors for the most part. Always a sports team to cheer on or a game of beer pong to win.

brianna

Initially I did my freshman year at California University of Pennsylvania and transferred in to IUP and I'm beyond grateful I did. IUP not only has the, what seems like in my opinion, the best professors but they have a great overall environment. Indiana truly feels like home to me and transferring has easily been the best decision of my life. Campus life is just as awesome. There's not a night where something isn't going on on campus and it really does provide for a fun campus feel. between athletics, Friday night bingo and even seminars, I always have something I can attend. I have met some people here that I could definitely consider life long friends and bonds that could last a lifetime and for that, I couldn't be more grateful. I have so much love for IUP that when it comes to leaving for holiday breaks, I get sad and miss campus a few days after; a feeling I never had while attending California. I love IUP so much that I really encourage everyone I come across to visit and apply. I even got my younger brother to fill out an application and I hope to see him wearing crimson and grey with me next year.

Maat

I love it, I am just a freshman so I might not know much yet. So far, I think it's a great school to experience. The club presidents and VPs are really nice. They tend to reach out to the freshmen to recruit. IUP day, IUPattys and Welcome Weekend are some of the greatest nights to be at IUP. The students know how to party but also know how to be safe/look out for one another!

Marlon

Indiana University of Pennsylvania or IUP, is a good school that provides opportunities for all students that attend. Being that I am a criminology major and that IUP is a known for being a criminology school, a lot of my classes are pretty specific instead of having classes that are pretty broad and will only touch on topics for maybe a week or a class period. Police departments are almost always coming to IUP in search of recruiting future police officers and in one of my classes this past semester I got to go down to the local police academy and do a hands on scenario where I had to de-escalate a situation involving someone with a weapon and with someone that was suffering with a mental illness. I like the school a lot and it was definitely the right choice for my future.

Kierra

IUP is a party school. The dorms are nice, the food is ok, but it’s a school in a very small town so it’s not much around to do but party and drink. But, college is what you make it so you can go there and have the best time ever or hate it. Personally, almost everyone that I went there with ended up dropping out or transferring after only one semester.

Alexis

I really love IUP and i am proud to say i am a hawk! Such a beautiful campus and so much to do that doesn't include partying and drinking! I have found that static at iup makes sure to keep bringing iup fun activities and things to do to keep the campus involved. I recommend participating in these events to everyone

Anaivy

I am I student in high school and I have visited IUP because I plan on going there in the fall of 2019 I am very excited to attend this college because I have always dreamed of going there. My aunt and cousin graduated from there and my uncle lives 30 minutes away from campus.

Shannon

I have visited the campus a few times and honestly can’t wait to go! All of the students seem accepting of everyone. There is always something for people to do and get involved in. I want to join the ceramics club to continue my fun hobby of making ceramic pieces. The food is very good and the suite style living is awesome.

Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) is in a small town, but there is still so much to do around campus whether it is walking downtown or driving thirty minutes to an hour out of Indiana to find something you want to do. The dorms are a lot nicer compared to other universities in Pennsylvania and there is a lot to choose from when it comes to food which is nice. IUP offers many ways to get involved with the school, whether it is through clubs, sports, or on campus jobs. IUP is now my home away from home.

I enjoy the atmosphere, as well as the quality education IUP provides its students. I can honestly say IUP provides ample opportunity for on-campus employment and access to education resources. This campus, in particular, has such a great teacher:student ratio, I am appreciative of the mindfulness to that. I am also grateful for the abundance of activities provided on campus as well.

Michaela

Indiana University Of Pennsylvania is the perfect school for extended education for me. I have mad so many friendships and bonds that I know will last me a lifetime. My education is right on track for the nursing program. My professors are awesome and always willing to help when I need it.

Denea

I love the campus! I am currently a high school student, but I am enrolled to be a student of IUP in Fall 2019. I cant wait to start! The school campus is beautiful, and live the dorm setting! The college financial department has been helpful so far in guiding me through the FASFA process.

Angel

I am actually at the Punxsutawney Campus which is about 45 minutes away from Main. I've been on main campus a few times and it is really really nice. Although, I am a participant in the culinary program and it is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. We are such a tight-knit community and we are always helping each other out and having a ton of fun. I am so glad I decided to come to school here.

Karen

I've learned so much within my major! I feel incredibly prepared to tackle a career after graduation, and I think that is the best possible thing that can be said about a university. With that being said, I gave the university four stars out of five because while I believe that my program is excellent I know that the same cannot be said for other programs.