Roanoke, VA
Jefferson College of Health Sciences

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Jefferson College of Health Sciences

Laura

Jefferson College of Health Sciences is a great school and the teachers are knowledgeable. The admission staff is very helpful and guide you though the admissions process. Their financial aid department is very helpful in the admission process also.

Rebekah

JCHS is a great school with wonderful nursing professors. The program is very difficult and challenging. If you have time management skills, you will be able to do well in the program. I find the school to be inviting. It is an extremely small school and only offers Health Sciences subjects to major in.

Abigail

Jefferson college of health sciences (JCHS) is one of the best private and christian colleges in the state of Virginia. It is also known for it's Great, discipline characteristics. It is one of the great institutions for health related studies. Anyone who decide to go into the health care should consider JCHS as a choice. They have different routes to choose from when it comes to health professions. Not sure of what to do in the future? Talk to one of their friendly academic advisers and they will guide you to choose the right health care profession you will love.

Philip

You'll get out what you put in. Class sizes are small and generally pretty easy, but you'll make good connections if you go the extra mile. The material is extremely specialized, and will get you ready for whichever healthcare path you take, but not a whole lot of flexibility between programs if you want to change major.

Jefferson College of Health Sciences has an extremely small class size. For my freshman year My largest class was only 11 people. The college is located on three floors of a hospital, so things tend to clash together between patients and students. Professors talk down to you as if they are all knowing and that any question you ask is stupid. Although they have scheduled office hours they are very seldom there. After spending my freshman year here I decided to transfer to a bigger school with better reviews. Jefferson was most defiantly not the college for me.

Meghan

I had a very good first impression on Jefferson College. Everyone is very welcoming and open to help and answer questions. It was a breath or fresh air being a new student and feeling welcomed. I have just been accepted into Jefferson College for Fall 2017. I am confident that I am making the right choice going to Jefferson’s Physical Therapy Assistance program and I am fully prepared to succeed. A career as a physical therapy assistant is the right one for me because it will help me achieve my professional and personal goals of reaching out to my community, spreading my knowledge and experience, and positively impacting the lives of those around me. I am excited to be apart of the Jefferson Family.

Haley

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior and give myself some advice, I would tell myself to be ready to buckle down and study hard. The high school I attend did not prepare us at all for what college had to hold. I only had one proessor that actually broke it down with my class and I and showed us what college was really going to be about. I would tell myself to enjoy the free time that I had because college has no free time. All free time is used for studying and catching up on the week to come. I would have taught myself better study habits, in high school I didn't have a hard time studying for tests, but in college my eyes have been opened. There are alot of things that I would have advised myself were coming to help myself be better prepared for what was to come.

The things I brag about most when telling my friends about my school is all the helpful faculty and staff that work there. Anytime that I have a question, I dont have to go far to find the answer. Another thing that I brag about to my friends are the workshops that are given to help a new college student get adjusted to a new beginning. Workshops are held to help students learn the new writing format, college survivual skills, and test taking strategies. There are other things to brag about but these are the most important.

To be honest there is not anything that frustrates me about my school. The school I attend offers small classes and alot of one on one help. So far they've been very helpful and there isn't anything bad I have to say.

Christina

I grew up in a family where education/college was unimportant. I had always loved school, especially reading. Opening a book opened a whole new world to me. Growing up without family educational encouragement meant that I had to find my own way and earn things on my own through hard work. I wanted to succeed in life. That meant choosing where my future was going, I chose college. When I began to attend college, it opened a whole new door for my future. I was ambitious and thirsty for knowledge and guidance so I began to use my resources in developing interests that have lead to my focus of study and career, English and teaching. The resources I found through passionate students, counselors, and professors allowed new doors for the future. Without it, I would not have dreamt of getting accepted into UC Berkeley, being published in a Poetry for the People anthology, nor would I dreamed of studying abroad in Paris, or dream of attending grad school. In all, college has been valuable and abundant in resources in dreaming for the future, reaching out opened the heavens to the stars for me and continues to do so.

Jefferson College of Health Sciences is a very hands on college. It offers plenty of opportunities to excel. Going to this school was my first priory, and I am very thankful to have the experience and to be able to go to this school. It has a high reputation and the students are well respected. I feel as if I learn the information and can apply it. The professors try their hardest to make sure you know the information and skills necessary. The college is newly remodeled, making the atmosphere great and up to date. Our labs that we have include new technology. This school is valuable to attend because of the reputation, the knowledge base you will receive, as well as the degree. Jefferson College of Health Sciences is a great college is you want to pursue a degree in health care.

It is a health care college that is affiliated with Carilion so it will be easier to get a job directly after graudation.

Jefferson College of Health Sciences administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.