Carterville, IL
John A Logan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend John A Logan College

Starr

If I could go back in time an talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that its not easy and at times it becomes very stressfull , expecially when you have papers to write in almost every class. I would also tell myself that in order to survive an do well in college that I have to focus more on what I can do an what I do understand instead of what I cant do because I dont understand it.

The best thing about my school is that its small an easy to get around .. there are also alot of places to go an recieve help if u need it in any subject

A person who lacks interest in learning an is very lazy when it comes to meeting the teachers requirements

Antoinette

My classmates are hardworking students. They are articulate and brilliant in their own way which makes them unique. My classmates have set many goals and on the verge of meeting others. I believe that my classmates have a bright future ahead of them, and I am looking forward to see that day come.

If I could go back to high school as a senior, I would remind myself that college is different from high school. Each professor have different expectations and guidelines. In high, some teachers would accept homework assignments late or tardiness. There are high school teachers, who are capable of giving a student chances to change their behavior. However, in college, each student is expected to be in class on time. Repeated absences and tardiness will not be tolerated. Failure to submit to these requirements could result in a student's grade being lowered or the student being asked to drop the course. Just like high school, students will be expected to bring a textbook and writing materials to every class. The most important fact about college; no one will be there to supervise your performance in school, therefore, its the student's responsibility to ensure themselves a opportunity for success.

The Financial Representatives are not polite to the students.

Katie

John A Logan College is a very busy and happy place, it is constantly buzzing with students and faculty who are always in a good mood.

Katie, I know you're only seventeen years old but you have a lot of very important decisions to make in the near future. Things in college are way different than they are in high school, and you may think that there is plenty of time for all of that, but you need to get a move on it as soon as possible. Don't wait until the last minute, because there will be less oportunities open to you and everything will just take longer to get done. Apply for scholarships NOW, and don't wait until your last year at junior college to decide on your major. Don't take all the easy classes first, you need to spread them out or you will be stuck taking all of your hard classes at once which will make for an extremely stressful second year at community college. Most of all, don't get too stressed out about the little stuff, because it always works out in the end; and never forget that there are alot of people who are there for you. Love Always, Katie (P.S. Keep away from boys named Shane!)

The teachers are great, the campus is beautiful, and most of the students are very friendly. I see a lot of friends from high school everyday! This junior college is ranked fifth in the nation.

Nicholas

The majority of the students at JAL are like me, taking courses at a 2 year college that will transfer to a 4 year college. Some are taking vocational training, or just getting Associate degrees to work in field that do not require a 4 year college degree.

I would rather go back to talk to myself as a freshman in highschool. I would tell myself to get more involved in extra activites that would look good on a scholarship application, and keep in mind the whole four years that I want to go to college and work toward that goal.

This school will aide a person who has low SAT scores and will need the two year of study to boost acceptance to a 4 year school, or a person who does not have the financial means to start at a 4 year college, and can get the basic classes that transfer at a lower cost, then take the classes needed for the major the person is studing for at a 4 year college. Also people who want vocational training, or need classes to be certified for certain jobs can get the classes they need at a more affordable price.

benjamin

The advise I could tell myself isn't really any of words. What I've learned about education and the importance of it all came from first hand experience. I have seen my mother, who just turned 59 years old, graduate with two masters degrees and studying in Amsterdam as we speak. I could say that the path I was headed is not something I would recommend anyone take. I was willing to settle for a minimum wage job working at a restuarant the rest of my life. Then it hit me. I still had options in my life and that I wasn't exploring any of them. Education is vitally important in persuing something that could vitally impact lives such as kids like me and how I was back in the day. A person who did not take school seriously has finally taken it seriously. I would look myself square in the eyes and tell him, never settle in life when you can make an impact for the future of our young minds. Minds similar to my own. The future is bright if you don't settle.

The worst thing about my school really isn't the fault of my school. I am located in the city nearby and I have no transportation to get to classes besides the bus system which only heads over to the college 5 days a week until 5pm which eliminates any potential night classes I could take.

I brag mostly about how interactive and insightful many of our teachers have been the past year or so I have attended. In the past, I have had instructors who would just recite what the book is saying and not really "teaching" us anything new that they could add. Its a different story at John A Logan College.

John A Logan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.