Bristol, TN
King University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend King University

Karmin

King University, formerly King College, is overall an excellent university. The Knoxville campus offers an accelerated 16 month program with multiple undergraduate studies. Specifically the 16 month Communication program has proven to be an excellent choice to fit my busy lifestyle. The program allows me to work full-time and continue my path towards a degree. The small classrooms provide a comfortable learning environment with my classmates and professor.

King University is a Presbyterian-affiliated university with a very diverse student base. King's staff and students promote a friendly, safe, and comfortable environment. In my program, most of the students work full-time while working towards the same goal: a degree.

The Communication program is geared towards developing communication skills. From writing to verbal communication, the program prepares students for the professional world after graduation. For me, the accelerated program allows me to develop my communication skills and execute them in my current career.

My classmates are very determined to stay with there cliques and not go outside their comfort zone.

I would tell myself not to care so much of what people will think about me and just be more open to meeting new people. It really does not matter how hard you try to make friends senior year because next year those relationships will be totally different. It's good to keep in contact but evenually not seeing someone everyday will cause you to forget them because you were only friends because you had a class together. I would also tell myself not to stress out about not seeing these people anymore because in college you will meet the person who will ultimate be the best friend you will ever have.

There are a lot of athletes at my King College so they mostly just stay in the cliques of their sport and do not really open themselves up to other people. Me being a NARP (non athletic regular person) it's hard to make friends.

Sydney

Athletics is very important to the King community. Our men's basketball team is being aired live on CBS on January 3rd against Mount Olive. Also, our women's wrestling team is 2nd in the entire nation. Personally, I did not know that there was even wrestling for women but our women wrestlers are great on and off the mat.

I would tell myself that friendships don't always last forever. High school friends are your friends mainly because you see them pratically everyday. But when the time comes for you to go to college and you end up 100's of miles away from those friends it's very unlikely that those strong relationships will last. You will move on and so will they. This doesn't mean that they completly have to leave your life. You'll hear from them occasionally especially on Thanksgiving and Christmas. But losing their intense friendship allows you to have new people enter your life. Accept new friends and make new memories. You'll always have your high school friends but this new part of your life with new friends will shape you into who you become.

The majority of my school peers are athletes. This means that before school even starts many people have already become friends and not really wanting to allow new friends in their circle. Track hangs out with track, basketball with basketball, etc. It's harder for students that aren't affiliated with a specific sport to make friends but it isn't impossible. NARPs (Non-Athletic Regular People) tend to have to work a little harder to break those circles.

I would advise myself to apply for more scholarship, instead of now that my parents are in a financial crunch. I would have told myself to start my recruiting process sooner and take more college visits, so I could have chosen from more school options and would have had a better idea of what I wanted in a school and sports program.

A person who is into the parting scene shouldn't attend King College because King is a strictly dry campus. King also has hours of visitation and rules for other sex visitation.

With the small classes students can get one on one attention from professors. The scenary on campus is beautiful with the mountains and the historic buildings.

Andrea

Sports (basketball) and the high acedemic achievments

Sports (basketball) and the high acedemic achievments

I have gotten a better way to view things in life. No matter where I stand in the situation. Things can always turn around and you will always have a friend there with you to help you get through it.

How sports and acedemic oriented the school really is.

Whitney

I would definately have worked harder to improve my GPA and try to become well rounded with my school work. I attended a community college and was not offered a lot of help with simple questions as well as instructor availablity and tutors. My GPA graduating from the community college was a 2.3. I was accepted by King College on certain terms and conditions. Two semesters at King College and my GPA is now a 3.9. I beat myself up every day for not treating my course work the ways I do now. Although I am a first generation college student, I should have tried to reach other further to those who had attended college to help guide me through college. I realy did not enjoy college until I enrolled at King College. The instructors and faculty have truely helped get me to where I am today. As a high school senior in 2004, I would have advised myself to pick and choose colleges wisely. Not only with my college choices, but as well as advising myself to stay in the books and it will pay off in the long run. There is hope.

The best thing about King College is that there is more positive attributes than negative. I attended a community college before enrolling King College, and the difference is day and night. King College always offers tutors for assistance, the instructors are educated and offer acceptable amounts of course work, as well as the intructors go above and beyond expectations for students. If I ever need help with anything, whether it be homework , financial aid, etc.; an instructor or employee is always available day or night to help with students needs. This says a lot about King College.

The type of person that should not attend King College is non-hard workers. You must be dedicated, focused, and prepared to study and learn the assignments prepared by the course instructor. If a student does not believe in studying, preparation, and/or prioritizing their schedule, they should not attend. King College offers study groups and student assitance with their course work. A student who does not want to participate in projects and with others should not attend King College.

MIRANDA

KING IS BEST KNOWN FOR BEIN A PRIVATE CHRISTAN SCHOOL. THE NURSING PROGRAM IS ALSO AFFILIATED WITH WELMONT (BRISTOL HOSPITAL) THERE IS A VERY GOOD HIRE IN RATE FOR KING COLLEGE GRADUATES IN THE NURSING PROGRAM.

I WOULD TELL MYSELF THAT COLLEGE ISNT THAT BAD, THAT I SHOULDNT BE AFRAID. I WOULD TELL MYSELF THAT I NEED TO BE INVOLVED IN THE INTRAMURALS THAT THEY HAVE AND THAT IT WOULD BE SMART TO LIVE ON CAMPUS. I WOULD ALSO TELL MYSELF THAT I NEED TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH MY HOMEWORK AND ASSIGNMENTS IN CLASS AND TO NOT SKIP CLASS CAUSE YOU WILL FALL BEHIND.

THE BEST THING ABOUT MY SCHOOL IS THAT ITS KIND OF A SMALLER SCHOOL. EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYONE AND ALMOST EVERYONE IS FRIENDS. THEY WORK VERY WELL WITH ALL THE STUDENTS. THE CLASS SIZES ARE VERY SMALL WHICH IS GREAT FOR ME. THE STAFF ARE VERY HELPFUL.

FAWN

I would not have listened to my guidance councilor when he said I didn?t need college and didn?t have the grades to get in. I would have found a way to pay for the schools I did get accepted to. I would have asked about scholarships and loans rather than thinking I had to pay as I went. I would have continued my on line classed when they were only 2 or 3 hundred dollars a class rather than the full rate of today. I would have made it more of a priority and not had children until after I had an education. I would look for a mentor, someone who would encourage me and support me in getting an education. This was a long time ago, but not being educated had been an issue for me all my life.

An amazing family atmosphere all gathered under one God.

An amazing family atmosphere all gathered under one God.

Grades really matter. You might think that it is your senior year and you just have to do what you have to do to get by. That is not true. When it comes down to it, you will be cramming in the knowledge to make an "A" on your next test because you are .10 points away from graduating with honors. When you go to college, you will be nervous. Don't be! It's an amazing experience and you will truly love it. Enjoy every minute of it. The friends you make in college are lifetime friends and those friends you thought you knew in high school, you really don't know. Take every second for what it's worth. Study. Sleep. Make new friends. But most importantly, cherish your college years.

I love the atmosphere at King. Everyone at King is so nice and always eager to help. I have yet to meet anyone who has had anything negative to say or not been willing to assit in any problems occured. The campus is the perfect size and you know everyone. It becomes your family. The religious affiliation also brings in a great asset to King.

My classmates in my major classes seem to be a little unfocused and not putting all of their time and energy into the coursework. I believe that they do not put as much time into studying or practicing their skills as they should. They are just ok with being average. However there is many students that are not in my major that are hardworking and dedicated to their education. They take school and their time here seriously and I respect them for that.

I would have most likely told myself that the amount of studying and time that you are putting into your classes right now will not be good enough for college. You need to prepare yourself more by studying frequently instead of just the night before. It is important that you do not make the mistake of not taking your first year of college seriously and you need to do good in all of your classes to obtain a high GPA, even the classes that you dislike. I would suggest that I take a couple summer courses at a University so that I have a little bit easier time with the transition. It is very important to learn good time management because it will be very difficult to juggle varsity soccer with coursework and you need to not save all of your homework till the night before it is due. It is important to have a social life but do not go overboard and limit yourself to the amount of late night parties and dances. The education that you will be recieving will effect your future so everytime you are planning on doing something, ask yourself, "is it worth it?"

I wish that would have known that it is necessary for you to have a car. There is nothing in walking distance, not even a grocery store. I am from Alaska so I do not have any family members that can come visit me and take me to do activities. Since I do not have a car, I am stuck on campus all the time and I always have to bum rides off people to get anywhere that I need to go.

King University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.