King University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for King University

Jenna

My experience in King University’s online Communication program has been nothing but positive. When I chose to finish my degree online, I was afraid I would be sacrificing the quality of my education for the flexibility of an online degree. However, through King, I was able to get my degree while working full time and never felt like I was missing out on a quality education. Classes are in 5-week terms, which seemed stressful at first, but I came to really enjoy. It allows you to focus completely on one subject at a time and get the most out of each class. The COMM professors are genuinely helpful and seem to care about the success of every student. Every professor I had gave helpful and thorough feedback on assignments that helped me better my work. The courses covered material that felt relevant to anyone in the workforce and provided very useful and practical information. Overall, I recommend King’s Online Communication program to anyone looking for a flexible way to get a great education.

I am currently in my last semester in the online COMM program. King has offered so many courses to better my communication skills. The online program has made it easy to have a flexible schedule allowing me to be able to attend school while balancing my everyday life. The COMM program has definitely taught me skills that will help me be successful in all areas in my life. All of the professors are very helpful and personable. They always make sure that you understand the material and are available at all times if needed. I would highly recommend this Christian, accredited school!

I attend King University in Knoxville (satellite) though the main campus is in Bristol. The Knoxville campus is "AGS" meaning adult and graduate studies. Here, most of us are working professionals looking to obtain various types of degrees. I love meeting one night a week, and each course is 5 weeks in my degree program. The instructors actively work in the fields that they teach and truly have a heart for student success. I have learned so much during my time at King University and I highly recommend the AGS Communication Program.

Keith

King University is a small school located in Bristol, TN. Located around campus are beautiful mountains and creeks there are certainly opportunities for hikes enjoying nature. Being in the online communications program for my fourth and final semester I felt inclined to write a review based on the current climate of education. With learning being mostly online now, King's program is the perfect fit for anyone who's seeking an accredited online program. Classes are small allowing professors to be hands-on in responding and caring for their students. Learning is centered around education from class textbooks and assignments are specifically aligned with what you learn throughout courses. I have had a great experience with King's online communication program.

I haven't actually attended any classes on campus or online yet. I have heard a lot of great things about this school. I really need a positive group of individuals on my side, I have had a rough time since November when my mother passed away. I intend to make the best out of this learning experience. I will be doing online classes at first but I plan to take classes on campus for the semester starting in January 2021.

ed

I am nearing the completion of a Bachelor of Science in Communication degree at King University. I was attracted to the university because of the schedule (of when classes meet) and the career-building potential. After careful consideration and multiple meetings with a student advisor, it was clear to me that the communication program was a great complement to my business background. I made a last minute decision to attend and the university staff worked with me to ensure that I was enrolled on time. As a parent with a full-time job, it took some time for me to adjust to the rigorous pace of the program. The diversity of the classroom creates a very unique learning environment that I am grateful to be a part of. I can testify that the faculty and staff are dedicated to my success. I am honored to be able to learn from faculty that are knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. I am glad I made this choice.

Morgan

I love going to King. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. The atmosphere here is great, everyone is close since it is a small school. The school also has a religious background which provides a sense of unity but it is not forced onto you if you do not have the same belief. It is a liberal arts college so students are given the opportunity to take classes that make them a well rounded student outside of their major. The professors are super easy to approach and are always willing to help if you miss class for a sporting event or if you don't feel well.

Rebekah

The campus is beautiful and the people are very friendly and welcoming. When I came to visit a few months ago, I was welcomed like I was already attending. I was showed all of the facilities and was even able to stay in one of the wonderful dorms. The dorms provide all of the necessary equipment I need to stay on campus (bed, bathroom, desk, etc.). King has a wide variety of food to choose from. I really loved how involved the professors are with the students, and how much they care for the students. Overall King is a great school and I cannot wait to attend this fall.

Justin

It is a very small school and the dorms were not very clean the cafe food is mediocre and not open late for students that have practice for sports. There were issues with several students in the same dorms they were very loud in the late nights and you couldn’t sleep.

Erin

King University is a campus that inspires community. From the small class sizes, to the dozens of teams, clubs, and organizations, everything at King is geared to bring people together, to unite students, professors, staff, family members, Bristol residents. The best part of King is how everyone comes together and supports each other. Beyond that, the campus is gorgeous, and the surrounding area has a lovely small-town vibe. The professors are wonderful, committed, and love to talk to and work with students outside of class. Overall, King University is a great place to be!

Truman

My overall opinion of King College is dissapointing. The academics have declined since I first joined the school. The program I was in used to be renowned but it has since declined and dropped many students. The faculty is not involved with students as much as they should be and I cannot wait to leave the school and start my career.

Laurel

As a student at King University, I am proud to say their Communication program is an incredible route to take. I chose to enroll at the Knoxville campus in Hardin Valley. This program allows students to pursue a bachelor’s degree while providing a flexible schedule. The classes are one night a week on Wednesday’s from 6 p.m.- 10 p.m. which makes it easier to work during the day. The classes run five weeks at a time, therefore students take three communication classes per semester. The program can be completed within sixteen months/five semesters. Credible professors teaching the courses make every class enjoyable by incorporating activities throughout the class to get a better look at the readings for that week. The flow of each class goes together, which makes it helpful to understand what’s to come in future communication courses at King. I highly recommend joining the Communication program at King University. It provides a fast paced, easy-to-follow format, while having a flexible schedule to earn a bachelor’s degree in no time.

King University is a Christian college based in Bristol, TN but also has a satellite campus in Knoxville, TN. I have been attending King University in Knoxville, TN for two semesters now and I am truly happy with my educational experience so far. I am currently a student in the communication program. If anyone is looking for a great communication program then King University is worth looking into. When I was first searching for a communication program to transfer to, I was wanting to find a college that actually cares about the needs of students and the student’s education. Thankfully I found out about King University. When I called and asked for more information about the communication program and the staff was so helpful and set up a meeting for me with an advisor right away. When I met to discuss the communication program, every staff member and professor I spoke with was incredibly accommodating and made sure they answered every question I had about the program. That meeting was a big deciding factor in my decision to enroll at King University. King University offers a flexible communication program with accelerated classes that allow graduation to come quickly. The communication classes in this program are not just boring lectures that drag on. The communication classes are full of hands-on activities and learning opportunities that really help all of the communication students for the future. Every week I look forward to coming back to class and I don’t think I had ever felt that way about college before attending King University. I am so thankful I heard about King University and decided to further my education in the communication program.

Wes

I do not really know where to start when it comes to talking about the communication program at King University. This program is unlike any other school experience that I have been a part of. The flexibility of this program is what really sets it apart from many other universities. The program lasts a total of sixteen months and you only have to come to the school one night a week. For someone like myself that works full time, this is so important. Another thing that really brought me to King University is the fact that all of the professors share Christian beliefs. As a Christian man it was an added bonus to be able to come to this school and know that my professors were going to share my same beliefs. One cool aspect of the communication program and just King University in general is the fact that you do not have to go to the Bristol campus to get this great education. King has a campus in Knoxville that I am able to go to and that is a great option for people like myself that want a degree from a great Christian university, but do not live where the campus is.

Nichole

King University gives all students the attention they need at all times. King also helps each student to succeed. Every semester, the University asks students for reviews so that they can continue doing a good job. Every professor I have had has been accessible and easy to talk to. The professors do whatever they can to help their students pass the course.