King University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for King University

My decision to go to back to school to pursue my undergraduate degree as an adult was not an easy decision to make. As someone pursuing an accessible yet credible communication program King University has not disappointed. The professors have been invested in my progress as a student and individual. The course load has been manageable yet challenging in the best way. Dr.Sloan the communication program director has made me feel like I am her only student. I have heard people say their school experience meant learning how to pass a test but that is not so at King. I have been able to apply what I am learning to my career. The online program does not sacrifice any of the quality the program brings on campus. My life will be better, my family more secure, for having completed the online communication degree at King. I could not have gone back to school successfully without King.

nikki

Applying to college can be overwhelming. During the admission process at King University, student enrollment made everything an easy process. When I first enrolled, staff members were great at answering all my questions. As with every school, FASFA can be confusing, but speaking with the financial team, I had confidence in knowing I had a great support system helping me when I needed it. King has many options with how students attend. King offers five-week courses that are online or one night a week at campus. Both allow students to have time for homework and family time without giving up too much. As an adult learner, King made it easy for me to finish school with online education. During this time, I was able to really focus on time management and learn how to prioritize certain things. Dr. Sloan is one of the professors for the Communication Program and has been wonderful. The entire program for Communication has been both challenging and fun. She really knows how to challenge her students and get them to think creatively. Having a new class every five weeks really makes time go by fast.

Anna

I have absolutely loved my time at King. I am a fully online student, but I feel that I have gotten the full King experience. The advisors, success coaches, and advisors are always fighting for you and have your best interest at heart. I have not had one professor or class that I disliked. The COMM program in particular is so enriching and helpful. I have learned so much and feel well prepared for my future professional life!! I absolutely recommend King to everyone.

Alifya

Within the next few months, I will be a proud graduate with a BS in Communication from King University. Today, I would like to share my experience as a student at King University and some essential facts about the Communication program offered here: 1. This program is well-paced, with 12 major COMM courses, which I assure are some of the most critical and knowledgeable courses in the communication field. Each course consists of five weeks, with four class hours per week. 2. This program touches interpersonal communication, ethics in communication, visual rhetoric, mass media communication, public relations, and public speaking. These are just a few of the exciting 12 courses taught during this program. 3. The instruction material is valuable, and the articulative skills of the instructors are unmatched. Not only do they both give knowledge about the subject matter, but also and perhaps more importantly, provide pathways on how to apply this knowledge. There is much healthy discussion involved within the classroom, and the best part is that the instructor gives everyone a respectful and equal chance to participate. After doing this course, we find ourselves equipped with the working skills required in any professional field. If we want to work in social media, advertising, journalism, public relations, professional speaking, this program gives us the knowledge and the tools. This program has given me so much confidence not only because the content taught is precise but also because the opportunities to apply the content are broad. This course opens a variety of opportunities ahead. Thus, I recommend the students looking for professional career development join this program and make the most of their time and money.

Eric

I absolutely love King University’s Online COMM program. I work full-time at Carmax with overtime occasionally. I get home from work around 1am and it is hard to work on assignments where I am so tired. The program allowed me to keep my job. Not having to be on zoom meetings, the assignment deadlines gave me the opportunity to focus more on myself. I could complete assignments at anytime throughout the week and turn them in. If I ever needed help, reaching out to the professor was easy and they would get back to me quickly. King is flexible, and all professors are willing to work with you. Communicating with them is the important part. There are plenty of people and resources on campus you can use to help you get where you need to go. I can honestly say that I got lost or clueless at times and the staff is super helpful on getting things straightened out for me. I recommend King University to anyone who likes a smaller beautiful campus with great programs to choose from.

Sydney

My experience at King University has exceeded my expectations for furthering my education. I could not stay part-time at my job any longer after I received my associate degree, so I was thrilled when I heard about King and their online Communication program. It was difficult to find a school that was compatible with my work schedule, but King was presented as one of the best schools for working adults to achieve their degree online. At first, I was nervous to try to acquire my bachelor’s degree online, as I hardly had any experience in online courses. Fortunately, the online communication courses were expertly organized, making it possible to balance work and school! As I am nearing the end of the Communication program, I have realized all the progress that I have achieved since I began a year ago. The classes prepare you for the Communication career path that you wish to take. The instructors have been helpful, the courses have been relevant, and my experience overall has been immensely enjoyable. Compared to other universities, I would say that King offers one of the best online Communication programs to earn your degree.

Rachael

There are not enough positive things that I can say about the online Communication program at King University. I will start by saying, If I can do it, so can you! I am a full-time student, mother, and military spouse, so needless to say, my plate is full. I have moved to three different states throughout my time at King University and gone through my husband’s deployment, all while having a toddler on my hip. All my professors have been outstanding and so understanding. I could not ask for any better. Not only is King super flexible, but it is also very educational. The Communication Program at King University has prepared me to enter the professional work field. So much so that I was able to land a job before graduation. I cannot wait to take the knowledge and skills that I have learned from the Communication program at King University and apply them to my career.

thomas

I was first skeptical of getting a Communication degree from a completely online program; however, I was pleasantly surprised by King University’s Online Communication Program. First and foremost, the instructors are professionals who are very helpful and want to see you succeed. They are also understanding and very accommodating toward adult learners and working professionals. The module system of each course makes for very flexible hours to get the work done. The online program has a great ease of use and is very simple to understand. I have also been surprised at how much I have learned from this program that goes beyond the focus of the program. All the knowledge I have obtained from King University will be very valuable for the rest of my life. King University may be a private Christian college, but it feels welcoming to anyone who is interested in learning. They are very respectful to all religions and beliefs.

Christina

King University’s Communication program is a unique, hybrid program, only requiring one (four hour) on campus class a week. All other assignments are done online. The flexibility of the Communication program is perfect for nontraditional students like myself. Flexibility was a top priority when searching for a bachelor’s program. Core classes in King’s Communication program run for five weeks and there are three core classes per semester. King also offers several electives that can be taken over a fifteen or five week time frame per semester. Focusing on one class at a time allows students to solely focus on the subject matter of each class. Classroom sizes are small enabling meaningful and supportive relationships to be built with fellow classmates and professors. I have found that my fellow classmates and professors are eager to help where they are able and always respond in a timely manner. There are a handful of Communication professors that teach multiple classes. Having the same professors for multiple classes helps to build relationships and gives students the opportunity to become accustomed to the professor’s teaching styles. King University is a Christian based college, which at first I thought would be an issue for me. I almost did not apply because of that reason. However, even though it is a Christian based college, religion is not pushed upon students, which was my fear. Do not let King being a Christian based college deter you in any way from taking full advantage of all the wonderful programs King has to offer.

Jenna

My experience in King University’s online Communication program has been nothing but positive. When I chose to finish my degree online, I was afraid I would be sacrificing the quality of my education for the flexibility of an online degree. However, through King, I was able to get my degree while working full time and never felt like I was missing out on a quality education. Classes are in 5-week terms, which seemed stressful at first, but I came to really enjoy. It allows you to focus completely on one subject at a time and get the most out of each class. The COMM professors are genuinely helpful and seem to care about the success of every student. Every professor I had gave helpful and thorough feedback on assignments that helped me better my work. The courses covered material that felt relevant to anyone in the workforce and provided very useful and practical information. Overall, I recommend King’s Online Communication program to anyone looking for a flexible way to get a great education.

I am currently in my last semester in the online COMM program. King has offered so many courses to better my communication skills. The online program has made it easy to have a flexible schedule allowing me to be able to attend school while balancing my everyday life. The COMM program has definitely taught me skills that will help me be successful in all areas in my life. All of the professors are very helpful and personable. They always make sure that you understand the material and are available at all times if needed. I would highly recommend this Christian, accredited school!

I attend King University in Knoxville (satellite) though the main campus is in Bristol. The Knoxville campus is "AGS" meaning adult and graduate studies. Here, most of us are working professionals looking to obtain various types of degrees. I love meeting one night a week, and each course is 5 weeks in my degree program. The instructors actively work in the fields that they teach and truly have a heart for student success. I have learned so much during my time at King University and I highly recommend the AGS Communication Program.

Keith

King University is a small school located in Bristol, TN. Located around campus are beautiful mountains and creeks there are certainly opportunities for hikes enjoying nature. Being in the online communications program for my fourth and final semester I felt inclined to write a review based on the current climate of education. With learning being mostly online now, King's program is the perfect fit for anyone who's seeking an accredited online program. Classes are small allowing professors to be hands-on in responding and caring for their students. Learning is centered around education from class textbooks and assignments are specifically aligned with what you learn throughout courses. I have had a great experience with King's online communication program.

I haven't actually attended any classes on campus or online yet. I have heard a lot of great things about this school. I really need a positive group of individuals on my side, I have had a rough time since November when my mother passed away. I intend to make the best out of this learning experience. I will be doing online classes at first but I plan to take classes on campus for the semester starting in January 2021.

ed

I am nearing the completion of a Bachelor of Science in Communication degree at King University. I was attracted to the university because of the schedule (of when classes meet) and the career-building potential. After careful consideration and multiple meetings with a student advisor, it was clear to me that the communication program was a great complement to my business background. I made a last minute decision to attend and the university staff worked with me to ensure that I was enrolled on time. As a parent with a full-time job, it took some time for me to adjust to the rigorous pace of the program. The diversity of the classroom creates a very unique learning environment that I am grateful to be a part of. I can testify that the faculty and staff are dedicated to my success. I am honored to be able to learn from faculty that are knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. I am glad I made this choice.

Morgan

I love going to King. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. The atmosphere here is great, everyone is close since it is a small school. The school also has a religious background which provides a sense of unity but it is not forced onto you if you do not have the same belief. It is a liberal arts college so students are given the opportunity to take classes that make them a well rounded student outside of their major. The professors are super easy to approach and are always willing to help if you miss class for a sporting event or if you don't feel well.

Rebekah

The campus is beautiful and the people are very friendly and welcoming. When I came to visit a few months ago, I was welcomed like I was already attending. I was showed all of the facilities and was even able to stay in one of the wonderful dorms. The dorms provide all of the necessary equipment I need to stay on campus (bed, bathroom, desk, etc.). King has a wide variety of food to choose from. I really loved how involved the professors are with the students, and how much they care for the students. Overall King is a great school and I cannot wait to attend this fall.

Justin

It is a very small school and the dorms were not very clean the cafe food is mediocre and not open late for students that have practice for sports. There were issues with several students in the same dorms they were very loud in the late nights and you couldn’t sleep.

Erin

King University is a campus that inspires community. From the small class sizes, to the dozens of teams, clubs, and organizations, everything at King is geared to bring people together, to unite students, professors, staff, family members, Bristol residents. The best part of King is how everyone comes together and supports each other. Beyond that, the campus is gorgeous, and the surrounding area has a lovely small-town vibe. The professors are wonderful, committed, and love to talk to and work with students outside of class. Overall, King University is a great place to be!

Truman

My overall opinion of King College is dissapointing. The academics have declined since I first joined the school. The program I was in used to be renowned but it has since declined and dropped many students. The faculty is not involved with students as much as they should be and I cannot wait to leave the school and start my career.

Laurel

As a student at King University, I am proud to say their Communication program is an incredible route to take. I chose to enroll at the Knoxville campus in Hardin Valley. This program allows students to pursue a bachelor’s degree while providing a flexible schedule. The classes are one night a week on Wednesday’s from 6 p.m.- 10 p.m. which makes it easier to work during the day. The classes run five weeks at a time, therefore students take three communication classes per semester. The program can be completed within sixteen months/five semesters. Credible professors teaching the courses make every class enjoyable by incorporating activities throughout the class to get a better look at the readings for that week. The flow of each class goes together, which makes it helpful to understand what’s to come in future communication courses at King. I highly recommend joining the Communication program at King University. It provides a fast paced, easy-to-follow format, while having a flexible schedule to earn a bachelor’s degree in no time.

King University is a Christian college based in Bristol, TN but also has a satellite campus in Knoxville, TN. I have been attending King University in Knoxville, TN for two semesters now and I am truly happy with my educational experience so far. I am currently a student in the communication program. If anyone is looking for a great communication program then King University is worth looking into. When I was first searching for a communication program to transfer to, I was wanting to find a college that actually cares about the needs of students and the student’s education. Thankfully I found out about King University. When I called and asked for more information about the communication program and the staff was so helpful and set up a meeting for me with an advisor right away. When I met to discuss the communication program, every staff member and professor I spoke with was incredibly accommodating and made sure they answered every question I had about the program. That meeting was a big deciding factor in my decision to enroll at King University. King University offers a flexible communication program with accelerated classes that allow graduation to come quickly. The communication classes in this program are not just boring lectures that drag on. The communication classes are full of hands-on activities and learning opportunities that really help all of the communication students for the future. Every week I look forward to coming back to class and I don’t think I had ever felt that way about college before attending King University. I am so thankful I heard about King University and decided to further my education in the communication program.

Wes

I do not really know where to start when it comes to talking about the communication program at King University. This program is unlike any other school experience that I have been a part of. The flexibility of this program is what really sets it apart from many other universities. The program lasts a total of sixteen months and you only have to come to the school one night a week. For someone like myself that works full time, this is so important. Another thing that really brought me to King University is the fact that all of the professors share Christian beliefs. As a Christian man it was an added bonus to be able to come to this school and know that my professors were going to share my same beliefs. One cool aspect of the communication program and just King University in general is the fact that you do not have to go to the Bristol campus to get this great education. King has a campus in Knoxville that I am able to go to and that is a great option for people like myself that want a degree from a great Christian university, but do not live where the campus is.

Nichole

King University gives all students the attention they need at all times. King also helps each student to succeed. Every semester, the University asks students for reviews so that they can continue doing a good job. Every professor I have had has been accessible and easy to talk to. The professors do whatever they can to help their students pass the course.