Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Catherine

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would have told myself to attend a junior college first. The reason why I would say that is because it is very cost efficient and it saves a lot of time. I believe that I could have received better grades in my classes, finished my prerequisite classes on time, and would have had a better chance of getting accepted to a BSN program sooner.

The one thing I wish I had known before applying to this school was how there were limited spots open in their nursing program. Since I transferred to Lewis, there were certain classes that had to be fulfilled at the actual university and nowhere else before starting the nursing courses. I was taken by surprise because i had fufilled all my prerequisites and that I wanted to start the program right away, but I was delayed by one semester.

What I brag about the most when I tell my friends about my school is that they have a great nursing program with a 100% passing rate and it's also known for one of the best aviation programs in the state.

Kasmer

Lewis University is small, friendly, and supportive.

Lewis University is small, friendly, and supportive.

Lewis is very unique because of the teacher student relationship you build. All of your teachers will know your name and major by the second week of school and will help you succeed in the class and after graduating. The campus is always in tip top shape. No matter what there is always a tutor for whatever class you need help with around the clock. Even the President of the school walks arounds everyday and donates to organizations and talks to students. Lewis is a home for students away from home.

If I could go back I would tell myself to not be so scared. I would tell myself to open up to people and not be afraid to make new friends and join organizations. Being a Freshmen in College at Lewis isnt had because we have a class dedicated to Freshmen only. I would make sure to remember all my books everyday and just motivate myself to go to class everyday. I wouldve told myself to apply for more scholarship because having financial issues causes stress on your grades. If I would have known what I know now I would have been very relaxed and focused coming to Lewis.

Lewis University is an excellent private school with small classes.

Lewis University is an excellent private school with small classes.

Hind sight really is 20-20. Knowing what I understand now about college, I could talk to high school seniors today and give them a plethora of advice due to my experiences. For example, I would not be so anxious about taking exams and writing papers. I would tell the high school seniors to just do it and not worry about it so much. I would also not be so worried about what major I to choose. Right out of high school, many people including family and co-workers said I would be good this one specific field and that I should obtain a degree that would lead to this field. I followed their instructions. Knowing what I know now, I would thank them for their advice and still pursue what I really wanted to do. with my life. Now that I am older, I know I need to get the degree that I want. The advice I would give to young college students today would be to not let anyone influence their decision in which major to choose. I would advise them to major in something they are interested in and go from there.

The best thing about Lewis Universtiy is that the professors really care about the students because they take so much time to assist them in their learning.

Lewis is very small and close knit. That feeling of community is greatly emphasized. It is also very diverse for being so sma...

Lewis is very small and close knit. That feeling of community is greatly emphasized. It is also very diverse for being so small.

Several of the classes that I took in high school are very close to ones I am taking now. I would reming myself to take better notes and bring them with me to college.

The hours that many of the on campus stores and events take place. The planning does not take into account the students schedules.

Bobby

To concentrate more on school, rather than the social aspects of college. Work hard in the classroom, and make time for friends and family.

The parking. Because there is not a lot of parking spots and its a small campus.

Jill

Lewis University is known for providing excellent academic opportunities to both traditional and adult students. Their commitment to life-long learning is demonstrated in both of these programs, encouraging traditional and adult students as they pursue their education to achieve their career goals.

Since you're heading off to college, take time to inventory your life and goals and know what matters most to you. This will be your compass and provide clarity in the decisions that lay ahead. Once you get to college, you will be bombarded academically, socially and emotionally with many different options and paths. Some of these options will be better suited for you than others and you'll be able to make wiser decisions because you'll be able decipher what lines up with your goals and matters most to you. While you're getting established on campus, line yourself up with a mentor or academic advisor who can provide you with direction and encouragement. The college staff is there to enrich your learning experience and provide help along the way, take advantage of their excellence! You're about to enter an exciting season in life. Enjoy your new freedom. Make new friends. Join clubs. Stretch yourself and your limits. Make a difference. Be determined to suceed. Recognize your strengths. Develop your weaknesses. Be true to yourself. And of course, have fun!

Since I'm a stay-at-home mom returning to school I appreciate Lewis University's accelerated adult program, which provides flexible scheduling, online and evening classes to accomodate working adults. This gives me the needed flexibility to complete my degree while maintaining my personal obligations.

April

I would have told myself to become more educated on the transfer process so when I was transferring from my junior college to Lewis I would have been familiar with the whole fafsa process. Also I would have told myself that studying in high school and studying in college are different, and to start reteaching myself to be more indepth on a topic and not just know definitions.

A person that does not want to work for their education, someone who wants an easy A without putting any effort towards it.

I tell them that Lewis University is well known for their excellent aviation and nursing programs. Also their nursing program had an 100% passing rating on the Nursing boards last year. The school is challenging, but the teachers truly care about how well you do and help guide you to success.

Maggie

Nursing school, Men's volleyball, Catholic and Lasallian values

Nursing school, Men's volleyball, Catholic and Lasallian values

I would tell myself to have as much fun as possible for the first two years. Since I started my major classes in nursing I have limited time for friends, family and a social life. When the general education classes are getting done in the first two years that's when you have time to join lots of clubs and still have time to study. I wish I would have known to relax more before I really had to settle down and hit the books hard.

I wish I would have known that they continue to enroll students but they do not accomodate as far as facilities go. I wish I would have known that the dorms are not very sound proof. I wish I would have known that my sport is not given the same benefits that other sports that go to my school receieve.

Matthew

If I were to go back in time and give myself advice knowing what I know now, would tell myself not to stress out about college. In high school, I thought it was going to be difficult to make the transition. In reality, it is not so hard after all. The hardest part about college is deciding what major I am going to declare. I do not want to declare the wrong major and end up mad all the time because of me hating my job. If i choose the wrong major, I could end up going back into school and declaring a different major so that I live a happy life. Also, in high school, I was worried about whether or not I was going to be able to make new friends. It turns out that making friends in college is easier then it was in high school.

The teachers at Lewis University know me by my name because the maxinmum class size is not as big if I were to attend a public University.

The worst thing about my school is there are not alot of variety of places to choose from to eat compared to other larger schools.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.