Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Roxana

As a freshman, I've learned that the transition from high school to college is not an easy path, but it most definitely is not an impossible one. If you truly want to succeed and know where you want to go, you can get through it without hesitation. Of course you are going to struggle and there might be a point where you feel like there is no way you can make it through another hectic school week, but you have to push yourself and not give up. One of the main things that you will learn through your transition is to manage your time efficiently. You will learn that there is going to be less time of fun and games and there's going to be more of reading and studying in the library. However, this doesn't mean that you will become anti-social, it just means that you will need to put more time into your studies hence time management. In the end everything will pay off, you will have the career of your dreams and had gone through amazing experiences. They do say college is the best four years of your life.

One of the best things about my school is it's diversity in events. There are tons of events going on every week, from multicutural feasts to a sport game or plays. I definitely believe your study work should be your most important priority, but you need time for yourself and for your friends once in awhile. At Lewis University you have a lot of activities to pick from.

Before I started at Lewis University, I wished I had known that I needed to change my study habits. My study habits from high school were horrible, but it worked for me then and I believed that they would work for me in college, as well. However, my old habits would have set me up for failure if I had continued with them, which was a lesson I had to learn the hard way. So it definitely would have been nice if i knew this before.

Bianca

Hello there Bianca, this is your counscious of tomorrow. Here I am to give you couple of advices about your future. From here I can forsee that if you engage in a sport team, just like a volleyball player that you used to be, you would get a brilliant scholarship to support your gear. Also, if you have never given up on piano, you also would have few arts and ideas scholarship to play in the band or just in some concerts that school provides. On the top of everything, while you are in class, do your best and focues in each single subject, because those are not just important to career but to your knowledge and wisdom. Everybody always want to have a talk with smart people, they fullfill you with sharing experiences. Now, when you get here, in the future, make sure you meet a new person everyday and keep in touch with them until life make you apart. We never know what the future holds for us and what those people could do for you!!! Believe in yourself more than you already do and give another step forward. You will definatellly success!

Persons that seek a natural and quite way of learning should attend this school. The environment is just right for those who want to build a bright future and expect success. Staff and faculty do make their best to help each single student throughout the journey. The school provides perfect environment for researches such as the library and a diverse environment with students from different cultures. It fits just perfect in my everyday life. I wish I could just keep on studying during my lifetime. :)

Because this is a LaSallian and Catholic university I would not recommend people that have faith in different religions and follow it very restrictly; even though, it would be very interesting to learn about different religions and beliefs as well. Other than that it hard to define would not be allowed to go to school. School is public to any individual, from youger ages until later. Come in and ejoy it! Studying is always fun in here!

Kaitlyn

Classmates add new dimensions to my life and I frequently learn something new from all the different people I interact with. Classmates are typically friendly and willing to work with me to complete assignments or other tasks. Many classmates have also become wonderful friends.

Keep in mind that once upon a time, you used to imagine your college days as the future that seemed so far off, such a long time away. When you were in grade school, college seemed like a million years away- a point in your life you just couldn't wait to live. That "long time away from now" point is now. Make the most of it. Maybe you'll be living the life you used to dream about. Maybe you'll be doing the things you wished you could do, taking the steps to get your dream job, your dream career, your top goals in life. Make the most of every day and give your best, because once upon a time, this life you are living is the life you only dreamed about. You're not in grade school anymore. The things you do now are the things that will shape your life and the person you want to be. Make good decisions and do the right thing because college affords you the opportunity to live your dreams, so take full advantage of your college experiene and live them and acknowledge that college can make your dreams reality.

I have a frequent concern about the amount of money needed to pay for my tuition.

Kourtney

That it's a Christian school, and it's private.

That it's a Christian school, and it's private.

I would tell myself that, if I don't know what my major is then I should get my general education classes done first. Once I knew what my major is I would dive right in.

I tell them how well Lewis' classes are well organized, and how everyone, including the teachers are willing to help you.

Alexandra

Very nice, open and friendly people, who are very easy to get along with.

Very nice, open and friendly people, who are very easy to get along with.

If i had the ability to go back to my senior year of highschool and give myself advice it would be to start studying. In highschool i barely ever studyed. I would possibly look over things the night before but would always do fine on tests and quizzes. I tried that with my first biology test and recieved a C. I never got C's in highschool. I would tell myself to being learning study habits and to refresh myself on my mathmatics and sciences, especially for my major. I would tell myself that taking it easy for my senior year wouldnt exactly be the best thing I could do and instead take some more math classes to be prepared. My transition period from highschool to college would have been alot easier if i would have known then what i know now.

I dont really find anything bad enough to write about. My school is small and offers alot of outside help if needed. plus you get plenty of one on one time with your teachers.

Tionna

My school is a small private christian school.

My school is a small private christian school.

It has a small classroom enviornment and free washer and dryers!

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. These are hard times we are in and both of my parents are working two jobs just to help me get by. I would tell myself that the work load is much lighter than in high school so I should study more, so that I do good in my classes.

If I have the opportunity to travel in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would emphasize the importance of planning and time management, getting adequate sleep, and being more open to meeting new people. I learned that proper planning is very beneficial because it allows you to get everything done in an efficient manner without ever having to do something last minute or forgetting about the assignment completely. Taking care of oneself in college is also essential. Although you may not have class everyday, it is still important to be well rested because it helps you focus in your classes. I know for me personally, the more rest I get, the less anxiety I have as well. It is also imperative that you are not afraid to meet new people. I found that most people are open minded and willing to form relationships. Although I feel that I did not have an incredibly difficult transition, knowing these factors may have made this process even more fluid.

I commonly brag about how strong the nursing program is at Lewis. I explain that I have the privilege of receiving direct experience in my field at some of the most prestigious hospitals within the Chicagoland area. Regarding general education classes, Lewis ensures the success of its students by providing small classes and instructors that are willing to give personal instruction.

Academically speaking, as long as the student is within the university's academic requirements, I feel that no student should be denied admission. Students should be expelled however if they do not maintain a 2.0 GPA. Also, those students who cheat, plagiaraze, and have excess drug use should no longer be allowed to attend Lewis University.

Self: Stay focused. The goal that you are trying to obtain is more important than anything than all the things trying to distract you. Stay true to yourself. It's so easy to get lost in everyone else, in all that is new and in things that do not matter. Be sure to stay true to who you know you are. Save your money. College and college life is EXPENSIVE. Start saving now, do not waste money on things that will not aid you in reaching your desired goals. You are your worst critic, give yourself some slack.

Antonio

Lewis university is a private school with plenty of opportunities to get involved in school. Many programs are offered for all kinds of fun and also is a very friendly environment. Class schedules are great since they provide many classes through all sort of times and days. The school also does a great job in keeping students updated with what is going on in the school and what is being offered such as scholarships, clubs, and organizations. The school is very beautiful by keeping it clean and surrounding it with nice clean grass, beautiful flowers, and different ornaments.

I would be more serious about my education goals and I would plan things ahead of time in order to receive scholarships and acceptances from school. Not only that, but I would also visit the different campuses to see what kind of environment they provide and what they have to offer. I would not assume that each college is the same since many schools offer different majors and even look at what the school is known for. Also, I would start saving up money for books and tuition. Not all scholarships give everything you need and sometimes I would have to pay out of my pocket. As a senior, I would knot know anything about college so I would have liked to receive some advice from my teachers, counselors, and family. I would have also been more outgoing and involved with school instead of quiet and always dedicated to just working at my job. In addition, I would make school my number one priority out of anything else and try to be in a sport team so I can join college sports to gain recognition and scholarships. Lastly, i would take high school courses that count as college credit.

The school is pretty distant from my house so I have to drive 35 minutes to get there. Since the school is expensive i cannot afford to live on campus. The wi-fi connection is not so great since it is pretty slow. I always have to wait a while for me to get to a certain page. Other than that, it is not bad at all and I do not regret going to lewis university.

Chris

When talking to myself and looking back to high school, I would say that you have nothing to worry about. You have found a school that will support your Catholic upbringing as well as foster new growth in the accounting major that I have declared. Lewis University also allows me to pursue my life long goal of becoming an airline captain. I will also tell myself that there have been struggles that I will overcome as well as friendships that will last a lifetime. Just remember to give it your all, and you will be able to find all of your dreams are within reach.

This school allows for me to become a better person through its friendliness and sense of belonging.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.