Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Maggie

Nursing school, Men's volleyball, Catholic and Lasallian values

Nursing school, Men's volleyball, Catholic and Lasallian values

I would tell myself to have as much fun as possible for the first two years. Since I started my major classes in nursing I have limited time for friends, family and a social life. When the general education classes are getting done in the first two years that's when you have time to join lots of clubs and still have time to study. I wish I would have known to relax more before I really had to settle down and hit the books hard.

I wish I would have known that they continue to enroll students but they do not accomodate as far as facilities go. I wish I would have known that the dorms are not very sound proof. I wish I would have known that my sport is not given the same benefits that other sports that go to my school receieve.

Matthew

If I were to go back in time and give myself advice knowing what I know now, would tell myself not to stress out about college. In high school, I thought it was going to be difficult to make the transition. In reality, it is not so hard after all. The hardest part about college is deciding what major I am going to declare. I do not want to declare the wrong major and end up mad all the time because of me hating my job. If i choose the wrong major, I could end up going back into school and declaring a different major so that I live a happy life. Also, in high school, I was worried about whether or not I was going to be able to make new friends. It turns out that making friends in college is easier then it was in high school.

The teachers at Lewis University know me by my name because the maxinmum class size is not as big if I were to attend a public University.

The worst thing about my school is there are not alot of variety of places to choose from to eat compared to other larger schools.

Anna

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would most definitely stress the fact that AP classes should be taken seriously. Knowing that I could've had college credit and saved myself a whole year of Physics seems so much more appealing now that I have to take the class all over again. AP courses really allow you to get ahead in credits and even graduate earlier. Having that knowledge now makes me look back at my senior year and see how immature I was in my thinking that senior year was a time to coast through to college.

In my perspective, the person that would fit in the best at Lewis is someone who likes personal attention in an academic setting. Being at a big school can really make someone feel like their educational journey is a lone endeavour. However, at Lewis everyone gets to establish a personal relationship with the professors so you never have to feel like there is no one to seek help from.

I brag the most about the fact that Lewis has awesome athletic programs. With such a small school it feels really comforting to be surrounded by athelets all the time. Also, because Lewis offers so much in its athletics the Chicago Bears are considering moving their training camp to our campus, now thats definitely something to brag about.

April

First of all, it would be really hard to give myself that bit of advice because I never completed high school. I went to go get my GED during my freshman year. Although if I were going to give a high school senior advice I would tell them that college is really hard especially if all you are thinking about is how to party and have a good time. The one thing that makes college more difficult than high school is all the freedom you get. You have the freedom to make your own choices, and do what you want. Everything is not handed to you, you have to earn it. Don't procrastinate because it makes everything a little bit harder. Also, another thing is that you cannot rely on others because everyone else has a busy life, too. So try not to miss as much as possible because you may not be able to get the work from someone else. Also, always read the syllabus given to you at the beginning of the semester. The syllabus can be very helpful in teaching you how your professor is and what he/she is looking for in a student.

If you are looking for a party school this is not the school for you. Also, if you aren't someone you would consider to like religion I would not go here because they make you take at least one Theology course which is the study of religion.

The fact that they make you take at least one theology course as a general education requirement. The reason why I don't like this is because I am an athiest, and those classes can be very boring.

Erin

make the most of it!! it goes by fast, make sure to plan your future while you are in college and not wait until it is almost over

Roxana

As a freshman, I've learned that the transition from high school to college is not an easy path, but it most definitely is not an impossible one. If you truly want to succeed and know where you want to go, you can get through it without hesitation. Of course you are going to struggle and there might be a point where you feel like there is no way you can make it through another hectic school week, but you have to push yourself and not give up. One of the main things that you will learn through your transition is to manage your time efficiently. You will learn that there is going to be less time of fun and games and there's going to be more of reading and studying in the library. However, this doesn't mean that you will become anti-social, it just means that you will need to put more time into your studies hence time management. In the end everything will pay off, you will have the career of your dreams and had gone through amazing experiences. They do say college is the best four years of your life.

One of the best things about my school is it's diversity in events. There are tons of events going on every week, from multicutural feasts to a sport game or plays. I definitely believe your study work should be your most important priority, but you need time for yourself and for your friends once in awhile. At Lewis University you have a lot of activities to pick from.

Before I started at Lewis University, I wished I had known that I needed to change my study habits. My study habits from high school were horrible, but it worked for me then and I believed that they would work for me in college, as well. However, my old habits would have set me up for failure if I had continued with them, which was a lesson I had to learn the hard way. So it definitely would have been nice if i knew this before.

Bianca

Hello there Bianca, this is your counscious of tomorrow. Here I am to give you couple of advices about your future. From here I can forsee that if you engage in a sport team, just like a volleyball player that you used to be, you would get a brilliant scholarship to support your gear. Also, if you have never given up on piano, you also would have few arts and ideas scholarship to play in the band or just in some concerts that school provides. On the top of everything, while you are in class, do your best and focues in each single subject, because those are not just important to career but to your knowledge and wisdom. Everybody always want to have a talk with smart people, they fullfill you with sharing experiences. Now, when you get here, in the future, make sure you meet a new person everyday and keep in touch with them until life make you apart. We never know what the future holds for us and what those people could do for you!!! Believe in yourself more than you already do and give another step forward. You will definatellly success!

Persons that seek a natural and quite way of learning should attend this school. The environment is just right for those who want to build a bright future and expect success. Staff and faculty do make their best to help each single student throughout the journey. The school provides perfect environment for researches such as the library and a diverse environment with students from different cultures. It fits just perfect in my everyday life. I wish I could just keep on studying during my lifetime. :)

Because this is a LaSallian and Catholic university I would not recommend people that have faith in different religions and follow it very restrictly; even though, it would be very interesting to learn about different religions and beliefs as well. Other than that it hard to define would not be allowed to go to school. School is public to any individual, from youger ages until later. Come in and ejoy it! Studying is always fun in here!

Kaitlyn

Classmates add new dimensions to my life and I frequently learn something new from all the different people I interact with. Classmates are typically friendly and willing to work with me to complete assignments or other tasks. Many classmates have also become wonderful friends.

Keep in mind that once upon a time, you used to imagine your college days as the future that seemed so far off, such a long time away. When you were in grade school, college seemed like a million years away- a point in your life you just couldn't wait to live. That "long time away from now" point is now. Make the most of it. Maybe you'll be living the life you used to dream about. Maybe you'll be doing the things you wished you could do, taking the steps to get your dream job, your dream career, your top goals in life. Make the most of every day and give your best, because once upon a time, this life you are living is the life you only dreamed about. You're not in grade school anymore. The things you do now are the things that will shape your life and the person you want to be. Make good decisions and do the right thing because college affords you the opportunity to live your dreams, so take full advantage of your college experiene and live them and acknowledge that college can make your dreams reality.

I have a frequent concern about the amount of money needed to pay for my tuition.

Kourtney

That it's a Christian school, and it's private.

That it's a Christian school, and it's private.

I would tell myself that, if I don't know what my major is then I should get my general education classes done first. Once I knew what my major is I would dive right in.

I tell them how well Lewis' classes are well organized, and how everyone, including the teachers are willing to help you.

Alexandra

Very nice, open and friendly people, who are very easy to get along with.

Very nice, open and friendly people, who are very easy to get along with.

If i had the ability to go back to my senior year of highschool and give myself advice it would be to start studying. In highschool i barely ever studyed. I would possibly look over things the night before but would always do fine on tests and quizzes. I tried that with my first biology test and recieved a C. I never got C's in highschool. I would tell myself to being learning study habits and to refresh myself on my mathmatics and sciences, especially for my major. I would tell myself that taking it easy for my senior year wouldnt exactly be the best thing I could do and instead take some more math classes to be prepared. My transition period from highschool to college would have been alot easier if i would have known then what i know now.

I dont really find anything bad enough to write about. My school is small and offers alot of outside help if needed. plus you get plenty of one on one time with your teachers.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.