Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Mark

The classmates for the most part are very helpful and nice just ask questions and do not be shy and you will get what u neede...

The classmates for the most part are very helpful and nice just ask questions and do not be shy and you will get what u needed

The advice i would give to parents and/or students on finding the right college would have to be do what is best for the student. The student is the one who has to go their for four years. Do not send your kid to a college just because you went their or that is the school you wanted to go to. The parents should encourage their child to apply and let them make decisions as to where they want to go. Only ask questions of why they want to go their and only object if it is not safe and out of their budget. Making the most out of college is about living one day at a time and not being shy. Try new things you only live once and only get to expierence college once. Join activities on campus and do not judge other people because they are different from you. You might have missed out on a good friend.

I would say the teachers . Always available for help I mean there are the select few but most are great and helpful.

crystal

They are very friendly.

They are very friendly.

we are known for hte small campus, avaitaion, nursing, education, and volleyball.

You have to make sure that the college offers everything that you are looking for. You also have to make sure that it is affordable and that there is aid available. Location is also a good key in picking a school. Small schools are more expensive but the student gets more hands on experience with their professors and the clas size is small where as at a big school your teacher might no know your name and you could have a class where a grad student is teaching it or the teachers assistant, but public schools are cheaper.

Kevin

Take advantage of overnight stays in dorms with current students if possible. An hour tour with an admissions counselor does not give a good representation of life on campus. Variety of food is key when selecting a school where the student will spend four years. The first few days are critical to making friends and joining a club/sport right away is a great move. Knowing at least one other person at or going to the school is extremely helpful. I would recommend attending church or having some religious connection. I made networking a large part of my college experience and the things I learned from introducing myself and talking to professionals on my own and through school could end up being more important then any class I took. Do some volunteer work while in college. The things you learn from being around motivated people that give without expecting anything in return are very valuable and you might not get a chance when you finish school.

If you want a very career-focused learning environment Lewis is a great school. All of my professors in aviation worked in the field for many years and a lot of the learning comes from first-hand stories. Lewis owns an old United Airlines 737 and a fleet of Cessna aircraft. It is not a huge party school which is good because there is no pressure to drink and there are fewer distractions to take away from classwork. Lewis is a great school if you like Church/youth group activities. The food is great and the dorms are really nice.

Lewis is a small University made up of mostly commuter students. A lot of the students who live on campus live in the Chicago area and go home on the weekends which can make life very boring for the people who stay on campus. To live on campus you need a car to go anywhere, can't walk to a grocery store. The advisors are not always helpful. Some of the classes are not relevant. Summer classes are very expensive. Parking can be a real pain.

Jenna

The campus seemed much more friendly, cozy and less industrial than other campuses I visited. It's gorgeous in all seasons and gives a sense of a small community instead of an anonymous, urban environment.

No learning will occur in a setting where you feel uncomfortable. When I looked for my college, I tried to find something I knew would put me in my comfort zone: something close to home, somthing small and homey, and a place where my professors would actually get to know me as an individual instead of seeing me as some face lost in a crowd of people in a gigantic lecture hall. I've come to know many of my professors very well here and enjoy classes with them because they're not some nameless individual who happens to lecture to me from time to time. If the environment is good for you, then the experience and the campus in general will be conducive to your education in general.

Someone who's more worried about parties and socializing than their actual education. There are people who party, but it's not excessive like it can be at bigger campuses. There isn't always something to do on the weekends here because it IS a small campus, so someone who prefers bigger schools and more socializing probably wouldn't be happy here.

Jose

My classmates are helpful and interactive.

My classmates are helpful and interactive.

Research and visit each school in mind and make sure it is the student's choice and not the parents for what school a student attends.

The worst thing is that there is no lake or pond on campus.

Sheryl

Look at the campus, the teachers, and above all, spend a night at the campus and shadow a student at the university

I really enjoy the campus and the teachers because the teachers are willing to help a student when needed.

I wish that i knw how teh campus was during the weekends.

vici

Make sure you visit the campus. The vibe you get from the place that you'll be spending a lot of time at is important and you have to be comfortable with your surroundings in order to feel like you can ask for help and reach out to others if need be.

Easy going people who are interested in experiencing life away from home. No one who is overly into the partying scene because campus life is relatively chill and more focused on kids playing sports or doing other activities in the quad.

Tom

My classmates are a little full of drama, but for the most part we always have a good time. our time together is always one big joke, however, we are all very serious about our studies. We know how to have a real good time, but when it comes to our careers, we are all focused. Being pilots, we cannot afford to let our studies slip. The nursing majors at our school are more strict with their studies, but still know how to have fun

My advice would be to simply take your time. Start looking at schools very early. Try to get a feel for the class sizes, campus sizes, and campus types that you are looking for. Visit as many schools that interest you as you can. The biggest thing is to not stress. Parents urging kids to go to their college, or pressuring kids into deciding fast only adds to the stress level. Choosing a college is the first part of the college experience and you dont want to start off stressing. When you are making your decision, remember to base your decision off everything. Most people I know who transfer do so because they based their decision on only one or two items, most often social life or sports. When you choose and start at a school, keep in mind, that some people just dont fit in well or get along with a school type. It is ok to think you'll be alright in a large class only to find out you prefer smaller. It is perfectly okay to transfer for those reasons. But most importantly, have fun! These are the best years of your life! Enjoy them!

I wish i had already become a private pilot. It would have made my freshman year a little easier, and it would have saved me a lot of money. i also wish i had known how much it was gonna cost to become a pilot. The advisors here sugar coat the costs of flying to attract students here. They dont tell us the real costs of the average student, they just give us the very unrealistic best case scenario.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.