Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

The campus is absolutely beautiful. You are able to have personal relationships with your professors. I have had several classes with only 3-15 students in them.

I would encourage them to set up a visit day at the school. I would also encourage them to find students who love the college, students who are indifferent to the college, as well as those who dislike the college. It is important to have all perspectives. I would also take into account finances, class sizes, and location. Not every school is right for every person.

An individual who is self-motivated and enjoys having a personal relationship with one's professors. Lewis has a great nursing, athletic training, and biology department. It also has a strong psychology department, but offers very few opportunities for research.

Stephen

My school is most known for it's aviation program as well as it's nursing prgram.

Lewis is a Lasallian University. Expressing the ideas and teachings of St. John Baptist De LaSalle is always among us.

Apply to atleast 7 colleges and narrow the pick to 3 or 4. visit these colleges and let the student make the final choice. ask about the various student activities and clubs to join.

Jacquelyn

I had a really hard time making my final decision on what college I wanted to go to. I had researched alot and still found it hard to make a decision. To find the right college, I would say the most important thing is to go to the school and see it for yourself. A lot of ideas look good on paper and don't pan out in reality. I didn't know that my school was where I wanted to be until I went there and saw student life for myself. You don't even have to take one of those university tours. I just drove to the campus and walked around for a while meeting the students and seeing the sites. It is so much better than the staged photos you see online. Once I saw the school, I knew I'd be comfortable as a student there and that it was the right school for me. Being at ease and comfortable in your new surroundings is extremely important in making the most of your college experience. If you don't like being there, then you won't get out, make friends, and have a good time.

I love that Lewis is a small school because I like that my teachers know who I am and want to help me succeed. I like that Lewis isn't located in a big city, but that everything or anywhere you would need to go is close to campus. Chicago is only a short trip away (30-45 mins if no traffic) and since Lewis is a commuter school, only about 1000 students actually live on campus. I like that because the resident students tend to know a lot of people and make really good friends.

Lewis is a great place to be if you don't mind small classes and professors who actually know their students' names. The small atmosphere is friendly, but since it is a commuter school, alot of the students go home on the weekends and alot of the services on campus are closed. Most of the students at Lewis are serious about their education and happy to be a part of the Lewis community.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.