Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

The university I go to is private, non-profit and was built on Lasallian morals. The students, professors and everyone else around Lewis University are friendly, caring, open-minded, grateful and strong. Due to Lewis University's smaller campus, you run into people more often and we have a stronger awareness about what our campus needs to ensure safety and enjoyment. We award many of our students for their accomplishments, no one goes unnoticed. All students are allowed to contribute to any organization, our paper, etc. We are a giving community as well as a giving university.

Follow your heart and don't go to a college because of a name, location, aesthetic or whatever else. Witness a campus and go regardless of the price. If you work hard enough, you can afford anything. Don't be afraid to take time away from friends and work to join a club or organization. You will make new friends and find better opportunities that way. Surround yourself with people you can relate to and avoid all things you already know to avoid. It's easy to be alone but harder when you're hit with reality. Rely on your parents for a little longer because soon enough they won't be able to help you with anything.

The best thing about Lewis University is the atmosphere. Although Lewis Unverisity isn't such a large university where the whole city is considered a college city, its main campus is encompassed by so much passion and unity. Each person excels in their own way and demonstrates their beliefs, dreams and goals throughout their time at Lewis. No one holds another back at Lewis. Counselors, professors, other students or anyone else will only help you out to achieve your goals. Lewis makes me feel like I can achieve anything.

Tricia

Dear High School Self: The choices for education is daunting. Get a grasp of what you want before investing in a huge expense as college. However, it is well worth the expense. If you are not sure community college is a great affordable way to get general requirements out of the way. Apply apply apply for any and all sorts of aid. School is expensive but it doesn't have to be. Once you settle on a path work hard in your studies and participate in activities to build on that path. It not only builds yourself as an individual, it gives you the skills you may need for a career. Lastly, the best resource you can have are your teachers. They are there to give advice and guide you. Don't be afraid to talk to them. They know best where the resources you need are and if not where to direct you to them. Good Luck and Best Wishes Your college self

The nursing program and the student life. The faculty in the nursing program is very enthusiastic, knowledgable, and supportive. The student life is very involved and fosters a community for undergrads and grads to participate in.

Nothing. I did extensive research on the things that Lewis doesn't have and what it has to offer.

Laura

If I could go back in time and speak with the timid, shy high school senior I once was, there are a number of things I'd like to tell myself. For starters, I would tell myself to really get involved with my school. I spent most days of my first two years of college working and thus, really missed out on a lot of the great things my school had to offer and overall, on a good part of college experience. In addition, I would tell myself to enjoy the upoming years to the best of my ability. This time is meant to be the best time of your life and I truly wish I could tell myself to relax and enjoy it. I spent too much of my first couple years worrying about money and trying to make everything perfect instead of just taking in the experience and appreciating the college lifestyle. Finally, I would tell my high school self to dedicate yourself to everything you feel passionate about. If there is something out there that you feel strongly about, put your whole heart into it and don't be afraid of what others may think of you.

I wish I had known more about the layout of the campus and what the school has to offer.

Since I transferred to Lewis I have found only two things I am even slightly dissatisfied with; One is that I have ten minutes to get to a class that is .6 miles from my other class. I wish that I had been given better assistance when selecting my classes. The other thing that slightly bothers me is that I have several professors that I cannot understand due to their heavy accents. I love that Lewis has a staff that is so diverse, but it is very difficult to learn when you cannot understand what you are being told.

shanique

I would've given myself more wholesome advice such as: to remain in school until I've completed ALL my education. I do realize now how important it is to get an education and to stay on top of the game. I do have Cosmetologist license and I really wanted Fashion to be my foundation but I could'nt get into the college that I could afford that had a dormitory and I could'nt afford to live off campus. I wanted to work and that's all that was on my mind at the time but now I wish I would have applied for college when all my classmates were doing so, I did graduate with honors and probably by now my education would've paid off. I don't reqret making some of those decisions because alot of them help me to be the person that I am today. So now I'm looking forward to a bright future and to help make my daughter and myself life more comfortable

Haddy

College is not like high school. You cannot just procrastinate until the last minute. You need time to learn your material outside of the classroom if you want to succeed. It's also a good idea to form a study group. You'll find that studying is a lot easier with people that want to do well. Also, look at scholorships. I know mom and dad gave you this talk already, but believe me if you start right now, you wouldn't be having the problems we have now. Don't get me wrong we're doing well, but we could be doing better. I want to tell you that going to a two year college was the best decision I ever made. It is a lot cheaper and the classes are small, so you have a better chance at succeeding. When it comes to auditioning for the college shows, make a repotoire book. You can find a ton of songs in the campus library. Take dance classes as well, they REALLY help. I know that you want to be a Broadway performer, but seriously start thinking about other routes you can take. Finally, make each moment last a lifetime.

Jamie

I would tell myself to make more time for studying; your friends will always be there when you are done with your homework. To be more prepared for classes and test and to get ahead of my work to have more time to study. It's okay to reach out to your teachers and ask them for help or just for clarification on an assignment. Get involved in activities on campus! There is a lot to choose from and will help you expand your comfort zone and be more comfortable approaching other people. Be proud of being a library regular and take your friends with you, everyone could use some study time. Keep working hard, if not harder, because you're training for your future and by putting in the time now, it will pay off later.

Someone who is willing to put their school work first and be focused on what they have to do to stay on top of their work load. Friends are important but will have a busy work load too. A person who is interested in getting involved in the campus life and activities at campus, there is also a wide variety of students there with different backgrounds and ethnicities that make everyone feel comfortable and accepted. They make the transition into college easy and ease your nerves by having orientations and exposing you to the college life early.

The campus has amazing views and a very comfortable feel. You can be yourself here and there are plenty of ways to get involved and be interactive on and off campus. It is very easy to make friends and be accepted. The teachers are there to help you and willing to make meeting times with you and help in any way they can.

Ryan

I feel that Lewis University is an excellent school that offers a quality education while fostering a spirit of cultural diversity and religious tolerance.

Knowing what I know now about the college transition, there is one piece of important advice I would like to let my high school senior self know — the value of balance. Upon entering Lewis University, unlike many incoming freshmen, I was not interested in partying or a typical social life. I was intent on academic success — of sleepless nights studying and perfect term papers. Yet as a junior now looking back, I realize that while all of my hard work and good grades have not gone to waste, I may have passed up on some memorable moments meeting new people. College is indeed a time for budding adults to transform into independent men and women preparing for the workforce, but it is also one in which students can expand their social horizons and learn about the beauty of cultural diversity. Had I told myself more about the value of balance at the university level, I think I would have found sooner that happy medium I am still aiming towards now — to maintain a sense of stability between performing well in my courses and building those friendships, communal experiences, and college memories that will last me a lifetime.

I believe that a person who is interested in receiving a solid education while becoming experienced in a friendly, supportive environment would find Lewis to be a great school to attend.

Nhu

Lewis University is friendly campus that provides individual attention to students for a better learning envirnment.

As a high school senior, I was absent-minded and careless; from where I went to high school, we called this "senioritis". Senioritis was a state of laziness used to describe high school seniors who just wanted to do the absolute minimum before graduation. I was an ignorant high school senior because I did not realize how much it would reflect in my college career, but I was also scared of the change. If I could go back in time to speak with myself, I would tell myself to get my act together. I would tell myself of how my impression of college was wrong because it is not about all the parties. Being in college is something you do for your own sake, and unlike high school, there is no leniency. I would also give myself some words of encouragement; look myself in the eye and say that I have always been a strong person, that there is no reason for that to stop. I would tell the earlier version of me to believe in herself and not be scared because she was made to succeed.

Lewis University is made for those who prefer a tight-knit group. With a small campus, class sizes are typically less in number which ensure for a student's relationship with a professor. The atmosphere at Lewis University is very accepting and friendly, therefore, those who seek to meet close friends should attend this school. Students at this school are also very involved in the many events hosted here, so it is a good school for those who enjoy socialization.

Edna

If I could have went back in time to give myself advice when I graduated highschool here is what I would have told myself. I would have said Renea I have come from your future to warn you not to get married and have children after you get out of school. You need to stay in school and get an education. Study and learn about the law and stride to become a lawyer. Get yourself established first before you think about getting envolved with any relationships. Stay away from abusive men and when you have children make them your first priority. Take care of them and always protect them form abuse. If you get caught in a sistuation with your children that you feel you cannot get out of do whatever it takes to leave. take the advice and counsel of people who know what they are talking about, don't get mad and think that people are jealous of you when they are looking out for your best interest. Take the incentive to go look for a battered womens shelter and know that staying is not the only option. If you refuse to listen you will lose everything important.

sara

I would say reconsider rooming with a friend. Although it has been fun I feel that it put our relationship through unneeded hardships. I believe that our friendship would be stronger today if we did not live in the same room. I would also say make sure to take advantage to the weekends. Even if I do not have homework it is still a huge help to get ahead or get some studying done over the weekend. Make sure to time manage and do not wait till the last minute to complete the homework. In college there is a lot more free time so try to fill it with productive things ie. working out, studying, working. If possible try and get an on compus job as soon as possible. They fill fast and it is much needed to have extra money during the school year.

There are not very many good food choices. I with there was more healthy options. I feel that other than nursing and aviations there are not many strong degree programs.

It can be very dead and empty on the weekends due to the fact that it is a large commuter school. I wish more people lived on campus or did not go home all the time. There are not many options for things going on over the weekends.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.