Romeoville, IL
Lewis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lewis University

Cynthia

Reminiscing of how far I have come is amazing. First things first, I would tell my younger self to relax! After high school graduation, it is simply a time to spend with your friends and family and shop for room decorations, not to stress about what to expect. You only have those few weeks before it all begins. I went away for college to really get the college experience and I was a nervous wreck. Looking back now, I realize how far I have come. I have grown so much, but still have held onto whom I am. I have made some mistakes I can’t change, but college is all about a time to learn, not just inside the classroom, but with all aspects of life and more. College goes quick. Before you know it you are out in the real world, fighting with the wolves of the business world. I would tell my younger self, to embrace everything that comes your way, enjoy every minute that passes by, and grab every opportunity that presents itself. College is a world of fun, but what you take with you is an education that brings hope and life-long relationships.

Shannon

This school is great for individuals that are serious about school and focused on their future.

Before you start school make sure that you are a hundred persent sure that you are satisfied with your major. Look to the future and see if it will lead you down the path that you desire. Once you have made your decision, stay focued and don't let anyone or anything stad in your way. Listen to your advisors, and choose only the clsasses that will help you graduate. Make sure that you get as much as you can from financial aid and save up in case you run out of money. You can do it, good luck.

Make sure that you have a dependable method of transportation.

Deborah

What is unique about my school compared to others is that it is in close proximity to where I live. It saves on having to purchase additional money for gasoline.

Assuming that I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, and knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would advise that much attention be given to goal setting, prioritizing and discipline. I believe that this is the formula for a successful college life. The Bible says that without a vision people perish. I believe that a vision is what inspires and motivates people to action. Goal setting gives you the vision you need to move ahead. It's necessary for a successful college life. In order to realize your vision, I believe you must prioritize. Prioritizing doesn't put off the things that are necessary for your college success. Prioritizing puts the necessary things first. Prioritizing is essential to college life. Discipline is also essential for a successful college student. There must be a balance of study and recreation. There maybe times when studying must take precedence over recreation. A discipline of good study habits is a must for success. If I knew back then what I know now, I would follow my advice for a successful college life that would include goal setting, prioritizing and discipline.

I consider my school a blessing. The worst thing that I can think of is that there should be more parkiing space available.

Jacquelyn

My classmates are very hard workers but also know how to live life.

My classmates are very hard workers but also know how to live life.

When I tell people about Lewis I usually tell them about all of the opertunities that Lewis has to offer. I also tell them about Koinonia, which is a weekend retreat that helps the retreatents discover God, themselves and others. There is free time and is really relaxing. I would also tell them about all of the opertunities that Lewis has to offer! There are many friendly people here and it is an all around beautiful campus. If I had to choose, again, what school to attend for college I would choose Lewis University hands down.

JOHN

From as early as I could remember, I wanted to work in a visual medium. I am currently enrolled as a full time student, studying to be a Visual Communications Technician. I work on campus at Ocean County College in New Jersey. My current work is as a media technician, but, the position is only part time. I am planning to work on campus as a full time employee, finish my communications degree, and plan to work in the film and television field. I have also taken courses in teaching, and I have tutored English reading and writing for many years. I have worked in the corporate, academic, and retail environments, and I have over fifteen years experience in the customer service field. I have an ability to communicate and get along well with my fellow students and work colleagues. Your scholarship fund will not be taken for granted. Over the years I have proven to be a productive member of society, and I wish to continue learning and working hard to achieve my goals. Thank you for your time and consideration, John Seery

matt

The program tought me the necessary tools i need to know to be an electrican. I have learned how to take accurate measurements on bending and cutting conduit. I was tought how to hook up different types of equipment and was told how they worked. I think college made it easier on me. Im sure if i didnt go to college and i went straight to working i wouldnt have gone as far as i have as fast as i have.

Lewis allowed me to live at home while still attending a four year university. This helped cut the cost of school this year because I did not have to pay for room and board. The campus is at a very convenient location for students that are considering a commuter college.

Although I have only completed one semester of college thus far, it has been the first impressions of college life that have been an eye-awakening experience that will last my whole lifetime. High school was undemanding and lacked a challenge, and because of that I was spoiled academically. Attending a university has been a thrilling challenge that has engaged my full efforts. In reaction to the rising demands of college life, I have found many of my life skills to be improoving. Time-mangagement has been a crucial skill that has developed this past semester. Additionally, the stresses of my college work load have required me to pay closer attention to my personal well-being physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The rumors that the first semester in college is "make or break" is beyond true, and I am proud to say that I have made it through my first semester extremely successfully and look forward to the increasing challenges of semesters to come.

I love that my classes are really small, and my professors actually know my name and a little about me. Coming from a public high school, I also love that the campus is beautifully decorated for the Christmas season. It's the small things that you notice and trully appreciate.

Rebecca

From my college experience I have met a wide diversity of students and have become friends with some of them. There are so many resources available for help that it is kind of mind blowing. The professors are very helpful and kind. The campus is peaceful and beautifil so I can find a place to study anywhere and still get my work done and not get stressed or distracted.

The best thing about Lewis University would have to be how helpful the professors are if I need it.

I wish I had known to check my student email accounts every day and before school started so I was aware of any changes for classrooms and/or homework

I have learned that there do exist places where the people truly want to learn, and learn well. College has shown me dedicated and hard-working students who are willing to sacrifice their comfort and needs in order to work toward their goals. Attending college has taught me how to work, even if the work is only to study and learn, and how to be supportive when a situation seems hopeless. Most importatantly, college has taught me to face my fears and just do it, even when I feel like giving up. It's taught me courage, and strength, and how to fight and triumph over my weaknesses.

I wish I had known how nice everyone was going to be and how helpful and supportive the teachers are. I also wish I had known just how far apart classes where so that I would not have sent my time sprinting between class.

There are Catholic teaching Lasallian Brothers there who do not support the Catholic youth group. In order for the school to serve all the different types of students, it stifles the Catholic tradition and supports all that is opposite.

Lewis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.