Portland, OR
Linfield College-School of Nursing

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Linfield College-School of Nursing

Sterling

Awesome school location. Professional, knowledgable staff commited to improving the educational experience. Breakneck pace for the accelerated nursing program. Strong writers and those who enjoy writing will be a good fit for this writing intensive school. Weak writers or those who don't enjoy writing may want to reconsider.

Best known for training students who will go on into advanced positions in nursing. Known for being a small school, with small class sizes. I was able to get to know everyone in my class.

The only way one can know if a job is for them is to do that job and see how they like it. Job shadow areas of interest and potential interest. If possible, get involved and work in areas of interest. Determine what I like and don't like about the work and seek ways to change what I don't like and accentuate what I like. Don't give up on your interest because you don't think you are smart enough! Find a way to be involved in what your passionate about regardless of your intelligence. If you get burned out, take time off and reprioritize! I spent too long working too hard and was too dissappointed in my intelligence and abilities. If you're not enjoying your life, something is wrong. Fix it! If you don't have enough free time to enjoy your life outside of school and work, rebalance your schedule. Reduce your class load, reduce your employment load make time for important relationships and favorite activities. Life isn't a race. It's about how much you enjoy it. Make sure you enjoy it. My OCD worked against my enjoyment and fueled burnout.

Dylan

I'd tell myself that no matter how hard things get and no matter how afraid I am to continue moving forward, I should do just that; Move forward. The best way to get back on track is to continue moving, and to think on your toes because doing nothing will get you nothing. Furthermore, i'd let myself know that college is not as crazy, and expensive, and out of reach as I thought it was back then. There are many types of financial aid available and many ways to achieve ones goals. If I had known all of this during high school I may have transitioned straight to University, but I didn't so i'm using thsi knowledge now to strive for my future.

Janasa

Close-knit community with a very supportive staff and student body.

Close-knit community with a very supportive staff and student body.

There are some experiences in life that we will never forget. I had one of these experiences recently when I held the hand of a terminally ill patient during my clinical rotation for nursing school. She looked up at me and said "I look at life in terms of quality and not quantity. And that's enough for me." I went home with these words circling in my mind, and felt for the first time a sense of clarity that my nursing school experience is not just giving me theoretical and practical knowledge, but also a window into the soul of humanity. None of us can say that tomorrow is certain, and though we may not all be critically or terminally ill, we can live our lives in pursuit of improving the quality of life for ourselves, our families, our communities, and our world. The value of my nursing school education is learning how to be a competent and compassionate nurse, but more importantly, how to be a person who recognizes the gift of life, no matter how fleeting it may be.

Limited computer and clinical lab hours are hard to work around.

Linfield College-School of Nursing administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.