Lock Haven, PA
Lock Haven University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Lock Haven University

Nadia

My college experience was long, confusing, and rewarding. Being the first in my family to go to college was exciting and my parents were very proud of me. But there were a few problems. Since I was the first to attend college, there was no one to teach me about college. Another problem I had was that I was an illegal alien when I graduated from high school. I didn't know if I could even attend college. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to have a friend who took me down to the local community college to enroll. From then on, I had to wing it. I had no support from the school, I worked a full-time job, attended school full time, took unnessary classes, and ended up over-working my self and burning out. But I didn't care. I loved the commitment to school and the feeling of independence and knowing that I was succeeding on sher will and man-power. The worked paid off, and I was the first to in my family to receive an AA (with 88+ units!) and I'm willing to do all over again for a BS in psychology and beyond!

Melissa

Lock Haven University is probably best known for having the ability to form good student teacher relationships. The class sizes are fairly small, which makes it easier to communicate with the professors. This makes it easier to follow along and understand the material, as most people feel more at ease in smaller groups. Also, the professors try to be available as possible. If for some reason you are not able to meet with them during the scheduled office hours, they work with you in order to make sure you get in to meet with them at another time.

I actually am going back to college after taking two years off. The first time around, I didn't take it seriously. When I started missing class all the time, my grades started slipping and I just decided to give up. After I was out of school, I realized that I made a mistake and needed to go back. The only problem was that my parents refused to help me because of my previous college experience. So, I finally saved up enough money to go back this semester. When I was out of school, I felt depressed all the time because I knew I could have graduated, I was just too lazy to do it. Now I am a little bit older and I realize that school isn't a joke or a burden. It is something that you choose to do in order to better yourself and to prepare you for what you want to do for the rest of your life. I guess before, I thought that I could just sit around and good things would come to me. I needed to grow up and understand that rewards come from hard work.

The person that should be attending Lock Haven University is one that wants a solid education. I started out at a different school because I didn't really prefer the curriculum. Someone looking to attend Lock Haven University would probably be pleased with the curriculum, as it integrates classes that you actually will need for your career. My major is Health Sciences (Pre-PT). At my first school, I had to take all Biology classes, like Ecology. At Lock Haven, I took a cadaver dissection class and a clinical rehab class, which are directly related to my career.

Kyle

I come from a small town, and my new classmates have taught me one major thing - tolerance; not everyone is the same as me.

Lock Haven University has a Global Honors Program (which I have been accepted into) that has the mission of providing students with special opportunities to develop their scholarship and leadership skills and provide them with international experiences. There are small, discussion-based classes that encourage participation and hands-on activities. The program puts on special events especially for freshmen to help them acclimate to college life and meet new people. There are many other perks including scholarship money and priority scheduling. LHU is unique in that its honors program has a global focus to teach students to become global citizens.

I haven't been in college for very long, but I have gotten a lot out of my experience already. This is my first time staying from home for months at a time, so I have developed a sense of independence and self-reliance; I can't depend on my parents for food, laundry, and reminders any more. I have also had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people who have different values than me, and I have started to develop friendships with many of them. The education I am receiving is great also. I am sure I have picked the right major for me and enjoy most of my classes, particularly the ones related to health science. I have understood since the beginning of high school that there is a lot of value in attending college, and now I can actually see the benefits. I am being presented with many different ways of looking at subjects and am being molded into a more rounded person that is able to see the world in a new light. Obtaining a higher education has influenced me, and will continue to influence me to become the best person I can be.

Theresa

I am barely half way through my first semester of college, while its not what I was expecting in any way, in some areas I have gained a lot. I am taking a writting class, as simple as it appears I am learning a lot about myself as a writer about good tips to make my writing better and how to improve my writing skills. As well as one of my most interesting classes would be sociology, it's a class that introduces the idea of how to communicate and interact with people around us and how inactions work in the world. I feel these are both classes that I will take with me the rest of my life, in my furture career and as life skills in general.

Most of my classmates are very sports oriented. Almost everyone is in a sport or loves working out.

I have met many different people. Some are from California, others from Venezuela. The diversity is amazing. I have learned how important it is to just set time for yourself. It really helps you think about the kind of person you want to become. College is a great way to just be yourself, whatever that may be.

I wish I would have known to apply to as many colleges as possible! I only applied to one and changed my mind last minute.

Casey

Lock Haven University is a very friendly environment where physical fitness and academics are their stronghold.

I have made the closest of friends with whom I can confide in anything with. Lock Haven encourages academics and on-campus involvement. I have a 3.71 GPA, am in the honors program, am captain of my intramural volleyball team, and the public relations officer for the psychology club. I have a great relationship with my advisor who is always there to answer my questions and encourage me. Attending Lock Haven will increase my chances of getting into the graduate school of my choice. I am not worried about my future because Lock Haven makes sure that you get on the right path and work to the best of your ability and succeed.

I am majoring in psychology and the professors are helpful and want you to succeed in life.

Danielle

That is hard because everyone is so different. There are students from all over.

I have grown up a lot since attending Lock Haven. My parents are not here to tell me what to do or how to do it. I have to use my own judgement when I do things. I like to have fun but I know that I want to succeed in life so my studies have come first. It was hard but I have maintained a 3.68 GPA in my Freshman year. I have learned to do for myself and not to depend on people to do things for me. That alone has made me grow up. I want to study abroard so I have studied hard. I have also learned how to handle my money and I know that I am getting better at it. College is Fun Time but it is also Life Time. What I mean by that is, you decide what you want in life and apply yourself, The rest of your life depends on how you fare in College.

There is not a lot to do. It is a small school with a small campus. The city is also small

Amber

I would give myself a few different types of advice. First, I would tell myself not to be so worried about making friends. Making friends in college is so much easier than in high school. People seem to be more accepting in college and like meeting new people. I would also tell myself that even though I had my own room for most of my life, living with a roommate is not that bad. As long as you set ground rules and are willing to talk to each other about things it will all work out. A third thing I would tell myself would be concerning academics. A college course by itself is not difficult, it is when you have a bunch of them at once. Time management and to-do lists are a very important skill to have.

The worst thing about LHU is that most of the dorms are on top of a big hill. It makes people not want to come here and many of the students that live up there do not want to come down to the rest of campus most of the time.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Lock Haven University is the type of person who loves big city life. LHU is a "small college lifestyle, big city education."

The education program is great. We are in the classroom freshman year. It really helps to make sure that is what you want to do with your life. Other scools you are not into classrooms until sophmore or even junior year. I just love how it is set up.

I would tell myself to look harder for scholarships . More scholarships would have helped out greatly. I am feeling the pressure to pay for the next three years of school because of out of state tuition. So if I had looked harder for more scholarships I could focus on school more.I would also tell myself to do what you want and do what maks you happy. Mom and dad will presure you to stay in Colorado for school, don't do it. Lock Haven is the best thing to happen to you.

Lock Haven is a smaller school but you still get a great education. For me I do not like large schools. I feel lost at them, so Lock Haven is the perfect size for me. The country atmosphere is also wonderful.

Holly

LHU is a rural school that makes you feel welcome where ever you are on campus; whether it is the library, dining hall, or in the classroom with the friendly professors.

I would tell myself that it is not as bad as my teachers made it seem like. Make sure that you do not go back to your room until all of your homework for the day is done. Life in the residence halls is great, but make sure you find someone that you mesh pretty well with to be your roommate. Preppy girls are sometimes hard to deal with, especially when you have nothing in common. Stay in band. There are so many nice people that become your friends instantly, so you will never be the lonely freshman. There are so many opportunities that come up with meeting so many people. Go for the honors program your first semester to help out with the tuition price. You are smart enough to keep up with all of the requirements. Become involved in some activity besides band. Try for an honorary fraternity or sorority. You will keep up with your community service hours, and have a blast doing something besides homework. Take it easy, if you need to take an extra semester, take one. And finally, do what you want to do and have fun.

The most frustrating thing about LHU is that the university took away the B.S. degree in the Foreign Languages department, which I was planning to take courses for that degree. Now I have to take classes in the B.A. degree. There is now no possible way to get my teaching certificate in German.

Lock Haven University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.