Farmville, VA
Longwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Longwood University

Rebecca

I like Longwood because the class size is perfect for me; however, I wish the school was a little but larger so I could meet more people. The dining hall does not have the greatest food so I have opted out of buying a meal plan, but that is perfectly okay with me because I get to choose specifically what I want to eat. The number one thing I love about Longwood are all of the traditions it has. Even if you are not into Greek life or involved in any campus activities, you still comply with the traditions. Every October we have Oktoberfest where we participate in Color Wars. This is an event where we throw our graduating year’s color paint at the opposite team. This is probably my favorite tradition that Longwood University has. The sense of community is wonderful and every feels welcome most of the time. The plus side of Longwood being a small university is that everywhere you go, you will most likely see someone you know. I really enjoy going to Longwood University.

Leigh Ann

I am currently an off-campus Longwood University students. I go to Longwood through New College Institute in Martinsville, Virginia. Even though I am 2 and a half hours from the main campus, I have so many learning opportunities that provide me with things that will help continue my education. The off-campus professors are wonderful! They are always available to help and assist in any way possible. In my particular class, there is 8 students, so the one-on-one attention we get is phenomenal. I truly could not ask for a better university. Longwood is definitely the place to be, whether on campus or off-campus!

Anyssa

I love everything about Longwood, especially our traditions. Opinions are valued and it truly feels like you are home when you are there. Everyone wants to see each other succeed. The professors are amazing and are available to help you whenever you need it. I transferred here from a private college and it was the best decision I could have made. I found my home away from home and some of the best friends I could ever ask for.

Brett

Longwood is an excellent school if you like a smaller atmosphere. The professors know their student's names and the class sizes are small. The student body is close and their is a lot of school spirit. Greek life plays a big part in the student's lives, however it is not essential for students to go Greek. All in all, Longwood is an amazing school with awesome professors and even better students

Maurice

Longwood is a great school with small classrooms and great professors, and the professors help a lot understanding the information in class, yet only if the student willing to put in the effort for their studies. Longwood is great small school with the city isn't the place you want to be at.

I would try and better prepare myself for the classes I took. The most important thing in college is to keep on top of your assignments and readings due. Professors automatically assume that you did the reading for class, so if you haven't you are completely lost about what is being taught. I would also tell myself to learn better time management, which is another important aspect of college. You really have to set aside several hours to do homework and study for each class that you are taking. Not studying is an easy way to fall behind in class which then causes your grade to drop. I would say that being open and making new friends is the best way to go through college, sitting around in your dorm is not fun so always set time aside for having fun as well as studying.

Someone that loves school sponsered activites and would like to join clubs and organization. Longwood University is big on leadership and participating with other students. Greek life is also a large part of Longwood, and there are manh options so it is easy to find your place. Classes are small so it is easier to interact with your teachers because they know everyone in your class. Although Farmville is a small town, there are many activites on and off campus that you can do with your friends, like sports games and bowling.

Someone that must have a big city look and feel to their school should not attend Longwood University. There are limited options for shopping so most people have to travel at least an hour to go to the stores they would like. Longwood is a small college, so if you want a sense of anonymity at your school, Longwood University is not for you. Although you don't know everyone, it's not hard to know all the people you see on a day-to-day basis.

My classmates are supportive, friendly, and dedicated students who I can always count on.

If I could go back to high school and give myself advice I would tell myself to be confident in myself and choices I make. I would encourage myself to not be afraid to go out a meet new people and volunteer more. I would tell myself that I should not be ashamed of who I am and what I believe in. Fitting in in high school is not the most important thing. Focus on your grades and getting into a good college where you can meet new people and find your path for life. Not everything in life will be handed to you and you will deal with a lot of hardships but having faith and courage will help you through and never give up. Focus more on yourself and your desires and dreams rather than your friends and peers. Its your life and no one is living it for you so always be the best version of yourself you can be and work hard no matter what. If you follow your own choices and dreams then you will feel confident in who you are and what you want out of life.

A person who love learning, want a good education, and being involved with the school and community should attend this school.

Corrina

My school does not have a football team, however it has just as much, if not more, school spirit as larger schools with teams. We have a very close knit community and lean on each other, students and faculty alike. Longwood is my home. Classes are small and professors know every student by name and face and are invested in each student's success.

Longwood is a great place for everyone. We love new students to become part of our family. We always have activities on campus and there are classes for everyone. We have a spectacular education and nursing program and business is on the rise.

Tyler

I would tell myself to get more involved in school. I would also tell my self to be active with my friends. I wish i had more stories to tell to my new friends at school. This was the one thing i regret in highschool. If i could go back and re-do it, then i would.

The worst part about Longwood University is the fact that freshman are not allowed to have cars on campus. This is the worst part because of how often i would like to go home. I unfortantly can not travel home with out my parent coming to get me. That is hard to do when your parent works full time.

I think that people who previously lived in large urban cities should not attend longwood. Farmville, Va is extremlely rual. There isnt much to do around here, and i know students that are from large cities will not like this area.

Longwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.