Farmville, VA
Longwood University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Longwood University

bianca

No matter you go on Longwood's campus you will always see someone you know and people in good spirits.

No matter what happens there is usually a solution and you never have to continue to do something you don't want to do. These are things that were getting lost among my nervous butterflies. Before going to college I was extremely worried about moving away from home and finding my nitch in a new place so I would remind myself that all the worrying in the world would not help or change anything. I think that if I had worried less I would have enjoyed my first few weeks of college life more instead always being anxious and calling my parents every five minutes. "Don't worry, be happy" is the best advice I could possibly give myself.

Longwood is pretty expensive because it is a small school. Every year the board of visitors gets together and raises the tuition so it's a little upseting but somewhat understandable do to the state of the economy. Other larger schools do have lower tuition but much larger class sizes so its a bit of a double egdged sword.

Although I have only experienced one semester at longwood, My fellow class mates are friendly, outgoing, and motivated to lea...

Although I have only experienced one semester at longwood, My fellow class mates are friendly, outgoing, and motivated to learn.

Longwood is best known for its small town atmosphere and friendly people. As a result of the small classes you are able to develope a stronger relationship with your professors and recieve help which enables you to really learn and apply the information beung taught.

When I first arrived at Longwood, I felt as though I was being freed from a prison I had been forced to attend for 12 years. High school was a difficult time for me and the stereotypical college experience I was expecting was invigorating. The feeling of being able to do pretty much whatever you want, whenever you want, was so unfamiliar to me that I decided to take full advantage of the opportunity. It wasn't long before I realized that freedom comes with responsibility and consequences. The decisions you have to make during college are life changing. Through these lessons, you learn how to trust yourself and you start embrace your originality. Without the humbling experience of making mistakes and taking responsibility for myself, the side of me my parents have noticed and come to love would still be hidden under my lazy and stubborn exterior. My college experience has helped shape me into becoming a more faithful, responsible and motivated person. This experience has been so valuable and I am grateful to have had the chance to mature.

Kaitlin

I'm going to be blunt - at first, I thought college was a complete waste of time and was not looking forward to soldiering through it. I've stated that I dislike my school being located in such a small town, but I love that the university itself is similarly on the small side and very, very friendly. I've learned what a difference people can make and how the right attitude and environment can make anything so much more enjoyable - I look forward to these next few years not because I like classes and think tons of homework is to die for, but because I know that the professors are helpful, friendly, and they want to see you succeed, they really do. Other students are fantastic about helping "noobs" settle in and get their new lives straight - everyone has tips and advice and they give it freely. :) The size of the school means that you see people around and become familiar with almost everyone. The experience so far has been worth its weight in gold in erasing my fear for the future and cultivating a valuable set of people skills.

Again, the worst thing would be the location. There's not much to do outside of campus activities - there's a bowling alley, a movie theater, a Putt-Putt course, and a Wal-Mart.

The most frustrating thing would have to be that my school is in such a small town - nowhere to go and nothing to to do. This does allow for plenty of time to do work, though.

College experience has done a lot for me. I have made so many new friends and memories. The upper classmen at Longwood are really friendly, welcoming, and willing to help the freshmen out. It just reflects on how Longwood represents students who are friendly, respectful, and honorable and I am proud to be describe as one of those students as well. I guess I could say that I've gotten a better character out of my college experience. I've learned to love school, make good grades and make my dad proud. I've learned to be honest, since Longwood takes the honor code very seriously. I've learned to make new friends and to be yourself. Attending Longwood is valuable to me because I feel like the community has taken me in with open arms and I feel at home here. I love Longwood and am so glad I chose to come here.

Just that it is a super small town, so sometimes weekends can be really boring. A lot of people go out and party, but that's not really for me. So I would like more variety of things to do on weekends. For example, Oktoberfest was so much fun and that was a great weekend. Also, I did club field hockey, but now that the season is over, weekends are just filled with watching movies and facebook.

I would just say somebody who doesn't want to go to school and learn. Longwood accepts all kinds of people, but we should not have negative students coming to our school. The environment here at Longwood now is great!

Amber

Longwood was my first choice and I love it there. It is the best place for me to be. Everyone is so welcoming and friendly. If your looking to go into education then it is the best place for you as it is for me. The teachers have experince in the field they are teaching so they can relate what they are teaching back to real life experinces. Longwood is the best school in Virginia in my opinion.

A person who is fun loving and hard worker. Longwood is alot of fun but the school work is intense so if your not apt to work hard then don't bother attending.

Someone who is lazy and not willing to put out the effort needed in the classroom everyday.

LeAnn

In the two years I have spent at Ocean County College I have received a variety of opportunities. I've made new friends, but more importantly, learned what it means to be a college student. In high school I never truly felt as if I assimilated with other students, but I found out fitting in to a social group isn't everything. Although fitting in isn't everything, Ocean County College subjected me to a variety of other students who can be very accepting. It's given me a chance to excel academically and has given me an opportunity to help others. I have worked at the math tutoring center for three semesters at the college, and it was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. Being influenced by so many students at the same time has made me realize that everyone is different, and they have helped me realize my true potential: I can be a great student, but at the same time, a caring, responsible, and influential individual who's not afraid to take on any challege.

Jordan

I have gotten so much out of my college experience, so much more than just a bachelor's degree. Longwood was a perfect fit for me. Not only is the campus easy to navigate but everyone is friendly and helpful. I was a transfer student and was worried I would feel like an outsider but that was not the case. Students in the Psychology department were so nice and welcoming it was impossible not to make life long friends. The professors were always available for help after class and I was able to obtain a 4.0 gpa by taking advantage of all the opportunites and after class help they offered. They have been the guiding force in myself striving for a Graduate degree, which I have just been accepted to. Longwood has helped me grow up and become the person I always wanted to be. Not only did I get an amazing job in this economy but now it has helped me get accepted in graduate school. I have made amazing friends and lifelong bonds with my professors, and even met by fiance on campus.

Sororities are a big deal here, but I never had a problem with making friends or in classes having never joined a sorority. Everyone is very helpful, though, at times can be very cliquey. The campus is beautiful and the students care about the campus and upholding is beauty. There is a no smoking policy on campus which I believe really cut down on litter. Longwood is mainly female in population though, more and more males are enrolling.

Every can succeed at this school, even the partiers. I wouldn't attend Longwood if you don't like the country or a small community feel.

Katherine

I have grown so much. I am more confident, independent, and daring. People can't believe I'm this different, in a good way.

The size--it's not too big or too small. I can be independent but don't mind asking for help.

Anyone who likes big cities or gets bored easily. There isn't a lot to do, unless you know where to look or who to go with, and even then sometimes there isn't much, unless you go to Richmond or Lynchburg.

doug

I was called by God to be a childrens missionary when i went to school i didn't know what to expect. I worked really hard and graduated doing good. It helped me to grow in my faith and made me a better person. I did struggle with my teaching i do need to go to bible college to learn Gods word so i can do as God has called me to do. The children need me its either i have to do it or you can someone needs to be there for Gods little ones. God has called me to reach his little ones because no else can. You can play a small part in by blessing me watch and see if God doesn't bless you back do you believe i do. Go ahead and see what happens. I would like to thank you on be half of Gods little ones and also i would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. My hope is that God would bless you and your family this new year. Just believe. Delaware Doug.

Kelly

Longwood University is best known as the college that used to be a private, all female school until the 1970s. It is also known as the best school for students who would like to become teachers. As a credited college in Virginia, 1/3 or 1/4 of all students go on to become teachers. Longwood is a great school especially known for their accredited Education/Liberal Studies departments.

In my experience at college, I have learned a lot in a short amount of time. First and foremost, I have learned how to be on my own and take more responsibilty for everything that I do and everything that I need to do. I have also learned how to better manage my time and how to minimize my stress level. I have learned the true value of what it will take to fulfill my dream of becoming a teacher. Longwood has already started to prepare me for what I will face in the world of teaching and how to handle situations. I have already learned so much about goal of becoming a teacher, and I still have 3 years left at Longwood! Longwood is really helping to prepare me to become the best teacher I can be.

The worst thing about Longwood University would have to be their parking policy. Freshmen are not allowed to drive unless under special circumstances. However, once a student is eligible to park on campus, there are lack of parking places for paying students to park. Also, there are no spaces for visitors to park on campus. Longwood is also inconsistant with it's parking policies of where visitors can and cannot park. For instance, a visitor can park in one spot one day and the next day get a ticket in the same spot, it all depends on whose working.

Longwood University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.