Macon, GA
Macon State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Macon State College

Kellie

My overall rating of Macon State College and campus is very good. Macon State College has been a two-year college for several years; in recent years Macon State College transitioned to a four-year program in 2013 and is now Middle Georgia State University. This is a good thing for transient students and those students who would otherwise have to go to another school to pursue a bachelor’s degree. Middle Georgia State University offers master's, bachelor's and associate degrees, as well as some certificates, to students on five campuses in Middle Georgia, and online. More housing has been constructed for students. Now, there is adequate housing for students; there are a number of support activities to help students succeed in college; there are tutors available for the students; there are various workshops and seminars available to help students in their majors; there are intellectual organizations that help students in their program of study. There is adequate parking on campus for students. There is also adequate handicapped parking for students, educators and visitors. There are five campuses for taking available classes within your degree program. This makes the commute and degree completion more available for non-traditional students and off-campus students. The online resources for financial aid, admissions, class registration, and online classes are very user friendly. If a student should have a problem with using the online portals, a phone call to the school is answered quickly and efficiently to assist the student. Middle Georgia State University also offers scholarships to assist students and potential students financial support to help fund their education.

Allyson

It’s a great school. My only complaint is the cost but from what I hear it’s comparable to everywhere. I feel secure my education will excel from being a part of MGSU. The classes are tough but it’s not too hard to maintain a 3.7 gpa as I have. It’s a great school for nontraditional students especially.

Shanquel

It is easy to find your way around the campus and people are friendly. The college name changed from Macon State University to Middle Georgia State University. In 2012, the Board of Regents voted to consolidate Macon State College and Middle Georgia College which incorporated all facilities and all five campuses of the two previous institutions. Athletic programs previously established in Cochran remained located there. Students at the new institution chose new colors purple, gray/silver and black and a new mascot The Knight. It went from a two year institution to a four year institution. It has housing for the students to live in that is gated

Rebecca
MGSU Student Review

It's a very small institution, with an older student body.

MGSU Student Review

It's a very small institution, with an older student body.

Juwan

Nursing program is what the school is most known for. It's very competitive and the student's enjoy it. Also we have a great public service program which i am currently enrolled in . The public service programs provides students with opportunities to do internships and learn about profit as wel as known profit organizations.

I would focus more on academics and extracurricular activities. I would also focus more on doing volunteer work and keep myself occupied. I would also have tried to get a job to have valuable experience on my resume.

TRIQWESA

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not get pregnant! I was unable to go to college because I was pregnant at 17 with twins. Unfortunately, they were stillborn. I walked across the stage with many honorary cords around my neck, yet I was 5 months pregnant. When the opportunity was presented to me to go to college after the death of my twins, I was too afraid to go. I would tell myself, be brave and don't allow fear to hinder your future. As an adult, I am enrolled in college while taking care of my two children doing what I should have done at 18. Sometimes we have to take a longer journey, but that makes the victory of success even sweeter.

I consider the location and tuition the best because it is close to my family and friends and it is very low cost

Tuition is very low cost and there is always something to do at this school.

Rashid

I wouldn't so much give advice as just a general statement. "I did the best I could to get into school. Hopefully I won't have to drop out soon due to lack of funds. I'm sorry."

Some one looking for a local college that doesnt have the opportunity to travel accross the state or country to go to school.

hiroki

Wide diversity of people from age to ethnicity.

Wide diversity of people from age to ethnicity.

I suggest to make sure everything is understood about colleges, from transfering to attending. I also suggest looking for scholarships for the slightest chance that a college is looked at.

Anyone who is short for cash, wants a smooth easy transition from high school to college, wants to take two years and then transfer to a bigger university.

Alexis

I would definitely tell myself to try harder. If I would have done better in high school, I wouldn't have been forced to stay at a community college to raise my GPA so I could actually go to the univesity I want to go to. I had to stay home for two years, raising my GPA, so I could actually get accepted into a better University. The thing about high school too is that it really is so easy compared to college. If I put the ammount of work (even a little less) that I do into college, I would have no doubt been a straight A student in high school. I would tell my old self to appreciate all the study guides and help/concern from my high school teachers because in college, you're not always going to get that. Most importantly, learn study skills and time management in high school so that college isn't so tough. A simple statement to my high school self? Care a little more, Alexis!

Someone who is looking for a smaller college, but the creditionals are still worth something.

Kara

Many people know Macon State College as a school you attend for two years and then transfer to a university. Now that they have merged with Middle Georgia College, it has become an university. It has grown into a bigger and better university. In reality, it is a great school filled with great professors whos goal is to help you learn and obtain a degree. It is also known for its tough and challenging but great nursing program. A nursing degree from Macon State College makes a statement. I am proud to be a student of Macon State College.

What is unique about Macon State College is that has five campuses. This provides students all over Georgia and around the country a variety of options of where they would like to live and attend. Each campus has a variety of facilieties that are beautiful and allow the students to feel at home. Macon State is place that feels like home.

All I can remember is that I could not wait for my senior year. Now, I look back and think where has the time gone. It feels like yesterday I was beginning my first day of high school. If I could go back in time though, I would only change a few events. Instead of taking an AP Math class, I would have Duel Enrolled at Macon State College in math and in literature. This way I would have been guarantied college credit as long as I passed the class instead of taking the bigger risk of taking an AP course. Also, instead of waiting until my senior year, I would have taken the SAT and the ACT twice my junior year and then completed it two more times in my senioir year. I also would tell myself to stay focused and committed; do not get distracted. Also, stay focused on applying for as many scholarships as possible. After all that, I would tell myself to have fun and enjoy my senior year, because you are only a senior once.

Macon State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.