Milwaukee, WI
Marquette University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marquette University

Max

Although my classmates differ depending on the classes I take, I would generally say that they are hardworking students who are able to balance their education with extracurricular activities and a healthy social life.

Although the worst aspect of Marquette depends upon each individual student, I believe that Marquette's worst quality is the lack of diversity within the engineering department. Not only is chemical engineering -- one of engineering's four main branches -- completely nonexistant, but Marquette does not have many of the subfields within mechanical, civil, and electrical engineering either. With such an underdeveloped college, there is very little choice for students to specialize in once they approach their junior and senior years. They must choose from the few options available rather than pursuing what they truly want to study.

Given the chance to advise my high school senior self about college, I would touch upon the three aspects of college that provided a plethora of learning experiences: academics, participation, and communication. I would urge my senior self to take more advanced placement classes in order to potentially obtain a greater number of credits that could be applied to pass out of general classes. Moreover, enrolling in advanced classes at an earlier stage would provide a better picture of the field I chose to enter and allow for flexibility in case changes were to occur. Next, I would advise my senior self to participate in extracurricular activities. College is the time to find out who you are and spending every hour studying will not aid in a full development of the self. However, being a member of a club or leader of an organization will help accelerate this gradual process. Finally, I would advise myself to develop the ability to effectively communicate with others, particularly with faculty members. Faculty members know of many opportunities that can advance a student's college education and building a strong relationship with many teachers allows for these opportunities to be taken advantage of.

Kathleen

Although Marquette is known to most of the Midwest for many of its post-professional tracks, such as Physical Therapy, Dentistry, Physician Assistant, and Law School. This programs are all extrememely competitive to get in to, and people work very hard as undergraduates to apply. Before attending Marquette, I knew about the strong Health Sciences College, this is why I wanted to apply to that college. Since entering the College of Health Sciences, I have seen the competition and academic rigor to remain in the college and gain entry into a post-professional program.

I would tell myself to relax and have fun. Since I am a senior now, and entering graduate school next fall, I have done a lot of reflecting on my college career at Marquette University. My only regret is my freshman year. I spent too many hours in the library studying in order to get perfect grades. I sacrificed going to fun activites with friends in order to stay at the library until close every Friday night. Although my grades are still supremely important to me, I have been able to find a balance. I have learned that I actually do better in school when I have other activities with friends planned because it is my time to relax. I have enjoyed studying more when I take short breaks to socialize with friends before getting back to the library. Therefore, when my brother entered college this past fall, I made sure to give him this advice. He is a lot like me, and I did not want him to become burnt out my the over-studying. Therefore, if I could go back to school, I would make sure to relax and have more fun with friends.

I wish I had known that grades aren't everything. In high school, every grade you received mattered because I was trying to get into good schools. However, I took that same mentality with me to college. I thought that I needed to receieve a 100% on every assignment and test. My freshman year, I sacrificed too much social time to stay in the library and study. Since then, I have learned that there is a way for me to put my academics first and still receive good grades as well as find time to relax and socialize with friends.

Tishyra

A school shaping, preparing and unifying the students for a future of being the difference.

Marquette is best known for the four pillars: Faith, Leadership, Service and Excellence. These four pillars represent Marquette's overall motto, "Be the Difference." There are classes and seminars devoted directly to this motto. For instance, feshman honors students were presented with the option to take the seminar "How to Change the World." The school has an easy access to practice faith, plenty of opportunities for students to improve leadership skills, and many service oppurtinities through clubs and classes. Overall, the school offers student the ability to achieve excellence. faith, leadership, service and excellence are key to being the difference.

Sometimes, it is okay to have some fun. School is not all about studying and getting good grades. Yes, those things are important. However, life is important as well. Expand education beyond the books. Do not only learn about the world around you, but experience it. It is tiring spending so much time excelling in the classroom. Moreover, it causes one to miss out on the experiences life has to offer. The transition time from a teenager into a young adult is the prime time to make mistakes. The only way to do so is by allowing yourself to spend time living life outside of the classroom. Having occasional breaks is acceptable. Use those breaks to experience life, make mistakes and learn from them. In college, students should be prepared to make some of the right decisions and apply things learned from textbooks to the real world. By not allowing yourself to live life outside of your textbook, you are missing out on vital experience that will be hard to catch up with in college. All in all, have fun! Do not completely forget about the importance of your studies, but remember to set time aside for some fun.

Jacob

While Marquette University has limo services, Twitter notificiations, walking escorts, blue lights and many other ways of helping to keep the student body safe, there is criminal activity in the area. We need to find a joint resolve between Marquette University, the students and the community to eradicate this.

To My High School Senior Self, The minute your parents walk out of your dorm room, you will find yourself with a freedom you've never had. You will be able to go and do what you want when you want. You don't need to check in with anyone but yourself. With this freedom will come choices including, "Do I study or do I hang with my friends?" You will also have tougher choices such as, "Do I drink and pass out, do I just try it or do I skip it altogether?" I'm not going to give you the answer to these questions because you need to experience college and determine who you want to be. However, I encourage you to check in with yourself, respect who you are and stay focused on your goals. You have been given an amazing opportunity. Be sure you capitalize on it. Love, Your College Freshman Self

Marquette University is an amazing school that has attracted many talented and intelligent individuals. There is support at every turn and at this point in my college career, I don't have frustrations.

Andrew

A place that embodies faith, service, and excellence.

A place that embodies faith, service, and excellence.

Everyone tells you that college is the biggest transition that one can make during their lifetime and I couldnt agree more. You move out of the house and have to become largely self dependant. The most important peice of advice that I could giove my high school self would be to go out of your comfort zone and dont sweat the small stuff. You are bound to make some mistakes as everyone does in this time of change. It doesnt matter how hard you fall, but how hard yo[u get back up and keep on fighting. Stepping out of your comfort zone and trying new things is so important because of how these experiences shape you as a person. College can be viewed largely as a fresh start and a clean slate, so dont be afraid to make a change.

Marquette University is the home to a student that wants to broaden their horizons and recieve a top shelf education. Students that attend Marquette University are some of the best in the world and really care for others and take learning to a whole new level.

Marquette University is a diverse school that is dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and upholding the Jesuit tradition.

Attending Marquette University and being a part of the engineering program has been the most intellectually challenging thing I have ever done. Instead of discouraging anyone from attending Marquette, my advice would be to make sure you are prepared for the rigors of college. It is my personal belief that anyone can accomplish anything they set their mind to.

After experiencing two years of college, I have a lot of advice I wish I could go back and tell my high school self. Throughout high school, I was continuesly mocked and ridiculed for putting so much effort into my school work. I have always put one hundred percent of my effort into my school work and my extra curriculars and often people looked down upon me for this and called me a "try hard". I wish I could go back and tell my high school self that all my hard work would pay off in the end. Because I worked hard in high school, I cultivated good study habits at a young age, learned dedication, and perserverance. All of these skills have helped me succeed in my degree and in college. I wish I could go back and tell my high school self to ignore what everyone says and keep being myself. In the end, this has paid off for me in more ways than one.

Lillian

My classmates are welcoming to all and determined to succeed.

My classmates are welcoming to all and determined to succeed.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there is a lot I would say. I would first off tell myself to get involved as much as you can in college. Joining the TV station staff at Marquette was one of the best decisions I have made. I have already made life long friends by being on staff and have learned so much about myself from it. I would tell myself secondly to be yourself. Freshman year I held back and was so quiet around all the new people I met. This year I have been so much more confident with myself and it has really helped me branch out and try new things. I would lastly give the advice live it up. Don't let the time pass you. Enjoy the time you have with your friends, in your classes, and on campus because these years will fly past you so fast.

One thing I love about this school is that there are so many different kinds of people there. I honestly think Marquette could be a good fit for anyone. Marquette is academically challenging, so I would have to say you need to be ready to work hard and care about your academics. Other than that, Marquette has a place for everyone!

kathryn

Very school focused and ready for taking school seriously.

Very school focused and ready for taking school seriously.

I would tell myself to grow up, open my eyes and stop stressing out. I was a lot more mature then a lot of my friends but it's incredible the amount of things i know now for just opening my eyes a little more and trying to enjoy life as well as knowing which direction I'm taking without knowing where it will lead me. in high school I was so concered with what the path ends up and I tried to control it when in reality while time goes by anything any alter the end result in your path.

Hey high school senior! College is going to be where you will truly find yourself, and you might think things are hard now, but it will get much harder so keep working hard because I know you're capable of great things! You are going to meet so many friends, especially Asian friends which isn't something that you had in high school. You will connect with so many people in college, so don't be afraid to reach out to others because they will end up being your best friends. Marquette is the right choice for you, so have no doubts in anything you do because you fit in and succeeed! Congrats on making it to senior year and We Are Marquette!

Someone who is not willing to put in the effor for their classes because college is very demanding, and Marquette's classes can be difficult if you aren't will to work hard. Also someone who is not willing to make many friends because everyone is very friendly and outgoing here.

Anyone who wants professors to care about you or anyone who is willing to try new things. There are so many clubs and organizations to try that there is something for anyone who is willing to try it.

Kaitlin

Marquette University is an outstanding school `with excellent programs and professors for every major and limitless resources to help students gain experience and opportunities for their major.

Marquette University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.