Milwaukee, WI
Marquette University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marquette University

Hey high school senior! College is going to be where you will truly find yourself, and you might think things are hard now, but it will get much harder so keep working hard because I know you're capable of great things! You are going to meet so many friends, especially Asian friends which isn't something that you had in high school. You will connect with so many people in college, so don't be afraid to reach out to others because they will end up being your best friends. Marquette is the right choice for you, so have no doubts in anything you do because you fit in and succeeed! Congrats on making it to senior year and We Are Marquette!

Someone who is not willing to put in the effor for their classes because college is very demanding, and Marquette's classes can be difficult if you aren't will to work hard. Also someone who is not willing to make many friends because everyone is very friendly and outgoing here.

Anyone who wants professors to care about you or anyone who is willing to try new things. There are so many clubs and organizations to try that there is something for anyone who is willing to try it.

Kaitlin

Marquette University is an outstanding school `with excellent programs and professors for every major and limitless resources to help students gain experience and opportunities for their major.

Markie

Marquette seeks to embody service, faith, leadership, and excellence in all areas.

Marquette is a Jesuit University, meaning it is liberal Catholic and service focused. We are locted in one of the poorest areas in Milwaukee , and all students are dedicated to helping the homeless and those in need in the community. We do not only seek to make changes on campus, but also in the Milwaukee community. This is because Milwaukee happens to be one of the most segregated, poorest, and highest in child trafficking cities in the United States. Marquette seeks to make a change in regards to these issues.

Jenna

Marquette University is a beautiful school filled with passionate professors, long standing jesuit tradition and students looking to make a positive difference through service, leadership, and excellence.

I wish I had known just how many resources Marquette offers its students in order to put them in the best position ti succeed. Between career counseling, campus ministry, and truly caring staff, I feel continually supported in all of my endeavors. If I had understood this in high school, choosing Marquette University would have been a no brainer!

In high school I was set on finding the perfect school for me. I put in weeks of research and looked into every aspect of college life I could think. In retrospect, I realize the copius amounts of research didn't help very much. I would have told my old self to do what feels right. In the end you choose the college that feels the best and the most comfortable. It seems silly to choose a college by an intuition, but at the end of the day that is what matters most. This is your home for the next for years and if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, you will most likely continue to the remainder of your time there. It's a big decision so use your head, but don't forget your heart.

kati

I would tell myself that it is OK if you don't know what to do. Just becuase you are unsure of what is going to happen doesn't mean you should be scared. Sometimes school and life will get really hard, but it is definitely worth it. You are going to make some amazing friends that are going to make it worth it. They will be your family, and Marquette will be your second home. Your home away from home. It will be cold, and there will be days that you wont even want to leave your bed let alone the buidling to go to class, but the classes are great and the professors are even better. You will meet some amazing and extremely intelligent people there, and it is definitely the right choice. Don't be scared becuase it will all turn out right.

A person who does not want to be active and invovled in their community.

Kelsiee

Before I came to Marquette, I wish that I would have known how to put myself out there. I wish that I would have possessed the confidence that is needed to jump out of my comfort zone and start new things. A huge part of college is being involved with activities and people that make you happy, and I wish that even in my first semester of school, I would have had the necessary confidence to do those things. As I approach semester two, I have become better at knowing who I am and what I want in life.

When I tell my friends about my school, I brag most about the strong community. There is a place for everyone at Marquette, and the school reminds each student of that each and every day. There are so many different walks of life represented at Marquette, and it builds an extremely tight community, despite any differences. My campus is genuienly a happy campus and always has a strong sense of support and community. Whether it be through the clubs, classes, or sports, Marquette offers a place for everyon to fit in and find their own, unique community.

Dear High School Kelsiee, As you head off to college, know that everyone is scared, anxious, unfamiliar, and unsure. It is ok to be these things; it is normal. Make sure to put yourself out there, and not to worry about being embarrassed or rejected. There is no worse feeling than regret. These next four years are some of the most important of your life, and you will truly find out who you are as a person, so make sure to always be yourself. When you start to do things that don't make you happy in order to make others happy, take a step back and reflect on yourself. Grab ahold of every opportunity that comes your way, and apply yourself to everything you do. Weed out the people in your life that aren't benefitting you any, because they are ultimately holding you back. Pamper yourself, and celebrate every accomplishment, no matter how small it may be. Most importantly, be yourself and do what makes you happy! It is going to be tough, and you will feel scared, sad, and uncomfortable at times, but there will also be times of great joy, celebration, and happiness.

Wyatt

Academics and basketball.

Academics and basketball.

Knowing what I know about college life and the college transition, the first piece of advice I would give myself is to have more than a general outline of what I want to accomplish at college prepared. To elaborate, I would tell myself to familiarize myself with the general course outline and major requirements for the majors that I am interested in instead of just knowing the majors that I am interested in alone. This would allow me to have less stress over worrying about what courses will count towards certain majors, and make the period of time in which I am not fully decided on a particular major less stressful. I would not go as far as telling myself to have a specific major in mind though unless I am 100% passionate about it because a large portion of college students change their major at least once, so I fell it is better to familiarize yourself with several prospective majors that you are interested in, allowing for and easier time picking classes that will work for all of the prospective majors instead of just a few of them.

Abigail

Through opportuntities to serve, socialize, and participate in varsity athletics, Marquette Unversity has welcomed me with open arms and it has become my home - WE ARE MARQUETTE!

The only issue I have ever had with Marquette is the tendency of students to separate themselves from the Milwaukee community that surronds them - a community suffering from poverty that could benefit from the help and kindness of students who have so much more than they do.

Life is about learning and growing and listening, it is about being inspired and inspiring others. Life is about laughing and sharing and loving, it is about giving hugs and getting hugs. Life is about taking chances and making wishes, it is about dreaming and making dreams come true. Life is about what you do with the time you have.

Jasmine

It is best known for its high amount of school spirit and for its involvement with the community around it.

Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to relax and that my decision for a major will come in time. There is enough to worry about for you in freshman year, like the change to living away from home and meeting new people, as well as adjusting to new classes, it will be okay. You will definitely make friends but you have to try. You have to make the effort to talk to other people, those in your dorm and in class. Everyone is just as nervous in the beginning as you are, just work through your fear and talk to others. Do not be afraid to spend time with the friends you make, they really do like you and want to get to know you. As for classes, try to participate at least once each class. That way you will get participation points and your professor will notice you and the effort you are making in their class. Do not procrastinate on your homework. Even if you work on a little bit at a time, especially for papers or projects, it will be much less stressful. Everything will be fine, just believe in yourself and your abilities.

I wish I would have been sure of the major I was going to go into before coming to Marquette. This is more of a personal wish than a reflection of the school, since I would not have been so stressed about it during my freshman year.

Christian

My classmates are, for the most part, intelligent and motivated students that are a pleasure to learn with.

The worst thing about Marquette University is the safety concerns on and around campus. Being in an urban area, there is more crime and students are often notified of robberies that occur on and off campus. It is a little bit discomforting, especially because I will be living in an off campus house next year. We have our own Department of Public Safety that patrols campus, but the problem continues.

If I was a senior in high school all over again, I would tell myself to both apply to and visit more schools. I would give myself this advice because it would give me more options when taking my finances into consideration, such as the debt I would obtain from student loans. I applied to several "reach" schools, those that would be very difficult to get into, and a few schools that I knew I could get into. Marquette University was my top choice because it is a strong school in many areas, and I was not yet sure what I wanted to study. I also wanted to attend Marquette because it gave me the opportunity to continue my cross country and track career while granting me a small athletic scholarship. However, if I had applied to a few more schools, perhaps I could have found one that is of similar quality to Marquette but one that I would graduate from with less debt.

Marquette University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.