Milwaukee, WI
Marquette University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marquette University

Maggie

Marquette is a community. And I am not using that term lightly. Walking down Wisconsin Avenue, the heart of Milwaukee, students smile at each other, hold the door open for one another, and say "excuse me", "please", and "thank you" while completing every day campus activities. These things may all seem trivial and like they are just basic manners, but they are not. I noticed that at other schools there is not the genuine care for the other people around you that there is at Marquette. Marquette is genuine, which is hard to find in this superficial world.

Trust your gut. In your heart of hearts, you know where you belong. Stay true to your values, and know who you are; but also realize that there is so much diversity in the world and experiencing it is a part of life. You will be amazed at the opportunities and difficulties that will present themselves to you, tackle all of them as a chance to grow. Keep an open mind and a smile on your face: this is one of the only times you can completely recreate yourself. Expand your horizons in your academic, extracurricular, and social interests. Keep making new friends, but also form meaningful relationships. A whirlwind of emotions will surround you. It will be a strange feeling, but a good one. Enjoy yourself and take in each moment, you won't have anymore quite like these first weeks of freshmen year.

The type of person who wants to grow in every aspect of their life. You should come to Marquette if you want to be challenged to think outside of the box in the classroom, apply that thought to the world around you, and be the difference in every way you can; whether it be smiling at a stranger, holding the door open, doing community service, or starting new organizations and clubs. At Marquette, you should want to be involved, and jump in all of the amazing opportunities they offer. Marquette students are "go-getters" in every aspect.

Jodie

I do not appreciate the weekend alcohol, binge-drinking culture. I am happy to be living off-campus at this time for this reason. I have seen a lot of classmates taking big risks with their well-being.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would offer two pieces of advise. First, take time to savor the college experience and challenge yourself to try new things from the very start. It took me a few years to come to the realization that I may never again have the opportunity to engage in so many different activities or cultural experiences. I made a New Year's Resolution to do or try one new thing each month and that was an incredibly rewarding experience! Not only did it open me up to new perspectives and ways to have fun, but I also made connections with people I otherwise would not have. I made the same resolution this year because it was such a rich experience. The second piece of advise I would give is to honor yourself. While coming from high school, you are still exploring and figuring out your identity, there are things you do know. Honoring yourself means being committed to your self-identified values and treating yourself with the utmost respect in all aspects of your life.

The best thing about Marquette University is the faculty. Almost all of my experience with faculty members has been positive. The professors I have had the chance to work with have been extremely supportive and go out of their way to be available, working around my schedule to meet if necessary. Even though I may not be in their classes, they will still check in with me via email. The faculty really does care for their students.

Small campus with a small student population but it is big when it comes to working together and caring about each other, the community and the environment.

Classmates are reserved, studious, busy, smart but they are also very friendly and willing to study and work together for class.

Erin

My classmates are helpful, understanding, and intelligent; they want me to succeed as much as i do.

I would tell my high school self to relax. I was so concerned with getting into college, that i ignored all of the hard work i had done for the past four years, and didn't give myself enough credit. I also doubted my decision making when it came to choosing a university. I know now that things almost always work out the way that they should, and i should have trusted my gut when i felt that i found the right place for me. College can be daunting, and the transition certainly isn't an easy one. But when you find the right university, you also find the right network of individuals who are willing to help you attain your goals and make the transtion as painless and successful as possible. College isn't easy, but it's the one time in your life that you have to find who you are and figure out where it is that you're meant to be, and what you're meant to be doing.

The only type of person that should not attend Marquette, is someone who is unwilling to work hard. Yes, Marquette is academically rigorous, but i believe any one who wants to succeed, and is willing to try their best, is a good fit for this university.

Kelli

Marquette students are somewhat diverse primarly Midwesterns, many from Chicago area who are serious students with a strong desire to successed at school and in their careers.

I wish I would of known more about the campus dorms and I would of made a better decision on where to live my freshman year.

Advice to myself as a high school senior. Tour all the dorms and see which rooms are the biggest. I made the mistake of making the party dorm my first choice and I think it took me longer to meet people because I was not that big of a partyer. I would tell myself to make time to go home at least once per semester. I am going to school out of state and between school and traveling with the team the spring semester can be a long time without going home.

Diego

I actually was thinking about going out of state first to Syracuse in New York. But then I realized why would I want to go out of state when I have such an incredible school right here in my own city. I felt that I fit right in when I took a tour of the university. I like it that it's not an isolated university. You get the whole university experience, along with the big city experience. And just the fact that it's here in my home city makes it a lot better.

I would tell myself to prioritize myself. I have learned that your true friends are the ones who want you to succeed just as bad as you want yourself to succeed, so they should understand when you have to pass up on hanging out with them for studying for that test you have at the end of the week. Prioritizing yourself is such an important aspect when it comes to college. You have so much time to hang out with your friends, but you have a limited amount of time to make sure you do what you have to do in college. The only person who will experience first-hand the outcomes of your decisions is you, so you have to be sure that you are happy with the choices that you make. So if your friends cannot understand that you have to put your own work before anything else, then maybe it's time to reevaluate your friendship with them. After putting forth all that effort throughout middle school and high school, why throw it all away while you're in college.

A person who is not determined to succeed in their life at whatever it is they aspire to do should not come to Marquette University. Marquette, being a well respected university, offers numerous opportunities to its graduates. People who are looking to hire graduate students to work for them would be impressed when they see that someone received a degree from Marquette University. So someone who wouldn't capitalize on that type of opportunity should not come to Marquette, because there are thousands of other students who would be more than happy to receive that opportunity.

Hard- workers, engaged in class and willing to participate.

Hard- workers, engaged in class and willing to participate.

I would tell myself to relax. To live up every moment because college is going to go by a lot faster than you think. Study hard. Be smart...you only live once so don't waste it by doing something stupid. Believe in yourself...if you want something you can do it and you will....never doubt yourself. Put yourself out there and follow your heart. Remember the people who got you where you are today. They are the same people that will be there for you in three years. Enjoy every day, every hour, every second. Even when you are exhausted and tired from studying for so many hours. Believe it or not...these are going to be the best days of your life.

School rooted in leadership and service, your classes even refelct these ideals.

Tomas

First, I would tell myself to get to know my teachers right away. It took me untill second semester to understand the importance of doing this. As far as transitioning, I would tell myself to start writing in my planner more often (something I never did in high school) because its impossible to rememeber the workload from all of your classes. Additionally, I would tell myself to try to be more social during the first couple of weeks, I definitely struggled with making friends. Lastly, I would remind myself to enjoy every minute of the experience because it really does fly by. These last few months have flew by and at times I catch myself wanting summer, however, this is suppose to be the best four years of my life. Although I have only been in school for a semester, I can already tell these four years will be gone before a blink of an eye. So most importantly I would tell myself live in the moment, make mistakes, but most importantly have fun.

Make sure to build up your study skills and understand that teachers are a great resource. Dont fall too behind on work and dont be afraid to ask questions during lecture. Get to know your teachers on a personal basis and visit them during office hours, that what theyre there for.

Erin

Before I came to this school, I wish I knew not only how challenging, but also how amazing transferring to a four year university would be. After attending community college for two years, I was ready to move on. However, transferring is a difficult task socially, academically, and financially. However, I do not regret any of it; I am very happy where I am today. I wish that I was able to tell myself how fortunate and lucky I was going to be after settling in to a new city and school.

The best thing about Marquette University is the opportunity to become involved with service and volunteering. Just last Sunday, I, along with many other volunteers, helped Catholic Relief Services package over 25,000 meals to be sent to Africa in the next few months. There is no other school with this type of integrity and passion for helping not just those in our surrounding community, but also those all over the world. One day I hope to help millions of people at a large scale; Marquette is the perfect place to jump start my dream.

Marquette University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.