Brockton, MA
Massasoit Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Massasoit Community College

Anisha

Don't let this place be your one stop shop for an education. Trust me you'll need more.

Chanelle

If I could go back in time, I would have talked myself into staying in school. I was going through a lot my senior year in high school. My older brother, who was taking care of me at the time, had been incarcerated. As he was my sole provider, I had to get two jobs to pay bills because I was too stubborn to move back in with my father. I also let a scholarship go that I had won for my excellent scores on our state MCAS test. I feel that the decisions that I made at that time were very poor. I let my pride get in the way of my education. Had I been more humble and smarter about the situation, I would already have recieved me associate's degree and been working towards my bachelors. In essence, I have learned from my mistakes and I know now that my education is one of the most important things that I could possibly possess. Even greater than my pride.

I tell them that the cost is really affordable. They have very high school costs because they choose to go to expensive universities with an undecided major. Whereas at my community college you could take the same classes at a more affordable rate. That is until they decided what they want to major in. Then they could transfer to recieve a higher education.

I have never really been frustrated at my school. This is my first semester here and there seems to be an increase in the number of students that has decided to attend this year. I guess you can say what frustrates me is when kids come to school and don't take it seriously. I value my education, and would not want my valuable time to be wasted by kids who do not like to show up to class.

Jerek

Massasoit community college is a well-rounded, academically solid instiuition.

Massasoit community college is a well-rounded, academically solid instiuition.

The advice I would give myself if I could go back as a senior in high school about college life and the transition is to make the initiative in High school to participate in extracurricular activities, it broadens the chances to more scholarships. Another suggestion is much as possible research idealistic careers that fit your personality and, life preferences. It is sometimes a strenuous and difficult decision to make dealing with your future life in such a short amount of time, but it is possible. As far as choosing schools have a few options open do not pick the first one you see; research and visit the schools. Also get the answers to questions you may have; if the schools offer the major you want to pursue; how far the school is; the costs; and talk to a student attending and see how their experience is going? College can be a demanding climb but in the end the view at the top is great. If you want something in life go after it.

What I consider the best thing about my school is opportunity. Massasoit community college offers students of all ages the chance to endeavor success. As an institution it is a manageable way to broaden opportunities to allow or guide students in the right direction towards a better future.

catherine

Massasoit Community College, a hidden gem within the large city of Brockton, Massachusetts, is an easily navigated , compact campus of well-marked classroom and lab facilities with high-caliber faculty and knowledgeable and helpful staff, as well as ancillary indoor and outdoor fitness and sports facilities, surrounding its hub of a large and comfortable campus center encompassing academic resources, career enhancement, social and cultural activities, and health services, accessible from early mornings to late evenings; in short, a community offering educational, social, cultural, and physical support for students of all abilities, ages, and interests, in an optimized learning environment.

Your destiny has been a small high school without staff or opportunities for a student like you, one without access or exposure to choices of career and educational opportunities. In your naturally unobtrusive and quiet state , you have not been tugged into the light of opportunities to ponder your strengths, interests, and goals in the framework of your future. Take the ticket of your wonderful high school education and use it for admission to all the local two- and four-year colleges. They will want you, believe me. Beg, borrow, be boisterous in getting to them all. You will be amazed and in awe of what you will find --- adults whose entire focus is to help you figure out what you're good at and what you like and how you can make a great future out of them, financial resources to get you there, and a helping hand with all the details that get you through the doors of the college of your choice. Learn, learn, and learn some more, then walk into your future and see where it takes you. Enjoy every step. It's all about the trip. (Every choice you make will be the right one.)

At Massasoit Community College, I observed a situation which seemed less an isolated incident and more indicative of a pervasive societal problem: immaturity and inappropriate behavior of students undermining the educational process for other students and professors, resulting in frustration, wasted time, and erosion of classroom atmosphere; my wish is that that students of "immature temperament," regardless of age or educational experience, have a requirement, rather than an option, of an Introduction to the College Experience (currently offered, not mandated, at MCC, perhaps needing adjunctive etiquette and courtesy components), though those most in need might be least insightful.

Kherna

First, plan ahead for the financial cost of school as well as other expenses because it will make the transition easier and less stressful. Second, always have a backup plan (whether it's a backup school, major, or financial assistance). Not everything goes according to plan so having a backup plan allows you to not be "up the creek without a paddle." Third, become more involved and well-rounded. Colleges love to see people who are involved whether it is in the community or in sports. So not only does it look good on college applications but it also makes you a better person and opens up other opportunities such as meeting new people. Fourth, be prepared for disappointment. Life is not perfect and you do not always get want you want. Just keep a positive attitude and persevere through the trials because the goal is worth it.

The worst thing about my school is that a lot of the students there are not there for the right reasons. They go to say that they went to college after high school and because it is cheaper than going to a state college. Most of these same students are the ones receiving financial aid for reasons such as being a single teen parent or never having worked before but the same students will skip, withdraw from classes, or just do not care about doing well in the class. Yet I can't get any money for school.

People who just want to go to school for no other reason but to say that they went to college or have nothing better to do should not attend Massasoit or any another school for the matter because it is not fair. Not only would it be a waste of the teachers time, but it would also be a waste of other students time as well as the individual. Students who are serious about school will have a better learning experience without the distractions of apathetic individuals. Plus, it allows more money to be available to others.

Our school is best known for its low cost and easy admission. Even if you did very poorly in high school, you casn go to Massasoit. I think that the low cost is the best part of going to Massasoit Community College.

I would tell myself to be open to meeting new people, because college can get pretty lonely when you sit in your room all the time. Don't drink too much, it never makes for good decisions. Join study groups and clubs, and meet people who care about the same issues you do. Go home to visit, but not too often. Going home is more fun when your family and friends actually get a chance to miss you. Finally, go to class. You will learn a lot more if you go to each class and participate.

I think the most frustrating thing about my school is that there are so many people who act like they don't want to be there. They talk during class and make things difficult for those who actually want to be there. People are always yelling in the cafeteria and library, and also act inappropriately in the quad. It is just like high school.

Massasoit Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.