Allentown, PA
Metro Beauty Academy

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Metro Beauty Academy

NotTelling

I should have known it was too good to be true. It's all about money and brown nosing... if you don't kiss butt you don't get anything. The instructors don't take time to get to know the students because of "boundaries", we're all adults for crying out loud! They never knew any talent we have or what we're really good at because they're too focused on professionalism, which they lack! One instructor in specific was ALWAYS lying, about the smallest things, he'd get our hopes up to then shoot us down. He promised us extracurricular clubs in order to perfect advanced cutting and coloring, this was in January... I've graduated since and have yet to even hear about anything like that going on. Before I started at Metro, I was made believe it was the best cosmetology school in the area, the admission advisor sold me stories about fashion week and studying abroad along with other fun things we would be doing throughout my time at the school. I was so excited to start at this beautiful school and just months after I started to noticed how sneaky and conniving everyone was. The curriculum changes every 2 months so not everyone learns the same things , some lessons are left out and we ended up having to go back to them after we had already finished the class, The dress code changed every 2 months too, and if we saw someone wearing something out of the dress code we were told to not worry about anyone else which is not fair because we were a SCHOOL, and if one rule applies to one student, it should apply to everyone! No headbands, No head wraps, No scarves (unless it's black) it can't even have specks of a different color. It doesn't make sense to go to a beauty school and you aren't allowed to express yourself. The worse part is looking up to someone and them treating you like dirt, which is something you'd have to get used to at Metro, and when you confront them, they act like nothing ever happened. I have so much to say about Metro but I'll cut it short. The only good things that I enjoyed were the friends I made, SOME of the amazing instructors, and what I learned about color.

Penn State is a haven of opportunities to fullfill your wildest dreams and more.

Study hard and have fun! Make connections that will last forever and be supportive, not ones that will hold you back as you move on in life. Be prepared to change. Everything changes when you go to college, but it is all good change! Be excited for the change and welcome it, rather than hide from it. Do not do random roommate. Get involved in as much as possible, and do not be afraid to try new things. Find your passion and have fun on that search! Nothing is as bad as it seems. You can do it!

You need to be prepared to step outside of your comfort zone and not be afraid to meet new people and try new things. I was so caught up in how my high school life was that I didn't let my college life happen. By the end of my first semester, I finally let go and loved my college life! I can't wait to go back in the spring.

• $0

Metro Beauty Academy administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.