Middle Georgia College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Middle Georgia College

Devasha

This school was not ready for University status. The meal plan is a deductive account, which the food isn't good and expensive. The school is very money hungry and nickel and dimes students for everything! I had no intention on transferring but I have had it with this school.

Patrick

Being the freshman that i am, i can say that Middle Georgia College, which is now Middle Georgia State University, is a great college. Since it is a new 4-year college it's rather small and its easy to adjust to. You'll usually find yourself with a one-track schedule and won't have any problems with organization. The cafe serves balanced and healthy meals, and the staff takes sanitation very seriously. It's never hard to figure out where you need to go because all of the academic halls are pretty close to one another.

Danielle

Overall, the teachers are wonderful, but you just do not get the good college experience. The dorms are nice, but the cafeteria food is disgusting. You can tell that the cafeteria workers do not put any effort in. The financial aid office is not much help.

Pros: Really affordable. This is especially true compared to nearby Mercer University and Wesleyan College. Con: If you don’t have a car of reliable transportation, you are going to seriously have a rough time. Sure you can get around campus if you live on campus, but getting around the city on foot is a nightmare and pretty much impossible. There is only one transportation system and it only goes between two of the five campuses. Pro: There are five campuses to choose from (Cochran, Macon, Dublin, Eastman, and Warner Robins). Con: Housing is only available on the Cochran, Macon, and Eastman campuses. Even then, the housing in the Eastman campus is really small. Because of this, most students are commuter students such as me. Pro: Our school offers collegiate baseball (men only), softball (women only), basketball, soccer, tennis, cross country (women only), and volleyball (women only). For those who want to spectate, you have several to choose from. Con: If you want to do colligate sports, you basically have to be on the Cochran campus. This is because the entire collegiate sports stud happens on that campus. You will not see a sports competition or game of any sort that isn’t a club or intramural on any other campus. Pro: If you're interested in a school solely for academics and not very interested in other activities or nightlife, then here is your place. We don’t have Greek life or a large focus on extracurricular activities in general, so it’s perfect for those who just want to go to school, learn, and go on about your day. Con: If you want a school where you can learn and get involved, prepare for a challenge. There are some clubs to join but if you're not on the Macon or Cochran campus, it's going to be hard to get involved. This is because most of that stuff happens on those campuses. Our school does not have a Greek life and just got its first fraternity this fall. The nightlife is nonexistent. The nightlife basically consists of a couple clubs, some bars (of course this won’t be too much for those under 21), and some hookah bars. The middle Georgia area as a whole basically closes after 9pm Pro: Most classes are around a 20-25 to 1 ratio. This is great for those who like more personal interaction with the professor or don't like large classes. Most of the professors of these classes are really nice and understanding. I’m class of 2018 and out of my professors, there was only one who I really didn’t like (the class didn’t either). They make sure you know to come by their office hours if you need extra help and most even offer to meet at other time if their office hours don’t fit with your schedule. Con: This one is the biggest con in my opinion. The campus or campus (es) you choose to have your classes will affect what is available to you. As mentioned before, there are five campuses (Cochran, Macon, Dublin, Eastman, and Warner Robins) and there is a huge difference between the Macon and Cochran campuses and the rest of the campuses. Since Cochran and Macon, are considered the main campuses, they have more classes and amenities available. The gyms on the Warner Robins, Eastman and Dublin campuses are honestly a joke. You can’t even have ten people in the Warner Robins gym at once. But the Macon and Cochran gyms are amazing, offering basically anything you could imagine in a gym. The Macon and Cochran campus recreation area is much better as well. The amount of classes offered is definitely unbalanced between the campuses. If you need to take a science class that’s not basic biology, you’re going to have to make a way to either the Cochran or Macon campus. That’s very problematic seeing as how you can’t graduate without taking some sort of science class.

Alec

Middle Georgia State University is the cheapest college to go to. (And of course, I mean that in a good way) With college being expensive and student loans being a huge problem for most, Middle Georgia offers an opportunity to not collect a lot or any student debt.

Middle Georgia College has great potential. However the professors do not seem to want to push students academically. The campus has many opportunities to join in with other students, but the school lacks the ability to inform students of these invents. I am not a fan of Middle Georgia College. The school has the opportunity to be great. The professors not only have a bad attitude about their jobs, but they often are hard to get in touch with as well as vague when giving direction.

DeSeana

Middle Georgia State University is an overall good school. But, if you are aiming to experience the "college experience", this is not the school for you. The professors are very good and most of them are available and they also have flexible office hours.

K'Leigh

A place that will never let you down

Autumn

The teachers try to help as much as they can and are very understanding. This is my second semester there as a freshmen but so far I like it. The food is good and the size of campus makes it easy to get from class to class. I live at home so I'm saving money. I don't really like the location of it.

Middle Georgia College was a good choice for me. I attend the Cochran campus, which is quiet beautiful. It consists of brick building that look older, but inside they're actually newer. The classrooms are well equipped with plenty of room for students. Although college can be expensive, Middle Georgia State is affordable but still offers many degree opportunities.

Jonathan

This is my second year at Middle Georgia, we are currently a University. Which is good news, because it brings more opportunities and degree programs for those attending. Something special about Middle Georgia is that we have a total of five campuses each different from each other. We reside in the cities of Macon, Warner Robins, Dublin, Cochran, and Eastman Georgia. I currently attend the Eastman with a great flight program filled with outstanding instructors providing all the necessary information there is about about flying an aircraft, managing it, or maintenance. Not only its a FAA approved 141 school it also provides necessary housing and general education for those that are perusing a degree in the process. Even we may mile or two away from a town we offered substantial student activities for the students and facility to get together with all sorts of events.

Bryce

Middle Georgia State University is a great place for any student to start! Tuition is very affordable and the environment is great. The staff is very friendly and always ready to help. Also, the class sizes are highly ideal and make it incredibly easy to get the help you need. I would recommend MGA to anyone that wanted a quality education for a great price! The only negatives I have to include regarding the university is its lack of student organizations and research opportunities. Also, some of the surrounding areas are less than savory, so I do not recommend staying out late. Other than that, I have enjoyed my time at Middle Georgia and feel that it was money well spent.

Karion

Middle Georgia's educational services are exceptional. Its fairly easy to find tutors on campus and most are actually located in the library to the students' convenience. The campus is also beautiful. The students volunteer on specific days to all come together to clean up the campus. We are very involved and have many events, activities, and extracurricular activities set up for student bonding. Even though Middle Georgia has a great educational system, it's not somewhere you get the full college experience like with step shows or even parties. However that doesn't affect anything. I love it there and I'm going to hate to leave it.

I absolutely love Middle Georgia College. From the professors to the course work, I can not find much at all to complain about. The staff go above what is required of them to assist and make one feel part of the community. I have several reasons that I love my alma mater so much. At MGC, I am more than just a student identification number; I am a real person. The staff get to know me and invest in my life. The class sizes are small at MGC, and that makes a difference. Having smaller class sizes allows for easier differentiation. This is helpful because it helps students try out different ways of learning and discover their learning style. It is so easy to meet incredible people at MGC due to its smaller size. It is not as intimidating at a school this size to walk into a club or organization meeting full of strangers. Meeting people who will become lifelong friends is easy. Middle Georgia College is a great place to get the education needed to succeed in today's world. I highly recommend it.

Middle Georgia College, now called Middle Georgia State University, is a wonderful school for anyone looking for a more one on one, down to Earth environment. The college has four campus locations that students can choose from, and a variety of degree programs. The staff is always helpful, and strive to make your college experience as easy as possible. Teachers are always available, and the tuition is the cheapest of all universities in Georgia.

Bryanna

I love Middle Georgia State University. I have met people that who I never even knew. Attending Middle Georgia will help students find the passion in themselves they never thought they had. It is a safe environment and even though you’re away from home, you make new friends and they eventually become your family also. Everyone is respectful and always there to listen. Middle Georgia is the best college overall.

Middle Georgia state University is an amazing school. There are several opportunities for a wide range of students. We have only recently became a university, so I have been able to see the campus and student life grow. The student life is so diverse, yet very unified. I have met students from as far away as Brazil. Being able to learn about different cultures and people is just another perk of this school. The campus is beautiful and compact. The technology available to students makes the learning experience much easier and allows students more opportunities. The professors are very interactive and push their students to be the best they can be. There are writing centers, math centers, tutoring groups, and so much more to ensure your success at MGA. I am also proud to say that I am a student worker for such a great university. I have had the privilege of working in the admissions office for over a year while earning my biology degree. Being a student worker allows me to get paid and gain experience I will need once I graduate, all while being on campus. I am also able to leave work for classes and tests, because they understand that I am a student first! I have been so pleased with Middle Georgia and I am glad to call it my home away from home.

Stephen

Middle Georgia College offers great tuition rates. I love the flexibility and robust offerings of the online programs. The professors in the Information Technology Department are always willing and able to engage with students. They foster new ideas and are willing to let students engage in self discovery of the provided material. I would definitely recommend to peers.

Cameron

Middle Georgia is a school that is very small but is a great campus. My first time on campus I was feeling lost on my way to class. As I was looking for my class, a fellow student had guided me to my class and was very respectful. The teachers on campus are great and they try to help you succeed.

Kewone

The college campus is fairly quite, but is also not close to any major centers, so do not expect too much noise or bustle to be found if there is not any on campus. Most people are very nice and the teachers are very respectable and will respond to most issues as soon as they can.

Deandra

I think it is a great school overall especially if you want to have that college feeling without being too far or too close to home. It is the perfect distance away from things. The campus and the faculty are always a joy see. Also, I have made a few friends that I would say are going to stick around for a while. All in all this campus is awesome!

Dmya

I love it. It's not too big and it's not too small. It's very convenient. I'd recommend it to anyone. The teachers are helpful. Students aren't rude in any way. They have a Wendy's across the street if we're not feeling food on campus. It is awesome.

Crimson

Not the greatest place in terms of prestige, but not bad. The campus culture is safe, friendly, and inclusive for the most part. As far as departments go the English, Social Studies, and Bussines departments are great. However, the Science and Math departments are hit or miss depending on the professor. I attended for a year as a Georgia Academy student and enjoyed my time.

My overall opinion about Middle Georgia is that it’s a very well suited school to start off your college adventure.

Jarrel

Education has always been my biggest priority in life. While growing up, I have always had the dream of one day going to a college or University and pursuing my dream to become an NFL star studying Visual Arts or starting my own business. Although it is almost every teenagers dream to go to college and study their dream major, the cost of schooling can be very difficult to afford. However, the debt you are stuck with from loans is even more terrifying. The scholarships would not only help me pursue my dream of becoming what I want, but also be a way to help pay my way towards the success I have always desired. I would love the opportunity to receive any scholarship and it would be something I’ll never forget.

Jamil

Middle Georgia State University Cochran campus is a small and chill campus. Being that the campus is in a small town their arent many places to entertain yourself off-campus such. However, there are sports teams, student activities, and greek life groups for students to enjoy. In addition, there are many resources to aid students academically.

Madison

It is a great college to be a small hometown college. I do feel like maybe the technology could be better, but the professors are great and the campus feels very safe. I do feel like there could also be more activities through the week for students to get involved in.

Kaitlyn

My university is a great school for undergrad. I love the environment. The campus always has a lot of fun events to attend and the campus is all about career and academic development. Not only are there always fun events, but there are also networking events and career fairs held.

Macy

I am a commuter and live about 15 minutes from the campus. There isn't much to do there besides go to class. It is a pretty boring college to attend. There is no Greek life and not many activities going on. The sports are fun to watch, and some of the professors are easily accessible.

I attend the Cochran campus. It’s located in a small town but this provides a chance to make your own fun with your friends. There are nearby cities 20-40 minutes away. Going here I have learned to make my own fun and keep myself entertained. The professors are really sweet and are always willing to help out outside of class. They are starting to have more student activities on campus and it was great to see the growth between my first and second year.

Jaikayla

I feel like this school is an good school . Although in my opinion it needs more activities . The food is really good although the dinning hall should stay open longer that it does because sometimes im hungry and they are not open nor do i have an car to go anywhere .

Rachael

Overall, my school is good. There's good professors, small class sizes, and beautiful campuses. It has limited degrees, but recently they added a graduate's program, and they add a new bachelor's program almost every year. They don't really support legal or illegal substances. I generally support this, but I wouldn't mind a designated smoking area. I'm a little disappointed in the campus parking lots, but only because faculty, staff, and non-commuter students get the best parking. They're rarely full, and I would like for them to give more parking to the commuter students that are closer to the buildings.