Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

Chris

Morehead State is a small university but nonetheless its a great university. Morehead is small but a very friendly environment. Morehead is more like a family coming together than just thousands of kids coming to learn. The students and teachers are great and the campus is easy to figure out. My decision to attend Morehead State University is the greatest decision that I had made. I hope to see many others come out and become part of this family.

College

Thank you Morehead State for an amazing opportunity!

College

Thank you Morehead State for an amazing opportunity!

Eh.

Eh.

I was not very satisfied with my weeks stay on this campus. It was a very uncomfortable living situation, along with seemingly scary night-life. It was not an option to go out unless I wanted to be afraid all night.

Brandi

I had never come across a stereotype of the students that attended this school before I had. I had always heard that the school was a very good school and well respected, and I have learned that myself as I have attended Morehead over the past several semesters.

There are so many activities that are going on, on campus. As a distance learning student and taking my classes all online I do not get to participate in the activities. However, I do often get notifications and e-mails about the sports, such as the Football and theater events that are going on very frequently.

The academics for the Accounting and Math departments are great! The teachers are very good at challenging our thought processes and pushing us to work hard and do our best. I have had great experiences with every teacher I have taken as well as the students that I have partnered up with for projects or worked with for assignments.

Amber

Very determined and smart. I am in mainly science classes so most students around me are very smart and career focused.

I would have take more college classes to prepare myself. I would also create better study habits!

Someone who isn't willing to put in the time. From experience high school did not prepare me for college and I had to really buckle down and study. Time and Effort is key.

Kendyl

I have made plenty of mistakes since I entered college four years ago, some things I am okay with, like the time I walked into the wrong class, sat down and began taking notes only to learn my class was in 102 not 201, and others I wish I could vanquish from my memory, like New Year's Eve 2012 when I became black out drunk with no recollection of the nights events only to wake up in an unknown place shocked and scared. But that's just it. College is about learning who you are, but more importantly who you want to be known as for the rest of time. New Year's Eve 2012 did just that. I didn't want to be known as the stumbling girl at the party, I was smarter than that. Learning who you are stems from the mistakes you make. Perhaps that's the best advice to give oneself, make mistakes. Those mistakes created the person I am today, and I am proud of who I am. I have become an educated woman who plans to make a difference in the world, and I can thank my mistakes for that.

The worst thing about Morehead State is the lack of school spirit. If you want a school that everyone attends game day and sports the latest gear, this is not the school for you.

Morehead State is a small college set in the Appalachian Valley of Eastern Kentucky. This climate creates a lack of diversity amoung students, which creates closed-minded students. In addition, the school is small, but not too small. It's small enough that when you're walking to class you will see at least a few people you know.

MiKella

I do not think there are any stereotypes for the students at our school. We have such a variety of students so there is no way possible for there to be a particular stereotype.

Morehead offers a lot of academic programs. It is one of the few colleges in the state that offer what I am majoring in.

To go back in time and speak to the high school senior me, I would definitely tell myself to branch out of my shell. I was extremely shy in high school and that kept me from doing a lot of things. I would also mention to myself that it is necessary to budget and save money. I was never a student that had to study a lot but college has taught me differently. I would also tell myself to stick with softball. I played fast pitch for the high school but I quit my senior year in order to take college classes. If I would have stuck with softball I could be playing for college right now.

I wish I would have prepared myself better to be on my own.

I think anyone who wants to go to a laid back fun-filled school! It is extremely environmentally friendly and everyone there is very friendly! It is a perfect sized school in my opinion.

Amber

Morehead State University is super friendly place. Everyone is willing to help when you need it and the campus is so beautifu...

Morehead State University is super friendly place. Everyone is willing to help when you need it and the campus is so beautiful.

First of all, I would tell myself not to bring my whole room to the dorm with me! I didn't use half of what I brought my first semester. I would tell myself not to worry about not making friends because there are plenty of great people at college. It was easy to make friends. I would also tell myself to keep up my confidence because I would definitely need it. I would want myself to know I could get through any class no matter how hard the class was. Finally, I would tell myself not to think my friends from high school would still be there for me. I learned that lesson and would like to avoid it all if I had to do it over. In order to avoid the dorm drama, I would tell myself to room with a stranger. Things may have been better for me if that had been my decision on the whole dorm situation. Rooming with your best friend may work for some, but it definitely didn't work for me.

If you are afraid of going to the big city for school, this is the place for you. It's just small enough, but not too small. If you need more guidance from the faculty, I would also suggest this school.

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.