Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

Brandi

I had never come across a stereotype of the students that attended this school before I had. I had always heard that the school was a very good school and well respected, and I have learned that myself as I have attended Morehead over the past several semesters.

There are so many activities that are going on, on campus. As a distance learning student and taking my classes all online I do not get to participate in the activities. However, I do often get notifications and e-mails about the sports, such as the Football and theater events that are going on very frequently.

The academics for the Accounting and Math departments are great! The teachers are very good at challenging our thought processes and pushing us to work hard and do our best. I have had great experiences with every teacher I have taken as well as the students that I have partnered up with for projects or worked with for assignments.

Amber

Very determined and smart. I am in mainly science classes so most students around me are very smart and career focused.

I would have take more college classes to prepare myself. I would also create better study habits!

Someone who isn't willing to put in the time. From experience high school did not prepare me for college and I had to really buckle down and study. Time and Effort is key.

Kendyl

I have made plenty of mistakes since I entered college four years ago, some things I am okay with, like the time I walked into the wrong class, sat down and began taking notes only to learn my class was in 102 not 201, and others I wish I could vanquish from my memory, like New Year's Eve 2012 when I became black out drunk with no recollection of the nights events only to wake up in an unknown place shocked and scared. But that's just it. College is about learning who you are, but more importantly who you want to be known as for the rest of time. New Year's Eve 2012 did just that. I didn't want to be known as the stumbling girl at the party, I was smarter than that. Learning who you are stems from the mistakes you make. Perhaps that's the best advice to give oneself, make mistakes. Those mistakes created the person I am today, and I am proud of who I am. I have become an educated woman who plans to make a difference in the world, and I can thank my mistakes for that.

The worst thing about Morehead State is the lack of school spirit. If you want a school that everyone attends game day and sports the latest gear, this is not the school for you.

Morehead State is a small college set in the Appalachian Valley of Eastern Kentucky. This climate creates a lack of diversity amoung students, which creates closed-minded students. In addition, the school is small, but not too small. It's small enough that when you're walking to class you will see at least a few people you know.

MiKella

I do not think there are any stereotypes for the students at our school. We have such a variety of students so there is no way possible for there to be a particular stereotype.

Morehead offers a lot of academic programs. It is one of the few colleges in the state that offer what I am majoring in.

To go back in time and speak to the high school senior me, I would definitely tell myself to branch out of my shell. I was extremely shy in high school and that kept me from doing a lot of things. I would also mention to myself that it is necessary to budget and save money. I was never a student that had to study a lot but college has taught me differently. I would also tell myself to stick with softball. I played fast pitch for the high school but I quit my senior year in order to take college classes. If I would have stuck with softball I could be playing for college right now.

I wish I would have prepared myself better to be on my own.

I think anyone who wants to go to a laid back fun-filled school! It is extremely environmentally friendly and everyone there is very friendly! It is a perfect sized school in my opinion.

Amber

Morehead State University is super friendly place. Everyone is willing to help when you need it and the campus is so beautifu...

Morehead State University is super friendly place. Everyone is willing to help when you need it and the campus is so beautiful.

First of all, I would tell myself not to bring my whole room to the dorm with me! I didn't use half of what I brought my first semester. I would tell myself not to worry about not making friends because there are plenty of great people at college. It was easy to make friends. I would also tell myself to keep up my confidence because I would definitely need it. I would want myself to know I could get through any class no matter how hard the class was. Finally, I would tell myself not to think my friends from high school would still be there for me. I learned that lesson and would like to avoid it all if I had to do it over. In order to avoid the dorm drama, I would tell myself to room with a stranger. Things may have been better for me if that had been my decision on the whole dorm situation. Rooming with your best friend may work for some, but it definitely didn't work for me.

If you are afraid of going to the big city for school, this is the place for you. It's just small enough, but not too small. If you need more guidance from the faculty, I would also suggest this school.

Jamey

Looking back at myself as a high school Senior I would have given myself the advice of being a little selfish and do what I think would be best for my future and not listen to the many voices of others trying to direct me to potential career chooices. Also, not attending certain schools that were a distance off to stay close to a female is not a wise choice. i would offer the advice to following my dreams and pursue the career paths that I was passionate about. Picking areas of passionate would enhance the college experience and the knowledge gained from college would be deemed more necessary to the future of my life. Lookign back at choices that I have made I would have taken a more direct approach to my goals and gained experiance in my field of passion sooner rather than later. A second word of advice I would have given myself would have been to take the early years of college more seriously and garnered the the best grades possible. This advice would have made the road to successful less burdensome along with wasting less time in unpassionate areas.

What I would consider the best thing about my school would be the majority of the students and faculty on campus are easy to get along with and were very friendly. I was easy to make friends and meet people on campus. The staff in each building were very helpful and polite with regards to dealing with students. Everyone seemed to be willing to lend a helping hand.

I wish I had known the atmosphere of the town in which the school resides. Morehead State was in a small town in rural Kentucky. I would consider Morehead State a suitcase school. This means that everyone goes home on the weekend and the campus is empty. Finding out about the possible activities surrounding the areas would have been beneficial in choosing a college.

Clarissa

If I were to give my high school senior self advice, I would tell myself to strengthen my study skills. College is not like high school. High school was easy and didn't require much studying. When I came to college, I realized that having it easy in high school was not going to help me succeed here. Since I didn't have to study in high school, my study habits were severly lacking. This led to me not completing my major in four years and finally switching to a different major. Since I have been here for so long, I am now considered a non-traditional student. If I had the chance to do it all again, I would still come to Morehead State University, but I would have learned how to effectively study beforehand.

Breanna

Morehead is a beautiful campus and a wonderful school.

Morehead is a beautiful campus and a wonderful school.

My school is best known for its variety of majors.

The advice I would give myself would be to include myself in more sports. In college if you play sports you are well known. If I played in high school then I could have been aware of college sports and might have played.

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.