Morehead, KY
Morehead State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehead State University

MiKella

I do not think there are any stereotypes for the students at our school. We have such a variety of students so there is no way possible for there to be a particular stereotype.

Morehead offers a lot of academic programs. It is one of the few colleges in the state that offer what I am majoring in.

To go back in time and speak to the high school senior me, I would definitely tell myself to branch out of my shell. I was extremely shy in high school and that kept me from doing a lot of things. I would also mention to myself that it is necessary to budget and save money. I was never a student that had to study a lot but college has taught me differently. I would also tell myself to stick with softball. I played fast pitch for the high school but I quit my senior year in order to take college classes. If I would have stuck with softball I could be playing for college right now.

I wish I would have prepared myself better to be on my own.

I think anyone who wants to go to a laid back fun-filled school! It is extremely environmentally friendly and everyone there is very friendly! It is a perfect sized school in my opinion.

Amber

Morehead State University is super friendly place. Everyone is willing to help when you need it and the campus is so beautifu...

Morehead State University is super friendly place. Everyone is willing to help when you need it and the campus is so beautiful.

First of all, I would tell myself not to bring my whole room to the dorm with me! I didn't use half of what I brought my first semester. I would tell myself not to worry about not making friends because there are plenty of great people at college. It was easy to make friends. I would also tell myself to keep up my confidence because I would definitely need it. I would want myself to know I could get through any class no matter how hard the class was. Finally, I would tell myself not to think my friends from high school would still be there for me. I learned that lesson and would like to avoid it all if I had to do it over. In order to avoid the dorm drama, I would tell myself to room with a stranger. Things may have been better for me if that had been my decision on the whole dorm situation. Rooming with your best friend may work for some, but it definitely didn't work for me.

If you are afraid of going to the big city for school, this is the place for you. It's just small enough, but not too small. If you need more guidance from the faculty, I would also suggest this school.

Jamey

Looking back at myself as a high school Senior I would have given myself the advice of being a little selfish and do what I think would be best for my future and not listen to the many voices of others trying to direct me to potential career chooices. Also, not attending certain schools that were a distance off to stay close to a female is not a wise choice. i would offer the advice to following my dreams and pursue the career paths that I was passionate about. Picking areas of passionate would enhance the college experience and the knowledge gained from college would be deemed more necessary to the future of my life. Lookign back at choices that I have made I would have taken a more direct approach to my goals and gained experiance in my field of passion sooner rather than later. A second word of advice I would have given myself would have been to take the early years of college more seriously and garnered the the best grades possible. This advice would have made the road to successful less burdensome along with wasting less time in unpassionate areas.

What I would consider the best thing about my school would be the majority of the students and faculty on campus are easy to get along with and were very friendly. I was easy to make friends and meet people on campus. The staff in each building were very helpful and polite with regards to dealing with students. Everyone seemed to be willing to lend a helping hand.

I wish I had known the atmosphere of the town in which the school resides. Morehead State was in a small town in rural Kentucky. I would consider Morehead State a suitcase school. This means that everyone goes home on the weekend and the campus is empty. Finding out about the possible activities surrounding the areas would have been beneficial in choosing a college.

Clarissa

If I were to give my high school senior self advice, I would tell myself to strengthen my study skills. College is not like high school. High school was easy and didn't require much studying. When I came to college, I realized that having it easy in high school was not going to help me succeed here. Since I didn't have to study in high school, my study habits were severly lacking. This led to me not completing my major in four years and finally switching to a different major. Since I have been here for so long, I am now considered a non-traditional student. If I had the chance to do it all again, I would still come to Morehead State University, but I would have learned how to effectively study beforehand.

Breanna

My school is best known for its variety of majors.

My school is best known for its variety of majors.

Morehead is a beautiful campus and a wonderful school.

The advice I would give myself would be to include myself in more sports. In college if you play sports you are well known. If I played in high school then I could have been aware of college sports and might have played.

Amy

Morehead State is known for it's beautiful campus, small town setting, and personal class sizes. Morehead is known for being an artistic school dedicated to helping it's students succeed. Morehead gives many adults a chance at a higher eduation at an affordable cost that they might not be able to receive elsewhere. Morehead is a cultural melting pot, bringing in students from all over the globe.

Classmates at Morehead are friendly, personable, smart, and willing to help.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I know the first advice I would give myself would be to start taking campus tours and researching different schools early. Options should always be available when one is choosing a college to attend. If you wait to the last minute, you might end up going to a school that you woulnd't have chosen otherwise. I would also tell myself to take college very seriously. College is not all fun and games like the movies make it look. I would tell myself to buckle down and study, instead of putting it off. Sure college is fun, but grades are always a priority. The last bit of advice would be to get involved, whether it's a club or sorority, just do anything to get involved with the school. This would have helped make my transistion to college much smoother.

Sydney

Most of the kids here are really nice and classes and dynamic and interesting.

Most of the kids here are really nice and classes and dynamic and interesting.

I would tell myself to get my butt and gear and stop procrastinating on projects. I would tell myself not to underestimate the classes or overestimate my abilities to remember the information on tests without studying a lot. I would say STUDY!!!!! and don't forget to make friends and experience everything you can so you don't end up by yourself most of the time. Take advantage of all the help and tutoring you can get.

I always talk about how small and convienient the campus is and how friendly everyone is

Kaitlyn

My classmates are funny. They are quiet at first but as soon as one student breaks the ice then they all seem to come out of their shell. They are all really nice people and very apt to learn and help those that need it.

The first thing I would tell myself as a high school senior is to not take any of it for granted. The friends you have now won't always be there. Some will drift away but some will stay forever so cherish what you have right now. It's going to be a lot harder than you think it is to leave home but it's not horrible forever. When the assignment is given, do it that night. Don't slack off and procrastinate and think you can just do it before class because it doesn't work that way anymore. You actually have to learn how to study now! I know it's a foreign word and a concept you're actually going to have to be taught but it will come in handy, I promise.

I brag mostly about the teachers and the class size. The professors really seem to care about their jobs and their students. This is really nice because you don't see a lot anymore. Its mostly a get in, lecture, get out kind of thing and all my professors have been very approachable and eager to help if needed.

William

M.S.U. students are typically stereotyped as poor, and unintelligent. Due to its geographic location in rural Kentucky, this is easily believed. However, although there is a large population of rural Kentucky citezens among the student body, the students at M.S.U. are heavily involved in research and original scholarly work, leading to grants and publications.

Morehead State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.