Atlanta, GA
Morehouse College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehouse College

Anthony

Chaotic, diverse, challenging, depressing, and memorable is how I would describe Morehouse College.

I would simply say this: Cherish the good times, stay strong during the bad times, ask for help as often as needed, and pay attention to all the details you come across. Remember why you are there and do not let anything or anyone deter your focus. Keep in touch with friends, family, and the Counseling Resource Center often!

Someone who is lazy, self-centered, extrememly sensitive, short tempered, impatient, and not open minded will not progress very far/at all on the campus of Morehouse College.

Elliott

I am positive I would tell myself not to be afraid or shy about going to college. Morehouse is a big change from what I was used to at home, although it is the optimal environment for me to mature into an adult. I would tell myself that I should concentrate on learning in the classroom, but also try to venture out and explore things around campus. The things I have been exposed to have taught me more about the world as well as shed some light about myself that I was not aware of. The bottom line is that I would want myself as a high school senior to realize there is a great deal more he can become that will make the future even more lucrative.

My school is small and I allows teachers to have smaller class sizes. For me this is great because I am used to learning in this kind of environment. I also will be able to interact with my peers in class which may not have been the case if I went to a larger, public school.

There is so much to do, however I'm just not sure which clubs/organizations I really want to commit to. I even find myself confused about what career I want to pursue because everything seems so interesting.

Thomas

Morehouse College is an illustrious college with a well known history and indescribable mystique that builds young men into renaissance men to go out and change the world for the better to make it a better place to live in

The advice that I would go back and give to myself would have to be that although you think Prep School is preparing you for college it is but you must realize that entering a college is much different. The atmosphere is much different and you will have to growup much faster than you think if you truly want to excel and have success from the beginning

What I wish I had known before coming to Morehouse College would have been the relationship between professors and their students. They reach out to assist anyone in need but you have to grow up and speak up to your professors because if you do not show you are serious about your grades or that you need help they cannot reach out to you unless you reach out to them first

Corey

The scholar at Morehouse is a young, most likely African-American man, that represents the "five wells" of Morehouse: well spoken, well dressed, well traveled, well read, and well balanced. The school emphasizes brotherhood and service, so the students are very conscious and service oriented. We don't wear pajamas to class, but we are mostly casual; unless you are a business student, then you may need to be in a suit often. All students have high goals and aspirations and many of them are already putting them into motion.

My professors know me by name. Even professors I have not had yet know me if they teach in my major department. The entire major departments create a small family within academic affairs. My favorite class so far has been philosophical ethics. Morehouse does a decent job of taking academics and applying them to your life. Classes are small and most students come to class and participate (the classes are too small to be missing or sleep). The classes are very competitive, but are worth your time, which is important.

Jonathan

SGA, CASA, MBA, the Glee Club are the most popular and diverse groups on campus. The greek organizations are also very known but extremely difficult to join. Being popular in college is overrated. Just work hard and maintain your own group of friends and you are fine. Do not join the hype and want to be a socialite because "everything that glitters is no gold." I go to the movies every now and then and there are also a few places like little five points and piedmont park where you can go and hang out.

The student body here is of course near 99% Black male. But we all come from different backgrounds. Some come from poor families and some rich, but we still unite regardless of those things. I would like to think that many of the students here are spiritual and not so much religious. We are all seeking growth in way or another and want to be a better man when we leave here.

The students here are fairly competitive. There are definitely stand outs who seek the A+'s. Many people underestimate the academics here at first and think that the work is easy until they reach the second semester and see that Morehouse gives more work than they expected. I have a pretty good relationship with all of my professors and they all want students to succeed. They do not get pleasure from seeing a student fail. One of my favorite things here is the broad scope of conversations that go on outside of the classroom. Students here are smart and you have to dig deep because not everyone out here is trying to be popular and gloating about what they are doing.

"All Men of Morehouse wear bow ties and think that they are all that." Not true at all; The majority of the guys here are very down to earth and are not even interested in fashion.

Joshua

Morehouse College is a very prestigious, historically black university that have produced great upstanding men in today's society.

Classmates are well dressed and well spoken and tend to be very involved in class on on campus.

Alvin

Morehouse culture in general is unique especially with it being an all male African American institution, it is a place where individuals come from all over the world to attend, while visiting this campus you will be shocked there are so many well spoken, well dressed, well traveled, well balanced, and well read individuals who attend here you will for sure be amazed.

If I could talk to my old self as a high school senior, first I would for sure stress to apply for scholarships and grants as soon as possible. Once you get to college closing the gap between finances can be stressful, in some cases it could interfere with your academics. Second I would stress myself to do research on all of the universities that I planned or hoped to attend get to know what types of majors and programs they offer make sure that they fit my needs. Last but not least I would stress myself to know that college isnt like high school, courses can be touger, and I would reccomend taking some AP courses, so that it wouldnt be such a shock.

The type of person that should attend this college is an individual ready to learn what it takes to make it to the next level, and by next level I mean whatever you have in mind for the future that you may want to accomplish. Morehouse is filled with different types of majors, the learning environment mixed with the faculty are there to help you excel, however as with any university/college it is up to you to get the most out of it and use all resouces.

Leighton

my classmates are engaging, opinionated gentlemen that seek understanding and a better appreciation for why things are the way they. They seek to change things that need to be changed and break down barriers so that all men are seen as equal.

I would have strongly encouraged myself to do even more scholarships! I had alot of time my senior year that could have been used preparing for the next step. College comes a myriad of emotions and experiences and the finiacial strain that I have seen people go through due to a lack of finances was really the one thing that hindered so many students from returning to the institution. Having done more scholarships would have allowed me to stay on campus and to have a meal plan throughout my education.

The traditions and respect that my school receives.

Alondra

After 13 years out of school before my first course, I finally decided to go back to school and finish my education. Although very exciting, being a student once again was very nerve racking for the first couple of classes. As the days, weeks, and months go by it has become easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The college experience has allowed me to get closer and closer to my career goal. My major is in criminal justice because I enjoy the idea of helping others and the community in which I live. I can now see myself as a finger print technician, crime scene response driver, or crime scene photographer. I am looking forward to learning everything I can about the criminal justice field; getting me that much closer to my dream career. Soon my goal will be fulfilled.

olivia

The most important thing I have gained out of my college experience has been insight into what I want to do in my future. When I began college I was undecided as to what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Once I began looking into the different choices I could make for a major and learned about the world around me, my career goals became more concrete and I knew what it was I wanted to do. The most valuable thing I gained from college was a more secure future for my daughter. By attending college and developing skills for a career, I have been able to ensure that she will be well provided for and have a better life and childhood than I had growing up.

Morehouse College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.