Atlanta, GA
Morehouse College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Morehouse College

olivia

The most important thing I have gained out of my college experience has been insight into what I want to do in my future. When I began college I was undecided as to what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Once I began looking into the different choices I could make for a major and learned about the world around me, my career goals became more concrete and I knew what it was I wanted to do. The most valuable thing I gained from college was a more secure future for my daughter. By attending college and developing skills for a career, I have been able to ensure that she will be well provided for and have a better life and childhood than I had growing up.

William

My classmates are very competive, but helpful, and intelligent, but not haughty.

I have gotten that college is a huge delay of gratification and is worth every second. All of the myths and stories that I heard about college as a high school student were true and college truly is what one makes of it. To be successful takes persistence, perserverance, and planning and with that I believe anyone could get the most out of college.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of extra-curricular activities it offers for students for I always expected college to be full of activities that would better assist me in becoming more versatile and diverse in terms of knowledge.

Christian

So far, I've gone from an immature boy to a dedicated and hard working man. Criminal Justice doesn't just require attendance, it requires hard discipline. Everything from the way we speak, to the way we present ourselves makes it evident to everyone around us that the program is no joke. We address everyone, no matter what age, as "Sir" or "Ma'm". Simply because it is the respectful thing to do, which is something society is lacking now a days. The program at SJVC has been valuable to me, because not only do i have a newfound respect for the people and law officials around me, but I now have a newfound respect for myself.

Joshua

In order to become a Registered Nurse, one must learn about the human body and mind. The course of study I selected is required by San Diego City College. I believe it to be a thorough course that will easily meet my needs. I have chosen American Sign Language as my second language for three reasons:I took it in high school so I am already familiar with the basics; I believe it will be beneficial to my future employer and patients, and last but not least, I simply enjoy signing. As time permits, I intend to learn Spanish as well to further my ability to communicate with others. The requirements for Registered Nurses are pretty straight-forward. The State of California as well as the college, has set a criteria for which I intend to follow. I want to insure I am knowledgeable and well educated to perform the many duties required of an R.N. In order to achieve my career goal, this is the course of study I must complete.

Katelin

What I have gotten out of my college experience was invaluable. I learned what it was like to live independently and be responsible for my own decisions. I learned how to solve real every day problems and how to manage stress. It was like being able to ride the bike of adulthood with training wheels. Although I did not get a job in the industry of my education, I felt that what I learned would prepare me for a job in the fashion design industry. I was not able to stay or reside in areas that were hiring for my education level, so I needed to look at another career that would allow me to continue designing independently, living in my area. It is very important to choose a career that will work for you in a good or poor economy, something that you can see yourself doing day in and day out. Listen to yourself: your head and your heart.

Desiree

During my attendance at Anoka Ramsey Community College, I have discovered many things about myself. I have discovered that the world is much, much bigger than Cambridge, Minnesota. This discovery has made me want to explore and learn more. I have discovered that there are many different kinds of people and at a college the one thing that unites all these people is the common goal: to succeed in life and becoming successful through higher education. I have never been around so many people that have the same goal as myself, and it was quite nice! I have changed by major from nursing to education to student development/college counseling and back to nursing again. Being at college has secured my decision in becoming a nurse and took out all of the doubts I had about it. Attending college has broadened my mind and I feel good about being educated. Being educated is something that I value highly. My college experience isn't even close to being over yet, but so far, it has been quite the journey and I am excited to keep this long journey going.

Donarell

Morehouse College is a feeder of great black mean.

Morehouse College is a feeder of great black mean.

I've gained a since of focus. This is valuable because it motivates me to complete my goals. It gives me the the drive and the determenation.

The people, because we motivate each other.

Irvin

Classmates tend to vary in attitude and work ethic; some are engaging and willing to learn while others tend to be inattentive and sleep in class.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell" is a quote by Aldous Huxley that I muttered after recieving the last of my freshman year grades. I was put on academic probation and stripped of what little dignity I had left as a college student. I was a very ambitious student in high school, and even after Hurricane Katrina devastated my city of New Orleans, I continued to do well. After graduating with a 3.6 and in multiple clubs and societies, I chose Morehouse College as the institution of undergraduate studies. After a year of studying under incompetent professors (one of which who didn't even bother to show up to the final exam), my GPA was as low as my self-confidence. The most important aspect that i've gotten out of my college experience is that nothing comes easy in life, and nothing is simply handed to anyone for free. With desire and motivation, anything is possible. Even though I have made many mistakes in college myself, I understand that it is not too late to change my situation. College so far has been a great learning experience that has helped me grow both mentally and spiritually.

Morehouse College strongly encourages a "Do-It-Yourself" experience. If a person wishes to succeed at this school, he/she must not only be focused and dedicated, but also have a strong connection with fellow classmates. There are many temptations and vices in college, such as partying, alcohol, drugs, and the ever-so present distraction of the all-female college, Spelman, next door. If planning to attend, one must also be mindful that there is not much diversity around. This school is meant for the person who has a very open outlook on life and a career set in mind.

David

I have finish High School and an Associates degree in Web Graphic design and I will like to continue with my studying to get my Batch lords degree. The experience of these has being valuable to me, because it gave me a preview of what collage is like.

Morehouse College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.