Tullahoma, TN
Motlow State Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Motlow State Community College

Courtnie

I attend Motlow State Community College located in Smyrna, TN for my freshman year in college. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior student I would tell myself that, I should take my work more serious, and rather then just enjoying the benefits of my last year in high school, I have a future to look forward to. I would tell myself that my education is going to take me to more serious places I should be rather then going places such as McDonald's. I realize now I should have been more sensible. Although I became a victim of the "senior sickness" everyone tends to get which consists of slacking off in school and occassionally cutting class, I have bigger dreams to be more successful and I need to have that drive now, because unlike high school teachers, most college professors could careless if you pass or fail their class. I would also tell myself that if I kept my grades up, I could possibly have gotten a full scholarship to the college of my dreams, but now I'm just trying to make the most of what I have.

I didn't really know what to expect attending Motlow State Community College, but I did expect to actually feel like I was transitioning from a high school student to a college, and I must say that I do not feel that transition. The stories that my Middle Tennessee State University friends share with me are far more different then the stories I have to share. My stories usually consist of my attendace to class that day, rather then the interesting people I met, and so forth.

I attend Motlow State Community College located in Smyrna, TN. Although MSCC has many great things to offer, I do believe that just as every great school, MSCC has its fallbacks. The worst thing about my school is the size of it. MSCC is so small, that it is smaller then my high school, LaVergne High School. Some people might enjoy attending a small school, but speaking for myself, I am happier in a bigger, more social environment.

Jacob

Motlow State has a small town feel with professors that bring to the class room more then just the daily activity.

Hello Jacob, I?m your future self so let me get to the point. I know you, I know that you haven?t had the proper motivations from dad, and mom is always working. You never understood that now is the time, right now is where we make the future. Putting half your foot in the door will not make you a success. I wasted over four years of our life, and in that time I lost some of your knowledge and age making it more difficult to catch your dream. This life is of misery and now you have a chance to save it. Now that I have your attention this is what I need you to do for the good of us. Continue your schooling and enroll right now. I?ve spent years relearning the things we thought we?d never use. We don?t care about money its? the life style we need. Trust me I?ve had money but it has killed me making it. You know in your heart what you want to become. Don?t run in circles looking for it, act now and take it. You only get one chance make it count.

The library is the best, you always have a comfortable place to go and an open computer for research. The second best place is the Student Affairs office. They treat you so much better then the other departments; so if you need anything done go there and they will help you through it.

Haleigh

I have met some nice people there. The only thing I do not like is it is hard to find study partners, which I belive is big in college. Some of the students seem to not take the courses as serious as I thought. Despite those who do not have much desire, there are some great people there, who are focused and determined.

I attend the Smyrna campus, and do not veiw it so much as unique. It is a college I chose for financial reasons. It is an extremely small campus with not a whole lot of options at this particular college. It is great for those who would like to be an RN, because they have a 2-year RN program, but it is very competitive. In addition, it is a good place to get prerequisites out of the way in order to transfer to a university.

During my senior year, I was not aware of all the opportunities out there. Now, being in college and experiencing a new environment and visiting universities, I realize I could have done much more to prepare myself. I would tell myself to not be afraid to ask questions in the classroom, because that is where it all starts. When I did not ask questions or stay after class to make sure I was clear about the subject at hand, I fell behind, resulting in not doing my best. I would also tell myself to take the ACT as many times possible and study before the test. Also, I would fill out the fafsa and scholarships earlier. Another important thing to do is explore Universities and set up meetings. Finally, the most important thing I would tell myself is to not give up. I believe giving up is the worst thing a student can do. Things may get tough, but the all-nighters and long study sessions will all be worth it in the end when walking across the stage to get the college diploma that may have taken several years, but will pay off for the next 50 years.

Chanz

To get started on anything college related early. Make sure you have applied for as many scholarships as possible. Also, know that your school you have chosen is a perfect match for what you wanna do.

A person set on focusing on their general studies and wants more hands on time with a teacher.

Reva

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd tell myself to practice better study habits. I've never had a hard time with school work, but college assignments are different and not nearly as easy as high school ones. Also, I would point out that while the few scholarships that I have did cover my tuition, filling out more applications wouldn't be a bad idea. While it seems like I was filling the applications out in vain, there are some out there that I would have been capable of attaining had I put more effort into it. Most importantly, family comes first. College life is a huge change and while friends become a more prominent part of my life, I seem to be forgetting my family in the mix of things. They will be there for me when I'm discouraged from the amount of homework I have, as well as when I'm ecstatic about my high test grades. These issues could have improved my first semester of college, but I understand more now that I've learned the hard way.

Natalie

Motlow is a nice, small campus with some really great teachers and a decent amount of classes to choose from.

Being the only community college near Franklin County, Coffee County, and Moore County.

Although I did very well in high school and my senior year, I would tell myself to work harder. I would tell myself to strive for better grades and a higher GPA. I would tell myself to get involved in more school organizations and volunteer some of my free time to help my community or the needy. I would also have told myself to go ahead and get a job, that way I could have more working experience for when I was older. I would have also told myself to enjoy my time as a high school student because college is a new experience. Even though I only go to a community college, there are alot more decisions I have to make. I also have to work harder to keep up my GPA so that I can continue receiving financial aid. I wouldn't change very much about my high school days, but I defnitely wish I worked a little harder.

Whitney

My school is best know for as a school to get your basic credits and in time transfer to a 4 year college.

My senior year in high school was amazing. Me and my friend live it to the fullest. I made good grades my senior year but still had fun doing it. The only thing i belive i would go back and talk to myself would be, to take in everything you get from your senior year. You will miss high school so much even if you hated school. I sure do miss high school, college is harder and takes alot more of your time than highschool did. I wish i could go back and just relive my senior year just one more time. Even though i lived my senior year to the fullest, there are so many things i miss and would love to have back.

I love my school because it is so small. My classes are small and we get more hands on learning from our teachers.

Bridgette

I would tell myself not to slack during my freshman year of college. To try harder so I would not be as confused come mid-term and final time.

Scott

First and foremost, Motlow State Community college is, to my understanding, the cheapest school in Tennessee, which was a huge pull to me. Of course, I though that, because of the low cost of attendance, I would not be getting the fullest education or have access to the best resources, but I was surprised to find that Motlow employs state-of-the-art teaching devices in many aspects, and the programs overall seem to be bolstered by careful budgeting. Our school has many events held annually to boost school spirit and promote extracurricular learning experiences.

Naturally, as most people would start, I would say that it is important to study as hard as you can, to really focus on making the grade, to be sure to make time for community service, and to start filling out scholarship applications as early as possible. And, naturally, as most high school students would do, the old me would brush aside any and all advice that anybody (including myself) would give him. See, while hindsight is always 20/20, nobody can really see anything for themselves in the future tense that isn't biased by what they want and what they fear. My foresight and performance was always cripplingly biased by my high school philosophy of "a person's potential is what they *could* do, it's what they actually do, because, left to their own devices, what they actually do is all that will ever get done." This meant to me that if I'm too lazy to study harder, that means I won't study harder, and therefore the advice to study harder is invalid. I guess, then, I would try to convince the old me that motivation comes from the inside and is one's potential.

I attend one of Motlow's satellite campuses in Fayetteville, TN. The only real problem with the school are some of the people, students and teachers alike. This is a problem for many schools, I know, but I think the poor high school that most of the students graduated from bogs down the education process, requiring extra effort from those few willing teachers to keep their class moving at a steady pace.

Motlow State Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.