Yankton, SD
Mount Marty College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Marty College

Shelby

Mount Marty is great if you want a small campus where every knows each other. The professors are great and you can tell that they just want to see you succeed. That being said, the small campus size can be detrimental because we do lack some of the things larger universities have, but overall Mount Marty is a good place to be.

Jesse

It's not the best when it comes to cost, but the the size and community makes it something worth remembering. If you are interested in athletics, communication with the school will likely land you some sort of scholarship to help pay for your schooling there. If you are religious as well this school could be a very fitting place for you as religion is a big component of this school.

Maggie

My overall opinion of Mount Marty Colleg is that it is a great school for those who love the one on one attention from faculty. Students around campus are very welcoming and care about their education and future careers. Most students on campus are athletes, making Mount Marty one large team where we all support each other in everything we do through the class room to the court.

Austin

Mount Marty is a private school located in Yankton, SD that teaches in the Benedictine tradition.

I think I would not have worried so much about taking the advance classes in high school. Almost all of the schools I applied for used pure GPA in deciding scholarship awards, they did not consider AP classes. Taking the AP classes resulted in a sgnificantly lower GPA than I would have had if I took other classes instead of the AP courses. So I would say don't listen to the advisors when they try to push you into the AP courses. Take the basic college requiements and some easy courses to pad your GPA. It will result in more money for your college education.

The worst thing about Mount Marty College is that it is located in a rural town in South Dakota. There is not alot to do in Yankton, SD when you are used to living in a big city environment. The other problem with Mount Marty is that there are very few students in my major of accounting, almost half of the students are studying Nursing.

Austin

They seem pretty dedicated when it comes to school, but I don't know them well enough to say anything else.

I wish I had known how much partying is at this school for a Catholic college.

summer

If I had the chance to give myself advice about the college life, I would inform myself about all the papers that I would need to write. I would tell myself to ace citations and apa formats. Also to use credible resources and try to use more examples when writing papers. Then I would tell myself to study hard. Do not take school for granted. Prepare to work with all sorts of people from different backgraounds. Use this time to better develop your people skills for it will be beneficial in the real world when it is time for you to apply it. Stay focused and set short term goals that can be applied to acheiving your long term. Do your best and try to aim for top of the class. By doing this, you are ensured to give college your all and train yourself to be a go-getter. Lastly, have fun.

I seriously wished that I was told that switching majors after my upper division classes would be almost impossible. Once I switch majors, I would lose all classes I previously took with my prior major.

The campuses are far from my residence. I have to travel 60 miles round trip to school.

Jordan

I was tell myself not to be afraid to get involved. I would remind myself that I am a person who has many talents and abilities, so I need to go to a smaller school to give myself the chance to use those skills. I would also remind myself that school is expensive. I would tell myself that I should avoid worrying so much about how much I am spending and enjoy my short time as a college student. Finally, I would make sure I call my family often. I know they miss me and that I am the first to leave for college in my family. Family is the most important thing in my life and I want to make sure they know that.

The hospitality at Mount Marty is second to none. I have never felt more at home than I did when I was at Mount Marty. Everyone will greet you when you walk past and many of the staff will constantly ask how you are doing. The people at Mount Marty make it a remarkable place for education and personal growth.

You should not attent Mount Marty if you are someone who does not like a small setting. Mount Marty is a small school where students must interact often with staff and students in order to be successful. For most, this is not a problem, but for some, being overly social can be a deal breaker.

Ryan

If I could go back in time and talk to my previous self I would have one piece of advice. I would tell myself to take more college courses through the high school and community college. Having taken some I benefited alot, but if I would have taken more I could have potentially completed two years of college by the time I actually started here at Mount Marty. Doing this would have saved me a lot of hassle and money.

The worst thing about Mount Marty College is that the price is too high for students who are trying to finance a good, quality education on their own.

Natasha

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself to do better. There were so many opportunities that I passed up, especially in my last year of high school, that I could definitely benefit from now. I would tell myself to take high school seriously and start the right study habits then instead of trying to play catch up once college begins. I believe if I would have finished high school stronger than what I did, I would be able to enjoy the college life a lot more than what I am. I don't regret any decisions I made in the past because it made me a better individual in the long run. However, if I could do it over, I would so that my college experience could be better.

Shawna

They are very friendly, considerate, opinionated, willing to help others, diverse, goal orientated, share their views on subjects, help the class get to the main goal of the program, tutor students who need help, and they become your friends.

At the Watertown Campus, our school is best known for helping people of all ages accomplish their goals in life and to accomplish getting a degree or degrees in the fields of their choice no matter how long it takes. They are known for their flexible scheduling of classes which include night classes. They help you achieve your educational goals to better their life.

The advice I would give myself if I could go back in time would be to more educated on scholarships. I would also tell myself that it is not as hard as some people make it out to be. Mount Marty College was the perfect choice for me and all the apprehension I felt about it was not needed. I would also tell myself to strive harder in the beginning, as I didn't do so well when I first started college. The elation a person feels when they can get a 4.0 in a semester taking 17 credits is far greater than anyone ever described. I took a six year break to raise my three children and when I went back, it was with a greater determination than being fresh out of high school. I would also tell myself that it really was the best decision to start college less than a month after graduating from high school. I love Mount Marty and they have stood behind me and helped me achieve my goals 100%. I would give myself a pat on the back and say, "You will do just fine in life and in college". Thank You

Mount Marty College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.