Manchester, NH
Mount Washington College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mount Washington College

Melissa

I find myself not extremely happy with my experience. I did however, accept admission here the second I was accepted. There was one in person interview and no application to be filled out. Now I know we all hate the application process but it not only helps them get to know you, but also helps you get to know the college before making your decision. There was one thing I found to be helpful and that was I liked being able to picking classes at times that were convenient. This was wonderful for the working individual. I could take classes at 10pm if I wanted. However, There was also was a mixture of different age group of students I found this to be difficult because the teacher had to make sure the 70 year old knew the content. No discrimination here but I found it kind of set us high school graduates back on being able to be challenged in our college career. At times the professors would stop to re-teach some older adults common math or English and we’d wait for them to come to an understanding. Some classes were very easy and although easy to pass at times I feel I lacked the feeling of learning to the best extent. Additionally, I took online classes and those were great being able to use a canvas platform. So I recommend anyone looking for online school that’s a full timer or parent to look into online schools if that’s for you. Hesser or mount Washington is now shut down. At the end of my degree the computer room and library closed, sports closed the second I was admitted, so those were some downfalls. To the person looking for sports choose a widely known university you know will be there for many more years to Come. Overall the advantages lie on the convenience for me of the classes Working two jobs. Financial aid and academic advising was truly helpful at a time I needed it. My advice for students is to pick two most important things to you when accepted a offer for school. Whether it’s a financially reasonable option, or whether they have the curriculum that your most excited for. Also do the research on many schools and don’t always pick your first choice. Don’t rush always make sure you know that you have plenty of time to make the best choice for you. Also know you have the opportunity to transfer if you find your not getting the education you need

Accelerated programs for nontraditional students.

Accelerated programs for nontraditional students.

If I could go back and give my high school self advice, I would tell her to never doubt her choice to wait to attend college. I remembered being consumed with worry about my future and how I was going to afford college. At 18 I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I took a lot of criticism for waiting to start. However when I look back having to wait has allowed me to accomplish so much during those seven years. This time allowed me to serve in the military and see the world. I believe life is full of choices and those choices, good and bad, define who we become. The choices I’ve made since being a young, shy and inexperienced high school student have transformed me into a woman who knows her worth. I would want my future self to know its ok to take the scenic route on the path to higher education. I would encourage her to look forward to those unique experiences and use them to build a foundation for future education. Untimely don’t worry, you will get there when its time and you will love the journey.

It was an intensive accelerated program that allowed me to graduate in 2.5 years with an A.S. and a B.S.

Victoria

Hesser College offers amny degree programs with a small school feel.

Hesser College offers amny degree programs with a small school feel.

Hesser is centrally located in Manchester New Hampshire. It has easy access to many interesting locations and cultural centers. It recently changed it's name to White Mountain University and began offering Bachelor degree programs.

When I was a high school senior in 1988 my mother was a single parent with two children. Most of my decision about which college to attend was based on what my mother could afford. So I chose a small two year college instead of the four year college I was interested in. I wish I could go back and tell myself to spend more time researching what type of grants and scholarships were available so I could have had more choices for my college education. It has taken me 24 years to be able to go back to school to work toward a Bachelor's degree with the hopes of continuing onto a Master's. I hope to improve my financial situation so that my daughter will not feel as if she cannot choose the college of her dreams. My advice for my high school self (and for my daughter) is to follow your dreams, look for a school that will help you to achieve your goals and dreams, get involved in on-campus activities, make the most of your college experience because once you graduate that feeling of community and friendship is hard to find again.

Diana

If I could go back and talk to myself the advice that I'd give is to study hard now and to put more time into my studies in order to get better grades so I wouldn't have as manysimple classes to pick up in college. I would take time to fill out the scholarships that I had the chance to in order to lower tution fees, sign up for FASFA before its too late and have to work harder than ever to pay for my tution and books. If I would have taken more time in high school and less time in sports that I couldn't participate in, expecally my senior year, I could have gotten better grades meaning a higher GPA and less credits to pick up when I transfer to a junior college. By filling out my FASFA early and not waiting until my second semester I could have saved and been in better shape for more schooling after finishing two years at the junior college. I would diffenatly have put more effort in learning math and worked that much harder in all my subjects. I did not realize how much math matters in LIFE!

ernest

"Enroll in a writing class NOW. You have no idea what those college people are going to expect. I recognize that you think it’s all fun and learning games, but it isn’t. There’s writing, when that’s over be prepared to write some more. And that’s just the mathematics courses. Do you comprehend how numb my fingers are from typing? Yesterday I went to pat the cat and my hand froze above his head, he struggled fruitlessly for ten minutes to raise his back up into my palm. Poor little guy finally gave up, I haven’t seen him since. This morning the dog barked, so I tried to correct his spelling by figuring out if it was a “woof” or a “woff”. It was a “whoof”! I woke up several hours later in a pool of my tears. Right now, as we speak, I’m selecting the appropriate punctuation for all of my sentences. Darn, that needed an exclamation point to bring up the urgency of my comment. Either way, you must begin…at the beginning. Now get out of this video arcade, run into Mrs. Smith’s class and learn, learn like the wind.”

Rebekah

I will be able to get an Associates degree in my field completely online. A regular degree! I get to do the work when I have time. It is a big deal for me because otherwise I would not consider going back to school.

Don't be afraid. Don't be overwhelmed. Just take a deep breath and get started. It may seem like a daunting task with all those applications and their deadlines but take your time and you'll get everything done. A lot of the information you need is repeditive so don't start stressing about all the answers. Relax. Keep moving, keep filling things out. Do a little here and a little there and before you know it you'll have everything done. It is way easier than you think it is.

The flexible schedule, for me, is the best. As a full time employee, it is hard to take time off for school. I have to work to cover my bills and schooling. So Hesser's unique class times as well as the availability of online courses makes working and learning at the same time a possibility for me.

Laurie

The "children" in my classes are Young, have average intelligence, and are disrespectful and lazy.

Laurie, go to a college far away from home and stay there. Fnd scholorships, work study, or loans to make this possible. Do not let the mistakes of your parents affect your future. You are smart and beautiful and can go very far in life. Going back to school at the age of 38 is much more difficult than staying in school at 18. Believe in yourself and stick with the people that believe in you. Stay away from the people that bring you down. You are important to many people, use all the support you can get to go where you need to go. Life is hard, harder than you can even imagine. Having a college education will allow you to go places in life and get the jobs and opportunities that you deserve. You can do whatever you put your mind to.

They do not hire teachers for their teaching skills, they only care if they have a Masters degree. This can be frustrating because ahaving a degree does not mean you can teach. There have been many undesireable teachers.

Benjamin

small classes and helpful teachers.

small classes and helpful teachers.

It is fun learn in class that are small and the teacher very friends. They will help find the answer to any question you have in or out of class

Pick a coruse that will make your heart sing with happiness and you enjoy waking up very morning wanting to go they and make something of your self.

Norman

Let's go back in time and talk to myself...Norman I am telling out of experience that you need not to expect the heavens to fall down and worship you. Especially knowing this is not your first choice or even a choice you intended. Not all colleges are same even though that word "college" is filled of excitement and opportunity. Now that you got that glorified image out your head Its time to think about your transitioning. This will be easy knowing that you want to get away so don't bring your past life with you such as music, style of clothes, and gifts from family, friends, and associates. College is a place to refine yourself and in search of a new direction, memories would only hold you back so think about that. Making friends wouldn't be hard giving the fact that living in the same dorms and on the same campus they come easy. Now when it comes to parties and studies, the one skill I know you have is management. You're going to have to use it to the fullest. This is where the test happens to see if you pass or fail college.

I wish someone would have told me that this isn't going to be your dream school. It's more of your last choice-can't get into a better school. But I guess that is sugar coded when it says it is a year around admission school. If I knew that it would be such low quality I might have step in with a different attitude and mentality.

In my school the worst is that every one seem to be compressed together. The droms are to close to each other, the rooms are small and most are 4 person rooms. Alot of stidents like to know everyone around them but there are also those who like to keep to themselves and focuse on their studies or what ever they are doing at the moment.

Cassandra

Looking back as a high school senior, I didn't know much about college, or college life. I just went with the flow and whatever happened, well, sort of happaned. I didn't have a plan, nor did I know what I wanted to do with my life, but as a college student now, I am on the right track. If I were to be able to go back in time, I would tell myself to begin my searches for colleges, and majors that I would be interested in. I would also tell myself to start looking for different scholorships, and grants that were available to me as a highschool senior. I believe I would have saved a little bit of money. As a high school senior, I would also had applied to more 4 year colleges, due to not having to transfer credits to another college. I know that if I had done so, I would have saved both money, and time. I am quiet happy where I stand as a college student and wouldn't change it, for I have succeeded and plan to continue on my path.

I think the best thing about my school is the people and the environment. Attending a school in a ruff neighborhood makes things more uncomfortable. I anjoy the staff at Hesser college and love the Criminal Justice Degree Program! Online or at the campus, they are both great!

I think any kind of person should attend this college, especially someone who cannot afford another college. Hesser is beyond one of the cheapest private colleges around, and is a great college. If I were to choose a person to attend this college I would probably choose someone that needs affordability, likes smaller classes with a more one on one experience, and/or someone that enjoys online classes.

• $0

Mount Washington College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.