Muskegon, MI
Muskegon Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Muskegon Community College

Taryn

Overall, Muskegon Community College is an okay school. They are not at the bottom of the list but they are not close to the top either. The people who attend are normally just looking to get an associates degree and move on. There is not any one campus housing and the sports at the school are weak.

FaithAnn
Muskegon Community College Life

Muskegon Community College Life

MCC is a community college that caters to so many different people. It is not like a traditional University that would be primarily young aspiring adults, it also is a place for older adults to continue their education. That being said, their experience and knowledge helps other students during class discussions to get a feel of the real world. No matter what campus you go to MCC professors and its students seem to always have YOUR best interest before their own and want to see you succeed. Most students attend for two years to receive their associates and then transfer, but some stay to work toward a bachelor! No matter a students desired academic or career path, Muskegon Community College advisers, counselors, and professors are there to help students with every step. MCC offers classes that challenge students' minds and as a whole college, strives toward a brighter future by educating, empowering, and encouraging each person that walks its halls.

Khailey

A nice school for students planning on transferring to a four year university.

A nice school for students planning on transferring to a four year university.

They come from all different backgrounds making lectures more interesting.

Do not procrastinate! Take notes. Ask questions. Make friends! College is completely different than high school no matter what anyone says. Don't be afraid to branch out. In college you can start almost a whole new identity if you want to. Don't be embarassed or feel less than others if you choose a Community College over a University. You'll realize that despite you not wanting to go there, you are saving tens of thousands of dollars verses your friends at main Universities.

Antony

This school is a great choice to began with. The classes are small around 30 students. Teachers are easy to reach and communicate with. The school is somewhat diverse. It is cheap and transferable credits.

People are outgoing and like to have fun. Like every school you have different kinds for grounds of people.

Bethany

I would tell myself to save as much money as possible because college is no walk in the park (cost wise). I would also tell myself to stay on my grades, and don't procrastinate so much that I'm up until all hours. Not getting enough sleep is one huge thing that took a toll on my mental, emotional, and physical states. Another very important thing I would tell myself, is to stay off of social media. That was such a distraction for me, and I could have focused more and done better in my math classes if I would have placed as much thought as I could into everything.

The worst thing about my school is how chaotic the parking lot can get. The parking lot is set up in a strange way that forces drivers to drive in a crooked line until they reach a good parking space. This can cause havoc in the winter time especially.

I brag to my friends about how it is such a nice school for being a public, 2 year school. I tell them about how I learn well there, and how the things I continue to learn are very useful.

Shelby

I would tell myself to never be afraid. College is a big step, and can be scary and stressful. It is a time in your life when you most need your friends and family for the support. You go to school for 12 years in a school ditract choosen for you. This is one of the first big kid things you do. Do not let money hold you back, but do be smart. If you get 75% of your college paid for, go to that college! Go have and experience. Lastly, do not let the ACT define you. It is a standardized test, not everyone is supposed to do amazing on it. It tells you who is book smart and who can retain information they are given. Shoot for the moon, and if you miss at least you will be in with the stars!

The worst thing about MCC is the parking. In the winter you can't see the lines, so people take up a normal two parking spots for one car.

Most students say they do not like going to community college because it is just like high school again. I have to disagree. I love going to community college, seeing my friends is great and the professors are very caring and get to know you.

The students at Muskegon Community College are mostly athletes

Antonette

I would tell myself to stay focused and get a college degree; you will need it. I would also tell myself, to manage my time wisely. Last, I would tell myself to continue working hard. Even though my high school tactics are not working, as far as studying habits, and preparing for test, try new methods and don't be afraid to ask for help.

melanie

This school does not have housing for its students. therefore there is not a food program either. but it allows students of all ages to join...and participate in the classroom...and we can work on campus to help pay for our schooling. what is different about this school is that it was made like a boat. the floors are numbered as if the building was a boat. instead of them being numbered as you go up...they are numbered as you go down...so the floor underneath one is two and etc. one side is odd and other even.

i would tell myself to look up and fill out more scholarships so i could obtain more than enough funds to go to school. i think that starting out in a community college is best for any student so they can gain the experience of college life and organization. i would tell myself to get a job and a vehicle so as i am not depending on other people...i would tell myself to grow up and gain the ability to speak up... be able to make friends because those are the ones that are going to make sure that you have a memorable experience at school while attending. they will help you in your studies and listen to your obstacles in life maybe helping you out along the way. i would tell myself to maintain the great student skills i obtained in highschool and not to get bit by the procrastinating bug like i did.

it is very affordable...and very easy to maintain enough money using pell grants in order to cover the educations of so many students. the classes are prepared well, and most of the teacher's seem to care about their career and not the money it provides...most of teachers also work in other departments as well...and other schools which provide them with information that we may not know from other students in other schools..which is always fun.

Muskegon Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.