Mansfield, OH
North Central State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend North Central State College

Jenna

A small community college with small class sizes. Easy to get to class, small campus. Nice starter school to obtain an associate degree prior to transferring to to a university. Instructors are willing to help. Curriculum and expectations is easier then bigger universities. Advisors are easy to talk to.

Timothy

North Central Is The Best College I Would Go Too.

North Central Is The Best College I Would Go Too.

I enrolled in North Central State College as a senior in high school. I participated in the post-secondary program, and was given the opportunity to earn college credits prior to graduating. My family often struggled financially, and I jumped at the opportunity to take college classes for free. I am the first person in my family to attend college, and I was extremely hopeful and excited to move forward with my academics. North Central State College provided me with an inexpensive education, small class sizes, high-quality professors and faculty who care about the students, and an overall positive learning environment. One of my favorite aspects of this college is that they make people of all ages feel comfortable coming back to school. Many of my classes consist of individuals who vary greatly in age. This has significantly improved classroom discussions, because each student is able to offer a different perspective based on their experiences. I will be graduating from this college with my two-year degree in Social Work, and I feel extremely grateful for the professors and staff who made sure that I was on the track to success.

Jacob

I thoroughly enjoy North Central State College. Anyone who is looking for a two year Associates degree, I definitely recommend going here. The professors really enjoy getting to know the students and help them with homework. Students here perform in every class to the best of their ability.

David

Decide WHERE you are going to college early. Most colleges have deadlines for scholarships in the winter. If you want any kind of scholarship, plan on spending time looking at the college website to find out scholarship and academic choices. Get your personal recommendation people and have them give a reference letter you can send in . There are many decisions coming up that YOU need to make. It is a good idea to make sure you have someone available to help you. When I graduate this spring from H/S, I will also graduate from college with an Associate's degree. It has been a very demanding program and I haven't had time to do all I needed to do to for my next 4 yrs. My mother became sick , needed surgery on her spine due to a medical condition. She has not been able to help me with all of these choices that need made. I almost died at birth, and was awarded a trust fund to pay for medical expenses , but the college sees that as "just money" in my account and they have denied me most scholarships, even though I have a 3.5gpa. Thank you,

North Central is a great place for non-traditional students. I have been able to continue working at least part time while attending school this is necessary for me so that I may continue to provide for my children. The school offers many online and evening classes.

I would tell myself to attend college immediately instead of waiting 18 years to do so. My reason for not going to college right out of high school, believe it or not, is because I didn't know how. I didn't have parents to help me with the process and thought I would never have enough money. I would tell myself that where there is a will there is a way. I would say it is possible, I had no idea how to apply for grants, loans, or any kind of financial aid. I would make sure the right questions were asked and I would tell myself to get help from people who knew how to do it. I now try to assist everyone I can in the process. I would tell myself to seek guidance from the college and high school counselors. I would make sure that I knew how to reach my goal and not let it take me 20+ years to finally get there. Better late than never, but had I gone right out of high school, I wouldn't have faced the financial struggles and hardships I have faced.

Persons looking to obtain a degree taht is not offered should not attend North Central State College.

christian

The price of school as well as the academics.

The price of school as well as the academics.

I would have to tell myself that college is not high school, so don't act as many students will. You are there to get an education for your future and i must act as a young adult would.

Anyone who has the will or desire to make one's life more educated and skilled.

bethany

Well if i could back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would definitely tell myself to work alot harder than i did. i struggled alot with getting homework done. I wish I had studied harder and longer for tests and quizes. I'd tell myself to go for as many scholarships as I can. I'd tell myself considering I still work at a Hospital to actually save my money and not waste it on worthless crap. I'd tell myself to try and be more social because now I feel like it's hard to fit in and it's hard to make friends. But the more you experience things like college adds another impression to your life. I'd tell myself definitely to cherish that last year in High School and not take advantage of the time I had with my classmates before its graduation day and we all go our separate ways.

The school i go to is a good one to attend for those who can't afford a big school that costs lots of money. It's a nice school with plenty of good teachers. It's not too crowded like in most schools how it's over 150 or so students. At north central the biggest class is like 20 some that's it. It's a nice school, though they don't have every major, it's a good school to attend.

The most frustrating thing about North Central is living with your parents and how you can't get a pell grant because your income plus your parents is too much. That is one confusing thing to me. I also get frustrated with the major I am going for, which is Digital Arts, I am not sure if that would exactly pertain to my dream of directing/producing movies. I get frustrated because they have a major like journalism and then it's no longer available to go for. But that's life, no schools perfect.

North Central State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.