Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

Finding where you belong. There is for sure a club for you but you have to put the effort into finding it.

What's the hardest thing about freshman year?

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

I go to a small campus, not just that but we have many philanthropies and many beliefs . We all come together to help the next with their belief. I find that so amazing. Sex violence, breast cancer, peer pressure , everything its absolutely amazing.

Every kind of person, everybody can do it you just have to work for it. But if you have an amazing support system everything will be amazing.

zoe
The Place to Invest

The Place to Invest

I love Northern Kentucky University. I had no idea what I wanted to do when I first started here, but through the classes offered and the knowledge available it couldn't of have been easier to decide. The atmosphere of the students is great, there is so much diversity everywhere you look. The campus is absolutely the beautiful and well kept. We recently built a new rec center which is the talk on campus. Its absolutely stunning and there is something for everyone. If you're looking for a club to join well we have over 200 organizations to meet anyone and everyone's interests. This college goes above and beyond for its students from the scholarships to academics and even to athletics no aspect is overlooked. The students here have voices more then I've ever seen. Its so nice to have a school that listens and takes action. When I have a problem or just a doubt I can easily have it resolved within the day. There are so many opportunities and options here that you can just dive right in. Its a upcoming school and in the next few years you'll wish you had been here sooner.

Justin
Justin boesherz's review

Justin boesherz's review

NKU gives a lot of great opportunity for students of all ages. Over the past 10 years the campus has grown and given way for so much more than a commuter school. I attended NKU in 2004 as a fresh and there were no where near the same facilities and opportunities at my disposal. After returning in 2013 to finish my degree I was amazed to see the changes. There is a much more welcome feel to this school along with an inviting vibe that tells students they can hang out on campus, study, meet new people , and enjoy college life and not feel like they have to leave right after class. The atmosphere brings more desire for education and has increased the desire to attend NKU as well.

Tiana
NKU

NKU

I have been going to school here for about four weeks now, I can't really say I love it because that can't be determined yet. But, I enjoy coming to school and being in class. All my professors have been very helpful and polite. The students here are somewhat friendly, and I have learned if you want to get involved you should really consider joining a fraternity or sorority. I am more interested in academics so I'm not in greek life or in any clubs. This school seems great and I can't wait to spend the next four years here.

abbie
I love NKU

I love NKU

NKU is a very diverse school, everyone is different and its the coolest thing ever. Its not like most universities everyone is super friendly and fun to be around. Always something to do after classes. The rec center is amazing!

ESTRA
MONEY PIT

MONEY PIT

None of the current employees in the student account or financial aid nor advising care about your financial status. They will take your money even if you dropped the class and they fail to explain practically 100% of how to maintain your money and not waste it. The student account services are so quick to charge you to their "payment plan" without revising your account or contacting you about the issue. NKU WILL TAKE EVERY DIME YOU HAVE SAVED UP. Summer classes are a terrible idea unless mommy and daddy are willing to pay tremendous amounts of money for lousy/vain classes. The only employees worth anything are the Professors, Part-time instructors and janitorial/concession workers. The rest are illiterate non-degree or associates degree students posing as your peers who do not have a clue. They waste your time, place you in pointless costly courses and offer no help for their mistakes. I've personally gone through six different advisors who contradict each other and belittle their judgements. Working with NKU's advisors and student services is like herding cats, IMPOSSIBLE!

Curtis
A Push in the Right Direction

A Push in the Right Direction

Before I came to NKU, I was a student through KCTCS. After some deep thought and consideration, I finally chose to come to NKU. From the other reviews I had noticed, Northern Kentucky seemed to be a great area to thrive in while still living in a smaller community. Everyone here seems to be very well rounded and can discuss just about any issue going on in today's society. This is only my first year with Northern Kentucky University, I can gladly say it won't be my last.

Jesse

I would tell myself to focus harder on my studies, because I can't slack off and still get straight 100s like I did in high school. Also, I would tell myself not to take a job at Wendy's because it is not worth it in the long run; I should focus on my studies while I am in college. If I did that my first year, I would have a perfect 4.0 GPA now, easily. I would tell myself that not to spend so much money on CDs, because I will need the money for medical emergencies. I would tell myself to always be willing to learn from other people. I would tell myself to eat less fast food. I would tell myself to enjoy the summer, because it is the best time of the year. Finally, I would tell myself to take it easy, not let my cynicism get the best of me, treat people right, and enjoy living and learning. College is the best place for both things.

A person who excels academically and takes their studying seriously beyond just wanting to have a successful career.

Alexandra

I feel like my school hasnt forgotten about the arts like most other non-art focused universities. Its nice to have student art around campus and for my artistic friends to share with me all the time they have to really work on what they love.

I would defnitely, definitely tell myself to learn how to study effeciently and to be more involved with extra cirriculars. I turn 20 in less than a month and I'm just now getting involved in activities (mostly athletic) that I would be great at now if I had interest in it in high school. I was one of those quiet, awkward, shy kids that stuck to myself and friends I had already been friends with for years. Not that I don't adore my friends now , it'd just be nice to be able to make new ones. With studying, I was always one of the smart kids who 'didn't need to study to get an A'. That completely changed in college because classes are much more rigorous and book orientated. I would definitely slap my past self for being so arrogant and sit her down and show her nifty study techniques (like not highlighting every sentence) and show her what to study in text books.

That i'm really able to schedule my classes on my own terms. I have an odd work schedule (2 12 hour nights per week) and I can schedule a good majority of classes in the evening or even choose to take a good amount of them online to accomodate my other schedules. Not a lot of science/health majors at other schools have that I feel.

Lori

Anyone can attend NKU, but it has been extremely helpful for me because of the amount of online courses available. I am able to obtain my Bachelor of Science degree while working full time and around my work schedule. So in my opinion, I think if someone is looking to obtain a degree but has a schedule that is not very flexible, NKU is a good college to look into.

As I said above, the amount of online courses available is what is best for me. I am able to obtain my B.S. in Health Science from my home and still continue to work full time and take care of my family. The advisors are great as well.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.