Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Krysta

Even more than the sheer amount of knowledge and the ability to move forward in my education and career plans that attending college has granted me, I've been gifted with much more important life lessons along the way. The value of giving everybody a chance, especially teachers (sometimes the teacher who shows up twenty minutes late is the one who was helping a student and lost track of time). The beauty in diversity, and the richness and vibrancy that it brings to not just a classroom, but to the world. The importance of listening, of analyzing, and of truly hearing what other people have to say. The power of community, and the ability of just one person to make an unforgettable impact on the life of so very many others. When I first told my friends of my intentions to attend a community college before moving on to a four-year university, the scoffed and said that my education would be sub-par. I can honestly say, with all of my heart, that they were wrong. In the past couple of years, I have grown more than I could have possibly imagined, and for that I'm beyond grateful.

Robin

The unique thing about Northern Kentucky University that other schools lacked is the size of the campus and the size of the class rooms. NKU has 15,000 students this year and still maintains having small classes so the student can really work with the professor.

I have gotten many valuable lessons out of college so far.

Northern Kentucky University is filled with all sorts of different students. There are 70 bachelor's degrees so you can imagain the variety of people. Everyone should be interested in attening this school if you are dedicated and willing to work torwards a higher education.

I'm only a freshman this year but that doesn't mean i havn't gotten a lot out of my experience so far at college. I've learned that even though college may be stressful it is totally worth all the struggles and lack of sleep. I chose to be here and attend college so im going to take the challenges my teachers give me and prove that i have a purpose here and want to succeed and get a good job after four years of hard work. I've also learned that college life isn't what people think it is. College life is a lot harder than you think, i am constantly working and writting papers, etc. It has been very valuable for me to attend college because i want to succeed and recieve my diploma and bachlors degree in graphic design and take what i've learned and apply it to a fantastic job that not only helps me to provide for my future family but also a job that i enjoy. College is all about the hard work and it all pays off in the end when you walk accross that stage diploma in hand!

I wish i had known that college is more stressful because of the amount of work and how little of time you get to complete that work, however i think the amount they give us in that little amount of time is a challenge for us and i think it's worth the stress.

The best thing about my school is the number of students that go to Northern Kentucky University. Because There arn't a lot of students who go here the class ratio is small and i love that because it alows me to really get to know my teacher and the other students in my class so i become comfortable in my classroom setting.

Josh

nku has a small class atmosphere and allows for a more one on meeting with the teacher in the classroom.

college has really prepared me by keepin me organized and really opening my eyes to that people will not just hand you things. u have to earn it through past experience and hard work. its a big eye opener that everyone needs to experience to be ready for life. it prepares you for life and all of its obstacles. college has just shown me how to keep myself organized and prepared me for life events such as my career and financial organization.

one that does not do well in a smaller classroom environment.

Chelsea

I have learned so much by attending college. I have learned who my true friends are, how to write good research papers, and how to apply what I have learned in the classroom to real life events and experiences. I feel that my experience in college will help me in my future dreams and goals, such as my career, my family, my religion, and my community. These few things mean alot to me, because I need all of them to excel in my life. I plan on taking what I have learned at Northern Kentucky University and applying every piece of information to my life in some way. Attending school is a great step, but it is not the only step that needs to be made, the next step is to take in as much knowledge as possible. I plan to spend my life helping others, and I feel that I have the knowledge to do so, because I have made the decision to absorb the information in college.

The worst thing about this school is the availability of parking and the cost of the parking permits keep increasing by a ton.

Kristen

Thinking back to my senior year in high school I would have given myself some very useful advice. I would have told myself to visit several college campuses and really explore my options. I would have told myself to apply for as many grants and scholarships as possible. But, most of all I would have told myself, as a high school senior, to go away to college and enjoy the experience. These are all things that I did not have the knowledge to do as a high school senior, but now as a single mom of three young children, this is the advice I wish I would have had.

I wish I would have know before coming to Northern Kentucky University that it would take several weeks for my financial aid to be awarded.

This is my first term at Northern Kentucky University so I have not had too many experiences to lable "the worst thing" about the University. If I had to choose one however, I would have to say that it would be the speed at which the financial aid office prepares your financial aid package is rather slow.

Marquita

I f I were to go back in time and talk to myself about the college process I would tell myself to explore as many colleges as possible. By exploring multiple colleges I would expose myself to multiple offers for scholarships that would help to narrow my choices. In the process I would visit many of the colleges to see how people interact, meet people and professional staff. I would also suggest that if I had any doubts, staying home for the first two years of college is an option. I could attend the community college at a cheaper rate and get the experience of taking college courses. This option would provide for a smoother transition to a larger college or university and possibly better scholarship opportunities. Above all I would tell myself to move at a pace that allows me to excel at all times.

A person shouldn't attend this school if they do not have the time to dedicate to studying, traveling for outside experiance or group work. This is also not the school of choice if a person expects smaller classrooms.

I wish I had known how many times I would need to meet with an advisor, the character of the professors and structure of classrooms. before coming to this school. Also I wish I had known the amount of outside travel needed to complete assignments.

Mallory

I think what I would tell myself is just to be prepared for anything and whatever comes your way, and also to be as open as I can be and accepting as I can be. If you feel strongly about something and want to do it, don't be afraid to show who you really are. Do what you want to do with your life, and not what everyone else wants to do, because in the end you will come back to that thing you live. So just stick with what you want to do, and for your own good read, read, read, and be prepared to read some more. Don't worry about the mean people, because you will find that for every mean person there a hundred nice ones that you want to be your friend. Believe what you believe and think for yourself, because no one is going to do it for you and people will try to change you in a way that you don't want. You know that you are strong, so trust in yourself to be as strong like you know you are and you can overcome it all.

I think the worst thing about my school, at the moment, would just be the updating of new technology and not really explaining it well enough to faculty and staff that are supposed to use it. Many times I have gone into a class where we need to use new projectors to watch a movie or show a powerpoint, and they do not know how to work it if something goes wrong. Each classroom is set up different too, so that does not help if they only know how to use one kind of machine and have a different classroom.

I don't think a very close minded person should attend this school. Everyone is very open here and I don't think they would get along well with others. A person can believe whatever they want to, but if they cannot tolerate or understand others and what they believe or think they will not do very well here in my opinion.

Aimee

I would tell myself that college isn't going to be as difficult as all the high school teachers say it is going to be. Don't stress yourself out about it and enjoy your senior year. I would also tell myself to try to keep a job throught senior year so that you are more financially stable in college.

Trying to find balance between work, school, and play. I take 17 hours this semester so it is hard for me to find time to work and make the money I need to pay for school and food, and also to spend time with my family and friends.

I wish I would have knowwn more about the cost of everything. That way I could have saved up more money for books, food, etc.

Josh

Northern Kentucky is a smaller university focused on community and academics.

Northern Kentucky is a smaller university focused on community and academics.

Of all the things I have learned in my varied experiences throughout the years. the most important piece of advice I could give would be to get involved. Whether it be with service organizations, intramural sports, or greek life, explore the campus and all it has to offer. Not only do you make great friends but it is a phenomenal source for networking that can be useful later in life.

Anyone can attend this school. It has a small town atmosphere with big city amenities nearby.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.