Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Mallory

I think what I would tell myself is just to be prepared for anything and whatever comes your way, and also to be as open as I can be and accepting as I can be. If you feel strongly about something and want to do it, don't be afraid to show who you really are. Do what you want to do with your life, and not what everyone else wants to do, because in the end you will come back to that thing you live. So just stick with what you want to do, and for your own good read, read, read, and be prepared to read some more. Don't worry about the mean people, because you will find that for every mean person there a hundred nice ones that you want to be your friend. Believe what you believe and think for yourself, because no one is going to do it for you and people will try to change you in a way that you don't want. You know that you are strong, so trust in yourself to be as strong like you know you are and you can overcome it all.

I think the worst thing about my school, at the moment, would just be the updating of new technology and not really explaining it well enough to faculty and staff that are supposed to use it. Many times I have gone into a class where we need to use new projectors to watch a movie or show a powerpoint, and they do not know how to work it if something goes wrong. Each classroom is set up different too, so that does not help if they only know how to use one kind of machine and have a different classroom.

I don't think a very close minded person should attend this school. Everyone is very open here and I don't think they would get along well with others. A person can believe whatever they want to, but if they cannot tolerate or understand others and what they believe or think they will not do very well here in my opinion.

Aimee

I would tell myself that college isn't going to be as difficult as all the high school teachers say it is going to be. Don't stress yourself out about it and enjoy your senior year. I would also tell myself to try to keep a job throught senior year so that you are more financially stable in college.

Trying to find balance between work, school, and play. I take 17 hours this semester so it is hard for me to find time to work and make the money I need to pay for school and food, and also to spend time with my family and friends.

I wish I would have knowwn more about the cost of everything. That way I could have saved up more money for books, food, etc.

Josh

Northern Kentucky is a smaller university focused on community and academics.

Northern Kentucky is a smaller university focused on community and academics.

Of all the things I have learned in my varied experiences throughout the years. the most important piece of advice I could give would be to get involved. Whether it be with service organizations, intramural sports, or greek life, explore the campus and all it has to offer. Not only do you make great friends but it is a phenomenal source for networking that can be useful later in life.

Anyone can attend this school. It has a small town atmosphere with big city amenities nearby.

Erwin

If i could go back in time as a high school senior and talk to myself i would advise myself to take more AP classes because it would be worth it to get some college credits out of the way while i can. I would also advise myself that even though you might have your mind set on one college, have as many back ups as you can because you never know what might happen. Also when apply for those schools also apply for scholarships and see which school is willing to pay for most of your school, because when it comes down to it most of your colleges choices are really good schools, it's just the matter of what's going to be cheaper for you!

The best thing about Northern Kentucky is my classes! The classes are small and intimate and unlike some colleges, i'm able to interrupt teachers during lessons and ask questions. Also i have different varity of classes whether it be discussions, lectures, labs, or performances; i learn in several different ways.

The most Frustrating thing about my school is that it's a commuter school. Being that it's a commuter school not that many students live on campus. As much as i like this school, its kind of hard to develop a social life because there's not that many campus events that go on and the campus events that do happen there's not that many participants because most students live off campus

I have learned a lesson about college life that I feel not many have had to learn as of yet. College is wonderful for self-discovery and meeting new people, but one thing it is not ment for is distractions. It's too easy to become caught up in the wrong social network of people, making your priorities out of line. Due to some wrong choices my first year, I became a single mother and had to take a break and now I am working harder than ever to get myself and my life back on track. A good college doesn't only teach you the academic aspects, but also gives you the resources to obtain the necessary discpline for your chosen field. If I would've have know before that I would be where I am now, despite the fact my daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me, I would've applied myself the first time, partied less, and taken advantage of the tools at my fingertips to teach myself discipline, I could've easily avoided the disaster I endured. In retrospect, everything I needed to succeed was there. It's time to reapply myself.

NKU is best suited for students who want to truly excel in their chosen course of study but learn best in a smaller environment. While the student body is rapidly growing in size, the professors and staff as a whole work very hard to ensure that each student is given a personal experience by providing us with the resources and tools we need as an individual, not as a demographic. The professors are great, the classroom sizes are small, and I am given a rigorous academic path that I have no doubt will prepare me for my future.

I feel I was inadequately prepared for exactly how different college life is compared to high school. In high school, an individual is given a fairly minimal amount of responsibility compared to the amount given to you in college. That's why I feel that so many students become overwhelmed at first, including myself. Had it not been for my advisor, my professors, and the wonderful health department, I may have not easily overcome such a hurdle.

Myeshia

The best thing that Northern Kentucky University is best known for low tuition. This school is a dream that came true. I love the fact that Northern Kentucky has low tuition, diversity, and excellent academics. I come from a family who makes less than 15,000 a year. This school gives me an opportunity to have a good quality education. I also love the diversity here. I came from a diverse high school which made the transition easy. Last, I love the fact that Northern Kentucky University has teachers who care and want you to succeed.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about college, I would do it in a heartbeat. I made the mistake of not having any money for college. I also made the mistake of not applying for any scholarships. I was accepted to Northern Kentucky University and at the last minute went to another university that was way out of my price range. I went to that school for a semester and came back to NKU. My advice for anybody is being well prepared. Make sure you have applied for any and every scholarship you can. Work hard last year in high school, so that your transition to college be easy. Don't try to join every organization that the college has to offer. Don't be embarrassed to go to a tutor for help. My last piece of advice is being smart. Make wise decisions and remember you are paying for an education don't waste your money.

It is really hard to think of something bad about this school. Northern Kentucky University is all that I wanted in a school. If I had to come up with something bad about this school, I would have to say that they could use a football team.

Breana

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself knowing what I know now would be to use time management wisely, pay attention to what the teachers say, and learn effective study habits. If I had realized how important time management was would have saved me alot of energy from sleepless nights and also improved my grades from having enough time to do them appropriately. Paying attention to my teachers would have helped alot because they were only there to help me and prepare me for what my college professors were going to expect from me, listening more closely would have eliminated alot of questions i had on the first day of classes. Lastly, learning effective study habits for myself would have been helpful, now i'm wasting time and putting my grades in jeopardy by trying to recognize which studying technques work best for me to help me be the student i can be and achieve to my fullest potential.

The type of person that shouldn't attend this school are students who want to be really involved in campus, or want to have a lot of thing to do and the opportunity to meet new people. This campus is pretty small, with not many activities and majority of the students commute.

The worst thing is that there isn't much of a social life and majority of the campus commutes so you're not really able to meet that many new people and get the full effect of all the different backgrounds on campus.

Katelyn

Hey! Don?t be afraid the first week of college it gets better as the semester goes on. You might also want to commute or get a dorm with your own room or an individual dorm room, otherwise your first week of college you will move twice and then move back home. You didn?t have such good roommates. Remember confidence is the key to success. Students try to make you think you won?t make it into the nursing program, but they are wrong all you need is confidence and determination. You will always want to study no matter what. It will be such a relief and rewarding at the end of the semester. Always follow your beliefs and values. Lastly get involved and join a sorority don?t wait for the following year.

Any student who likes not a small school but not a large school. Someone who likes a close-knit environment. A student who is interested in a small classroom environment. A student you likes being able to meet with the professor outside of class. The person can be shy or outgoing and love the campus and the experience of it. A person who doesn't mind a quiet campus on the weekends since it?s a primary commuter college.

About how small my classes are. How we have really good food and variety of food. The professors have to have office hours to help students. There are no teacher assistances. The school has one of the best nursing programs in Greater Cincinnati area. There is always somewhere to go and do. That my school isn?t in the city but not in the middle of nowhere either.

Devon

My school is unique because it is a campus that cares for it's students and faculty alike. Most classes are small which gives time for the professors to actually get to establish a relationship with students. Unlike many large big name universities, the proffessors here actually care about each student and do all that they can to help. The people here are friendly and NKU simply seems to be overall a closeknit communtiy.

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior self I would tell myself not to worry. New people are easy to meet. It's not difficult to navigate around campus, you only get lost a couple of times in the beginning. Ten minutes between classes is plently enough time, as long as your teacher lets you out on time. Do your homework, especially the mountains of reading assignments given each day, I know it's hard and boring, but it'll benefit you in the end. Do not procrastinate. Study! Study! Study! Living on campus isn't so bad; it's actually nice if you get along with your room mate. You have to look out for yourself, you have freedom now, but you also have so many responsibilities. It's okay to now know what you want to do; don't let it stress you out. Being undeclared gives you the freedom to explore many interesting classes, some that you never thought you would take, but they end up being your favorites. Spend your money wisely; college is expensive. Apply for as many scholarhips as you can. Don't forget to have fun.

The best thing about my school is the fact that the professors here actually care. If you have a problem they themselves will try to help you, or will point you in the direction of someone else who can help. I was nervous about college because I thought that, not knowing anyone, if I had a problem, that no one would help me. I quickly learned that that was not the case. I think that in a larger school it would be much more difficult to get help right when you need it most.

The most unique thing about my school compared to other schools is the small classroom sizes and that the teachers here really care about their students and their success in the classroom. As well as the cost of tution here. The tution is less than many of the other colleges I was looking at attending.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life and making the transition from high school and college the one thing I will tell myself is that I should take more time out to study now and get used to the hard work. I really haven't been the type to sit myself down and do a lot of reading and studying, now that I am in college I must do a lot of it and I now find myself struggling to stay focused when studying because I am not really used to it. I believe if I had the chance to go back in time and tell myself to get in the habit of studying more then I most likely wouldn't be having a hard time focusing on studying.

The worst thing about my school will be the cafeteria food. They seem to have the same thing in the cafeteria everyday.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.