Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Kristina

I have gotten a lot out of attending college. Learning more about that I want to major in. Sociology is the best thing for a Social Worker because you learn how groups work, but also physiology is also a main thing because you learn how individuals work. The main thing is that when you attend college your looking for a better life in the future with a career you love. Also, to better better yourself in achieving a major goal to graduate and have a job that you will enjoy doing for the rest of your love.

Jesse

I have received a better understanding of the world and it has enlightened me in all aspects of life. Prior to college, different subjects seemed isolated from one another, almost as if different colors did not transition from one another on the spectrum. These different subjects that I once thought were wildly different began to bleed together in a way that I believed few could see. Unlike many aspects in life, college is there for one to grow intellectually. My mind was thirsty for knowledge after being bored throughout highschool and I was able to quench that thirst. The college experience has taught me responsibility, independence, and most importantly, motivation. I have never been so motivated to learn more than what I have felt during college and I cannot imagine my life without such drive. Most people decided to stop growing and to settle, I have chosen to expand at a substantial rate.

Northern Kentucky University's professors care more about thier students success than their research. The class sizes are small and professors are excited to teach students. Even the most boring of subjects are made interesting by NKU professors. The staff goes out of their way to help each individual student with any and all problems that arise. NKU has a diverse student body with different styles, ethnic backgrounds, and unique ways of thinking. I like that in my classrooms there is conversation and students arn't afraid to speak up and participate.

There are so many things that I have gotten out of my college experience. Friends, opportunites, and the things I learned are just a few. The ability to use higher level thinking in ways that I never thought possible is probably the most valuable reason to attend college.

I wish I would have known more about thier Greek Life program, and how to get invovled.

Bill

The experiences and direction i have recieved from attending college is unmeasurable. To elaborate, i have never had an outline for life. I have never considered the future in any great detail. due to my recent college experiece i have gone from no ambition or purpose to an unstoppable force in the world of acedemia. I do not know where i would be in this world currently with out my new found focus. i am currently finishing my second year at the community college level, chasing three different majors; business, mathematics, and engineering. i do not only plan to change my stars, but aspire to be a positive role model for my community and country. If i only had a clearer understanding of life and the trials and tribulations necessary to be a successful person in society today. The values i have gained in college will ensure a life of endless possibilities, rather than a clouded stifled journey spinning out of control with no real direction or purpose. Thanks a Millon, Bill Jim Tew

Kelly

I have gotten a lot from my college experience thus far. First and foremost, I have learned a lot in a variety of subjects and discovered my passion for psychology. A good education is what I expected from attending college, what I didn't expect was the friendships I've made, the professors I've met, and the self actualization that comes along with the college process. While some friendships end when the semester is over, I have made some very good friends I hope to keep throughout my life. My professors have inspired me and interested me in a way that makes me want to be a big contributor to society. So far, after just three semesters of college, I have done a lot of maturing and figuring out who I am and what I want in life. In high school I didn't have any goals for myself, and that made me feel insignificant. Now that I know I can be more than just a student or an employee, I push myself to excel in life and set goals for myself.

I tell my friend about how convenient NKU is to everything. It is just 5 miles away from downtown Cincinnati, has many restaurants nearby, and a lot of places to go during the weekends for entertainment. Aside from it's great location, it is one of the least expensive universities I've looked into. Usually you would think cheaper would make it not as good as the more expensive, but NKU doesn't compromise its quality. It's a private school education at a public school price.

The best thing is that teachers get to know you for who you are, not just a face with no name. All of my professors have been friendly and don't hesitate to go out of their way when I have a question or need further explination. My advisor is the same way. Before I decided to major in Psychology, my advisor sat down with me and we discussed different options, majors, and careers that major would open up for me.

Joy

My school is a great learning enviroment for college education, very beautiful and has very friendly and welcoming people.

I'm a student majoring in International Studies and a Political Science minor. The aim of most college students is to get the most out of their education, and that is exactly what my college provides. Class sizes are small, giving each student a chance to express their opinions as well as get to know their professors on a deeper level. The lessons are interactive, providing a great learning environment. As an incoming freshman, I was quite unsure about what my college experience would be like. However in college, I found friends I know I will keep for a lifetime. As an entrepreneur, I enjoy being involved on campus in ways that use and enhance my leadership abilities. The highlight of my time at NKU has definitely been my experience studying abroad. Thankfully due to a scholarship award offered by the international students office, which paid my trip, I had the opportunity to work with a school in Mexico as part of a service learning project over spring break. My time abroad had an immeasurable impact on my life. Not only that, but adding these experiences to my résumé will allow for many more career opportunities in the future.

I love NKU for its diversity. It has students and faculty of different cultures and race and gender. In addition to achieving academic excellence, students also get to experience and learn different cultures. I always tell my friends about the size of our classrooms and how much time th professors make for each student. The main goal of this school is to students succeed.NKU campus is one of the cleanest i have seen and it really is a safe enviroment for young students.

Krysta

Even more than the sheer amount of knowledge and the ability to move forward in my education and career plans that attending college has granted me, I've been gifted with much more important life lessons along the way. The value of giving everybody a chance, especially teachers (sometimes the teacher who shows up twenty minutes late is the one who was helping a student and lost track of time). The beauty in diversity, and the richness and vibrancy that it brings to not just a classroom, but to the world. The importance of listening, of analyzing, and of truly hearing what other people have to say. The power of community, and the ability of just one person to make an unforgettable impact on the life of so very many others. When I first told my friends of my intentions to attend a community college before moving on to a four-year university, the scoffed and said that my education would be sub-par. I can honestly say, with all of my heart, that they were wrong. In the past couple of years, I have grown more than I could have possibly imagined, and for that I'm beyond grateful.

Robin

The unique thing about Northern Kentucky University that other schools lacked is the size of the campus and the size of the class rooms. NKU has 15,000 students this year and still maintains having small classes so the student can really work with the professor.

I have gotten many valuable lessons out of college so far.

Northern Kentucky University is filled with all sorts of different students. There are 70 bachelor's degrees so you can imagain the variety of people. Everyone should be interested in attening this school if you are dedicated and willing to work torwards a higher education.

I'm only a freshman this year but that doesn't mean i havn't gotten a lot out of my experience so far at college. I've learned that even though college may be stressful it is totally worth all the struggles and lack of sleep. I chose to be here and attend college so im going to take the challenges my teachers give me and prove that i have a purpose here and want to succeed and get a good job after four years of hard work. I've also learned that college life isn't what people think it is. College life is a lot harder than you think, i am constantly working and writting papers, etc. It has been very valuable for me to attend college because i want to succeed and recieve my diploma and bachlors degree in graphic design and take what i've learned and apply it to a fantastic job that not only helps me to provide for my future family but also a job that i enjoy. College is all about the hard work and it all pays off in the end when you walk accross that stage diploma in hand!

I wish i had known that college is more stressful because of the amount of work and how little of time you get to complete that work, however i think the amount they give us in that little amount of time is a challenge for us and i think it's worth the stress.

The best thing about my school is the number of students that go to Northern Kentucky University. Because There arn't a lot of students who go here the class ratio is small and i love that because it alows me to really get to know my teacher and the other students in my class so i become comfortable in my classroom setting.

Josh

nku has a small class atmosphere and allows for a more one on meeting with the teacher in the classroom.

college has really prepared me by keepin me organized and really opening my eyes to that people will not just hand you things. u have to earn it through past experience and hard work. its a big eye opener that everyone needs to experience to be ready for life. it prepares you for life and all of its obstacles. college has just shown me how to keep myself organized and prepared me for life events such as my career and financial organization.

one that does not do well in a smaller classroom environment.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.