Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Katelane

visit a lot of different schools and asses your needs and wants. Make a decision not only on what school offers the best academic programs but which offeres the best social aspects as well. A nice balance is needed.

Someone who wants to go to a very large school

Rebecca

I would tell parents and future college students to be open minded. I would also tell them to check out options until you get a real feel for the campus and the atmosphere. Also always take expense into account, if you are strapped for cash live at home for a year or two, transferring is always an option!

the worst thing is that the school is growing so traffic and parking can be an issue!

A person whom is not disciplined adn can not take on responsibility.

Heather

I think that you must weight what is most important to you in a college. There are things you can compromise on, but you should not compromise on any of your top three requirements. If you being to settle on a college instead of staying strong, you will be completely unsatisfied.

rachel

I would tell them to apply to as many colleges you can. Then based apon the ones that the student is accepted to, narrow your choices down to the top three, that you are going to consider. Basing the decicision upon what will be the best fit for you. Please, make sure you visit the college campuses, in the process staying overnight if you can. This will help you get the feel of what it will be like during the school year, if you plan on staying on campus. Then after visiting the colleges choose the one that you the student feel you would enjoy the most, but keep in mind your parents advice as well. Then make the decision based as a family. I've found that this process works the best in finding and picking your college.

Like some colleges we do on occasion have stupid students that go out and try to drink on campus, but the security here is vey well and nku is and has a zero tollarance policy . So nku is not known for as being a party schol.

That is was more helpful for students with disabilities.

Alexandra

My school is small so people around don't really know us, so I guess you could say people who go to our school, or know people who attend NKU, know NKU as the college that is'nt to small, but you can still run into people you know all the time. As the school where the depatment you are majoring in knows who you are and the school where the students don't know what kind of person you are, we still welcome anyone.

Don't choose a school because of there accidemics or size, let your child choose it because its someplace they will feel welcome at and have the motivation to work hard.

I think a person who is just looking to attend college just to party and drink. People I know, including myself, are proud to attend NKU and are proud of our work put into our studys and team sports.

NKU is best known for being reasonably priced and having a decent education.

NKU is best known for being reasonably priced and having a decent education.

I would say look at all the schools you can, it really does make a difference. Visit schools you are really interested in, so you get a feel of the school and the people. Once you are in school the best advice is to get involved in activities offered, not necessarily Greek life (unless it's for you), but all the different activities that are offered by the school. It allows you to meet more people and provides great networking opportunities.

The worst thing about NKU is that it is a concrete jungle! There isn't really much to look at besides concrete buildings although they are currently in the process of building some new buildings that are not so ugly to look at. Since it is a concrete jungle and up on a hill it makes campus like a wind tunnel so it can be about 10 degrees colder on camput than what the weather report says it is.

Tamara

Absolutely make the best of your college expierence by involving yourself in student organizations. It will definitely make your college years a lot more enjoyable. Through student organizations you meet a lot of people and interact with people with different ethnicty. It's a great way to meet new people. I would always recommend before choosing a college to visit all of your options. Once you have chosen a college to definitely involve yourself at student orientation. I would also recommend to always carry a smile with you because a smile is friendly and contagious. Involve and smile. That's the exact things you need to do after you have chosen a college of your choice.

NKU is very frat/sort oriented and I wish I would of previous knowledge about these types of organizations prior to completing 2 years. I wish I would of known of more of the programs and events going on around NKU and at NKU.

I consider the best thing about NKU to be the student-faculty interaction. I believe every student and teacher at NKU have a great bond as well as in the class and outside of the class.

Patricia

quality education at an affordable price

quality education at an affordable price

How wonderful the school really is. If I would have known this earlier it would have made my college decision alot easier.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.