Highland Heights, KY
Northern Kentucky University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northern Kentucky University

Scarlett

My school is a very good commuter school.

My school is a very good commuter school.

Find a school that fits your desires along with your budget. It is what you take away from the college experience that will mean more than just shelling out more money. Find a school with smaller classes, which allows a teacher to know your name. It will mean more to you than you think. Like when you need letter of reccommendations and no one even knows you name, much less who you truly are. And, explore the campus and what it has to offer you, what surrounds the school (so you know what you can do on the weekends!), and don't let anyone talk you into somewhere you don't want to go. You'll just end up hating it in the end, and not getting the full college expereince!

Phillip

The best advice that I can give parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience is to make sure that you are choosing the college for the right reasons. Do not go to a college because someone else went there, or because you feel that it is the thing that you are supposed to do. College is not just the next step of your life, but it is a place to learn and grow into the true adults that you will become. It is not a decision that should be entered into lightly. Also, a college decision should not be centered only academically but also athletically and socially. You have to be comfortable in your environment socially as well as academically. I cannot stress enough that this decision cannot be made for any reasons other than the students best interests and needs for their future. Making a quick and hasty decision can have terrible effects on the student?s college experience.

Someone who wants a big college and lots of differing degree offerings. Someone who does not know what they want out of college or life should go somewhere bigger that offers a wider variety of degrees.

Someone who should attend this school is someone who wants a smaller college with dedicated teachers. Somoene who wants to meet freinds that will last a long time and that wants to spring board from college into "real life." Also, this university is right for people who are worried about being on their own for the first time, and want and need closer contact from professors.

Cassandra

We are a part of the Chase School of Law, so I think that's our bragging right. We have a really green campus, and a lake coined Lock Norse. We also have a wonderful Fine Arts Center.

Press on. Things get crazy, find somewhere that makes you comfortable. Also, apply for all of the scholarships you can. School is very expensive.

We just added a really awesome student union center. It has Starbucks, Sushi, and tons of other trendy places to eat. We also have very friendly art professors. My advisor also is the creme' de la creme, she went above and beyond the call of duty when I was bed ridden in the hosptital, and need to medically withdraw for a semester.

Keith

Our school is best know for the small class sizes and the cost of tuition. Tuition is very inexpensive compared to the surrounding public universities.

I would tell students to first decide a school that best fits them and not a school that their friends go to. Things to consider when choosong the best college are making sure that college has the major you are seeking, and if you are undecided make sure there are a very large variety of majors. Also consider what class size best accomodates your learning style. It is also important for the student to research thier field of study and make sure the college provides some type of excellence in that field. To make the most of your college experience definitely get involved in campus organizations but not too much where it becomes overwhelming. Also make as many friends as you can because having a support system while in college makes it that much easier to make it through your college experience. I would tell parents to make sure that the college their child is picking offers a numerous amounts of scholarships and other forms of financial aid to make your burden easier.

I wish I would have know that the parking prices were ridiculous and that there was no way for me to graduate in four years. The way the classes are set up and the fact that every student had to declare a minor only makes it that much harder to graduate on time.

Kacy

Visit colleges more than for a couple of hours, sit in on a class in your field, talk to some of the students, get the full picture before settling down, and live in campus at least your first year!

In my opinion a person straight out of college should come here before they attend a bigger university.

Quiet, urban setting with all kinds of racial backgrounds and friendly students.

When you're looking for the right college, make sure its the right setting for you. I've been on so many college trips and all the ones I've been to were not for me. When I came to NKU I realized this is where I wanted to be. But I feel the two important things of making your college life a better experience is to definitely interact with on campus events and activities, and going to finanicial aid to look at other scholarships. It's very important that you interact on campus because that is how you will meet more friends and it would also be good for you and your resume. If you just sit in your dorm all day, campus life would definitely not be fun. Finally scholarships. When it comes to that, it's good to go to the finanicial aid office and talk to them regularly because they are there to help you find money. You don't want to graduate from school paying back a huge loan, you want to pay back less as possible. I've already had that situation once, now I go to the finanicial aid office often.

The worst thing would be just the parking on campus because it's very limited to students since we've had so much stuff being built on campus on. Plus how much parking is.

NKU is in a metrpolitan environment and has a large student population, yet still maintains small class sizes.

Find a school with the right class size that you want but also a school that is very diverse. Diversity will show you new cultures and you will meet different people who can change your perspective on life.

The diversity. There are around 15,000 students. These students come from 43 states, several countries and different backgrounds.

Northern Kentucky University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.