San Antonio, TX
Northwest Vista College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwest Vista College

Trinity

There is a lot of emphasis on the benefits of taking dual credit classes,but there isn't enough stress on the consequences of not doing well once you're in that class. I wish they would've told me that not earning myself a 4.0 in that dual credit class meant I wouldn't start college with a 4.0 like everyone else. That also meant I couldn't qualify for certain scholarships my college offered. Discussing these consequences openly with students could serve as motivators- keeping them aware and giving them more reason to do good in their dual credit classes.

Christina

Beautiful and diverse campus with a helpful and caring staff who provide online and on-campus courses for a wide variety of majors.

So, you're thinking about going to college? Here are a few words of advice to help you get through it: it is NOT one big party! As much as you think going to college is all about meeting new people, making new friends, and having a great time every day - you also need to understand that school MUST come first if you want to succeed. If you slack off in school and fail to focus on your studies, you will fail classes and eventually, you will be kicked out of school. Also, go to class! I know it seems like you can just read the book and study before a test and still be able to pass without having to wake up for that early class twice a week; but, I promise you, it will be so much easier if you just go to class and listen! Lastly, be prepared to grow up. You are going to be on your own, making your own choices. Mom and Dad worked very hard to teach you how to make the right decision and stay on track with your life. Remember their lessons. In the end, it will all be worth it.

The ability to complete your degree online is the best thing about this school. As a single mom with a full time job who goes to school full time, it is near impossible to find time to get on campus multiple times a week to take classes. Being able to complete all of my courses online helps me complete degree at home where I can be there to care for my child at the same time.

Destiny

So you think your ready for college? You think you know how your going to do? Well you're wrong! Make sure that you don't slack off and a relationship comes after. You're grades are important if you plan on becoming a nurse. The only person that's going to help you succeed is yourself. Everyone else they're only going to pull you back from what you need to be doing. Attendence is a main key factor if you don't attend and it will only hurt you! Yes, you're probaly thinking but alot may be revising to me. Well it was and even though it is you still must attend cause attendence counts against your grade. You may tell yourself that youll take me serious and listen but really you're going to need to resist everything else. Really avoid all of it because if not you're going to be me who regrets my actions and grades. I made a big mess of my first semester and thought that i could do both work and school. I realized that i could not do it and i was not prioritized and now i regret it.

It would have been very helpful to know that Northwest VIsta has the longest wait to meet with an advisor because if not the wait is ridiculus. I had to go to St. Phillips to be seen and the wait was 5 minutes compared to 6 hours for Northwest Vista. I was so fustrated and now i need to meet with my advisor again i dont even feel like trying at VIsta.

The most fustrating thing was trying to meet with an advisor.

Amber

It is a beautiful campus. The teachers care about the student's futures. Overall I love this school!

The professors are available outside of classes. They really care about their students. Classes have a lot of group projects which are great for real life interactions. My favorite class would be my texas government class, beacuse my professor is awesome and knows how to get his point across and not be boring.

The students in my classes tend to be outgoing and friendly, as well as responsible in their work.

I would tell myself to work hard in my classes and register early. If you have questions don't be afraid to ask them. Everyone on campus is really friendly and hard working. I would also tell myself that a lot of my friends are going to be attending this school and if possible, set up a car pool. There are many resources on campus that can help you, so take advantage of them. Tutoring can only help you and there will be time for this, no excuses. Build a relationship with your proffessors, they are always lokking for bright students and can help in the future with career planning and possible internships. Overall, enyoy yourself, college is work, but it is also fun and an experience to be treasured and appreciated.

If you think badly of community college or think that you're going to be taking it easy, then this scool is not for you. The faculty and students work hard, the classes are well thought out and challenging.

Madison

I would tell myself to work harder and focus on the future. Work through the hard times becuase they will only make you a stronger individual at the end. Make memories and take plenty of pictures, because this is the end and you only get one senior year of high school. Don't be afraid of moving on into the big world, embrace is. It's you becoming an adult and going out on your own to make something of yourself. The last thing I would tell myself is that no matter what happens, you will always have people in your life there to support you, your family.

How much I'm saving going to Vista for a little while before transferring to a university.

Nothing is really that frustrating.

Tiffany

The advice I would give my high school senior self would be to enter college the semester following my graduation from high school. I had will have just earned my Dual-Credit in College Algebra and my education would be fresh on my mind. I would advice myself that though I was worried about attending college and missing classes due to my disability, to just go ahead and apply. Waiting was a mistake and it was very difficult to convince myself to finally get into college. Now after 4 years, I am finally in college, but I feel obligated to retake my College Algebra class and I could have already nearly earned my Bachelor's Degree by now. I wasted years of my life telling myself "I will get into school next semester." I never realized that I would actually be happier in college than I have been my whole life. Graduating high school was the best choice of my life at the time: all I had to do was to take the next step to make an even better choice. I have learned from mistakes and plan to stay in school until I earn the degrees I want!

The best thing about the school is the many advising services. A first-time in college students advising session and student development class are required. Advisors are available every day, along with financial aide reps and general question personell are available as long as the college is open. As long as the future student asks questions, it is very easy to not only apply for and prepare for college, but also to prepare for the future to ensure no classes are wasted or repeated unneccessarily. This college makes the stress and confusion of college become simple and clear.

The student that should attend this college is one who is looking to attain an Associate's Degree, Certificate, or plan to transfer to a 4-year university. Many students (including myself) plan to attain their Associate's, take more classes at the cheaper rates, then transfer to the 4-year university of their choice. Once the degree is attained, all universities in Texas must accept all credits earned towards that degree. This makes it simple to attend Northwest for 2 years, then gain a Bachelor's at a university after only 2 more years!

Raileen

If I were to be able to go back and talk to myself I would say, put ALL you have into your work. Do not give into peer pressure. Trust your gut. Do what you think is right and not what everyone else is doing. Focusing on your school work needs to be your MAIN priority. No one is going to be there holding your hand for every step you do take. You have to be the one to initiate success. The professors are not going to make you get up and go to class everyday. You have to make yourself go. Even if you are sick, GET UP AND GO. You can not afford an absence. They will appreciate you getting up and going as to staying in bed all day and missing out on the lesson. It shows that you can fight against whatever you are going through. Times may be tough, but you are stronger than that! I know you. You have more will power than anyone else I know. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Northwest Vista College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.