Ohio State University-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ohio State University-Main Campus

Lily

To be a buckeye is to be family, no matter where you are. Alumni, current students, and even fans of OSU share a bond that cannot be broken by distance. From anywhere in the U.S., if you yell, "O-H!" someone, somewhere, will enthusiastically yell, "I-O!" in response. The on-campus experience is remarkable. The amount of diversity here at OSU allows for a unique cultural experience for all students who attend. This high diversity allows for students, like me, to experience unique people and cultures that I never would have experienced before. OSU has a proud alumni, and rightfully so. From the best band in the land, OSU football team, a thriving arts section, the James Cancer Research Center and the Wexner Hospital, and many more iconic things, Ohio has a lot to be proud of. Time and change will surely sure, how firm thy friendship. Go bucks!

Claire

Ohio State is so huge that there's nothing you can't do. I haven't been here for that long and I'm already involved, and I'm already familiar with most of the sprawling campus. When I was looking at different colleges, I knew I wanted a "collegy" feel, so I balked at the idea of OSU's fairly "urban" setting -- I wanted it to feel like a college town. But at OSU, you actually get the best of both worlds. All of Columbus and definitely all of campus feels like its own world, especially because football is so important here. But at the same time, off-campus dining and activities are super accessible and your Student ID gives you discounts so you can explore off-campus food often. I LOVE OSU and you will too.

Maurice

Overall, OSU is amazing. There is plenty to do as far as academics and extracurricular activities. If you ever find yourself bored on campus then it's by choice. They have tons of visiting scholars and entertainment available on campus and most of it only requires you to register to go. If you want to partake in some fun, students get tickets to many events in Columbus at a discounted price.

Madison

At first, I didn't think I was going to attend Ohio State. I had a sibling attend the school (who loved it) but I wanted to do something different than her, and I felt like it was too close to home for me! But once I got accepted, I just knew there was no way I couldn't attend Ohio State, and I'm so happy I made the decision to. I'm only on my second semester and I feel as though I've made some of the best memories of my life. I've met amazing people, gone to life-changing events, taken thought-provoking classes, and joined clubs that cater to my several interests. Ohio State has so many wonderful attributes, and I'm so thankful I chose this school to spend my first four years of adulthood at!

Brooke

Very expensive, wonderful campus, always something to do, people are generally very nice, facilities are accessible and high quality, resources are available and encouraged for many to use, night- life is very fun, academics are high quality, job placement is very high

The Ohio State University main campus offers a great environment to further your education as well as have fun. There is a good mix of academics and extra-curriculars on campus, and a wide variety that offers something for everyone. Overall Ohio State is a home where students can learn and become independent.

Grace

It's a great campus with students who truly love their school. The campus itself is beautiful and the food has proved to be great. The large vicinity of the school allows for above-standard gyms, libraries, and dorms. The school spirit really sets the school apart. Students go to Ohio State to either play sports or cheer for them. Overall, the school is one-of-a-kind.

Kalina

A concern of mine was that Ohio State would be too big, and it is a large campus, but the communities you choose to involve yourself in make it small. I see people I know all the time all over campus, without prior planning. There is also always so much going on, for everyone on campus. If you don't want to go out and drink, there is no pressure. We have Greek life, but it doesn't dominate campus life. Ohio State is a place where you learn about yourself, be you and feel happy and accepted. I can't imagine going to a different school for my undergrad. Go Bucks!

I love it here. Best school I could have ever gone to. The people here and the environment are so welcoming and they really make you feel like a family. I have made friends here that will last me a lifetime. absolutely amazing school, couldn't have chosen any better.

Mark

Ohio State is the perfect college for students looking for a strong community of diverse, driven students looking to put themselves in the perfect position to succeed after graduation. It offers so many options in terms of clubs and organizations. There is something for everyone, and if you want to start a new club, the university will 100% facilitate and encourage the process. I could not have made a better choice for myself. If you're interested in coming here, reach out to someone you know who is/has gone here and they will echo my sentiments.

Upon picking such a large school, I was concerned I would be lost among the crowd. In reality, it is quite the opposite. This huge school is made to feel smaller and welcoming due to the constant involvement of student activities and helpful and concerned staff. The campus is beautiful and there is always something to do. Overall an amazing experience and an amazing school.

Madison

It is a very good school, but the college of engineering is way too hard. The college makes it seem like you are in the major when you first get accepted, but then you find out in your first semester here that you actually have to reapply to the engineering major you want with a minimum GPA depending on the specific discipline.

I went to Ohio State all the way from Florida and never once have had any regrets about my decision. The instant you step onto campus, the spirit of the school can be felt. The friendliness whether it be a smile from a stranger when walking to class or someone coming to stop in your room on the first day of school "just to say hello", the students and staff make anyone feel right at home.

Valerie

It is an extremely diverse campus that appears to be welcoming to all and inclusive of everyone in all walks of life and of all interests. The extracurriculars are extensive and bound to have something for everyone. The best thing is that even though it is a large school, you can easily find your niche of people in your own college/school/class/club and make it seem a lot cozier and manageable.

Dalen

The heart of Columbus Is where you will find Ohio State! We are a city of our own, with over 1600 acres to learn, share, and innovate. At OSU, There’s truly something for everyone. Infinite opportunity; incredible faculty; And almost every major under the sun! From agriculture to zoology, You name it, it's here. And 1400+ student groups, for whether You're passionate about bread or Shakespeare. Archer, Lincoln, Nosker, and Torres… Just a few of our 42 great residence halls. Where you’ll find friends, study groups, And teammates for intramural basketball. “You only care about your football,” Some critics might say. But the truth is, the turf isn’t the only field Where Buckeyes like to spend their day… You’ll find us at archeological digs, On the front lines of the war against cancers, Designing buildings to last, And performing as award-winning dancers. We owe it all to our professors, And at Ohio State, they are a great source of pride. Our faculty is wise, dedicated, engaging, And always happy to mentor and guide. Our school is far from perfect, But ask anyone here and you'll see, It's our home away from home, And there's nowhere we'd rather be. “How firm thy friendship.” It’s true, our bond just can’t be beat. We take pride in being unique and diverse, Yet you’ll feel an instant connection with each Buckeye you meet. But if you’re ever lonely here, Be assured, no matter where you go, You need only call out “O-H!” A friendly voice will always reply, “I-O!”

Samaira

The Ohio State University is an amazing community and school to be a part of. Not only is there so many resources available to you to help you, but there is also so many opportunities offered. It’s such a big campus so it’s a lot more easier to find life long friends.

Hans

lololol

Katherine

The best school on Earth!!!

Cindy

My overall opinion of OSU is that it is a okay school with a good reputation especially for sports. I believe the faculty is caring and are looking for your best interest when it comes to doing well academically. I think the school still needs work when it comes to understanding and instituting solutions for their students mental health overall.

Tatiana

Overall I love Ohio State University-Main Campus. They were not lying when they told us that we, as students, would become part of this huge OSU family. No matter where I go, if I see someone with OSU gear, I can instantly start a conversation with them. Even on campus, majority of the students are super approachable. I am able to hit it off, joke around, or even have an intellectual conversation with someone I might have just met. The campus is usually always lively. Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming if you are not used to the big school atmosphere, but in the end Buckeye Pride brings us altogether.

Dominick

Great place to attend school, professors are usually very involved in genuine learning, and the atmosphere is very warm and inviting. Everyone is accepted as a person & plenty of extra-curricular activities for everybody to get involved. There's always something to do!

Imani

I really like campus, the way it looks, the classes, people, and especially the sporting events.

Hailey

The campus is large but very beautiful. The dorms are also very nice but there are some that need updating. Make sure to read information about each dorm before selecting one if you are considering this school. There is always something to do and people to meet. Go out and make friends because the campus is full of activities that will allow you to make friends. There are also many places to eat and shop in close distance. However, I would not recommend walking alone in certain parts at night. You will learn pretty quick which parts of campus to avoid at night and which areas are relatively safe. Campus police do a great job responding to calls and keeping the area safe. You will have no trouble making friends and finding a group of people who are just like you. There are a large amount of clubs to be involved in as well. Regarding professors, some stick to strict office hours and others do not, but most will usually reply to your emails within an hour and are always willing to meet outside of office hours if need be. They want to help you, that is their job and they value teaching and passing on their knowledge to you. Class sizes are rather large so this one on one interaction is extremely helpful and will allow you to get more out of the class at times.

Rhyan

I have grown up with this campus, and it has never ceased to amaze me. A note to college students, we live in a time where a degree will not necessarily give you a job, and most tuition costs more than a house. This university is the best for the money, when looking for a college career, be optimistic, but don't forget to be real. Here you can find both.

Richard

I absolutely love Ohio State for various reasons. The professors are great, facilities are up to date, I feel safe, there's always something to do, etc. It is an extremely great atmosphere for people of all ages especially college students. I wish everyone could experience a place like this at some point in their life.

I love the campus and everything Ohio State offers inside and outside of the classroom, I have gotten so many opportunities that I didn't even know existed because of how connected the campus is. Although some of the facilities need to be updated I know OSU is doing their best in beginning restoration of older buildings.

Madison

I absolutely love Ohio State! It is my home away from home and the community is amazing. Whether you are on or off campus, you have a family and a worldwide community backing you up and I love that! Our campus is one of the largest in the country, but it doesn’t feel that big because of all the opportunities to get involved. There are so many opportunities and ways to find your place and to make your mark that you forget how big it is and I think that’s really important as well because of how overwhelming college can be. No matter what you’re into, you’ll find your place!

Deciding to go to Ohio State was the best decision that I've ever made. It's an excellent school with top-of-the-line academics and a greta social scene. Not to mention the incredibly infectious school spirit that the students exude on campus. Go Bucks!

Overall I love attending Ohio State. Even though its such a big school, there are plenty of ways to get involved and become part of a smaller group. The football games are a MUST and theres always something going on. The academics are great as well and the teachers are really willing to help you individually.

Bryce

I think that it's a fantastic school where you get as much out of it as you put in. It's large enough for you to make your own college experience by seeking what you want to be involved with. That being said, it is so large that it may be difficult to find everything you want to be involved in which may be overwhelming. Overall, it's a school with a ton of opportunities and plenty of pride and school spirit. It does everything it can to make your school name not just letters on a transcript, but part of the way you define yourself, and I am proud to be a buckeye.

Kathryn

My overall opinion of Ohio State University is that is a very accommodating and inclusive campus; you are able to find every kind of person and student. The campus itself is accessible and known for getting people involved. The abundance of opportunities one has at OSU is incredible there is truly something for everyone from polish club, to buckeyethon, to intramural sports, and more. Most importantly though is that we are all individuals in so many ways such as the way we learn, look, love, where we come from, where we are, where we are going, and how we interact with each other.

Sydney

Ohio State University is a large school with a wide range of groups and activities to get involved in. There is something for everyone, and although there are a lot of students it is easy to find people. The campus is nice and OSU is a great place to get an education.

Emma

I love this campus! I am so grateful or attending this wonderful school

Chelsea

Ohio State University Main Campus isn't all its cracked up to be. With extremely limited parking, people not following traffic laws, and threats alike, main campus can be a difficult place to live. Class sizes are often large, anywhere from 30-160 students per lecture. Individual attention is in high demand as it is a scarce resource. However, the overall vibe on football Saturday's is one for the memory books. The tingle down your spine in the buckeye nation makes you feel like part of a large family.

It’s the school I’ve always wanted to attend and it lives up to my expectations. College sports is really big here and everyone is a team player. There are so many majors to choose from (over 200) that it makes it easier to find a major you love if you start undecided, like me. It’s a wonderful school and I love it. Only downside is that some of the dorms are old and outdated.

Kevon

I don't regret at all my decision to go to Ohio State. You meet so many amazing people from all around the country and even the world. Every day on campus is truly an adventure, whether it's rushing to catch a bus to class (We have our OWN bus system on campus, along with the city busses!) or catching a movie at Gateway, then art gallery hopping in the Short North. While some classes are huge (because come on, there's 60,000 students and faculty here!), it's not difficult to fall into a crowd somewhere. I love my university. Go Bucks!

Caleb

This school has been a major disappointment for me and my family. My research said this would be a great learning atmosphere but I was mistaken. Ohio state is not interested in education but collecting money. I'm in Electrical engineering and there are no labs or hands on learning which is crippling in my field.

Pamela

I love Ohio State. It wasn't my first choice school back when I was applying back in highschool, but there is not another school I could imagine myself at now. I love everything about OSU, and I feel like going here has been continuously helping me to find success after college.

adriana

It's an amazing school and I'm extremely grateful to have ended up here. As a military brat we don't really have roots or a place to call home, but the Ohio State University definitely changed that for me. I have never felt such an overwhelming sense of pride and friendship at any other institution and I welcome anyone who wants to become a Buckeye.

Maia

The Ohio State University is a great college for those interested in any career considering they have many schools available along with great opportunities. The faculty and student life is very involved and everyone is there to benefit you. I would recommend this school to any one I come across!!

manisha

The Ohio state university provides many opportunities for the students to be involved. We have hundreds of student organizations available, therefore it is easy to find something one is passionate about. The class sizes however are big, but there are recitations for each subject that focuses on students learning in a smaller settings. Everything else is great at the Ohio State University. I love it here.

Valdeoso

The Ohio State University is a great college to attend. Not only is the campus big and beautiful, but if you want to succeed, then there are plenty of resources available to you for succeeding. OSU's location in Columbus also makes it a great place to come to because of all of the internship opportunities in nearby downtown.

Quantazia

I personally feel as if The Ohio State University is very intimidating. The school is huge and there is something always going on which can be very overwhelming. The school is very academic which can be very hard at times, however that means that we have to study much more than ever expected. I enjoy going here because it is close to my home and because this school has my major. I am happy I decided to go here though I was struggling at first. Now I somewhat know my way around and I have made plenty of friends. It takes time to make friends but it is not impossible since this place is huge. There are always people who we can find who have similar interests.

Alexander

The reason I transferred to Ohio State was its vast, diverse, interconnected campus and alumni; namely, the opportunity to network with better firms and more driven students to challenge me in order for me to grow. The myriad variety of clubs represent the diverse campus, and a way to make connections in a sea of students. Particularly, the business clubs that connect students to prestigious firms are highly competitive and nearly all of them require an interview or two and an application process to join. Moreover, there exist many programs, services and other opportunities within the Fisher College of Business that groom students for a successful career. This can perhaps be extended to all of the colleges on campus, since one of our main values is excellence. I came here as a driven, ambitious, confident student, and was met with many more of the same variety – if you’re looking for others to push you, it’s the place for you. To explore the sea more so, delving in – beyond Fisher – you find the Oval, connecting all sides of campus that evokes a sense of unity – to the famous Ohio Stadium, fans roaring with a red glow emanating to outsiders come game day – and not to forget, the beautiful Thompson library, that is central on the circumference of the Oval and perhaps where all of the students come together. Here you enter into what is perhaps my favorite part of campus, around every turn you find students frivolously studying, entering you see a towering wall of books, up the staircase you may enter a gorgeous, massive reading room that makes one feel in awe at the vastness. The last few weeks to start my collegiate career at The Ohio State University have been filled with unforgettable moments, much adjustment, other driven students, and too much to do with the time allotted in a day – I’m inspired, motivated, and proud to be a Buckeye, I feel alive.

Kush

The Ohio State campus is a great campus! I have never met more friendly people in my life than the students that go here. It's easy to make friends and even though the campus is huge, you won't even know it by your junior year cause you feel like it is smaller than it actually is. The extracurricular opportunities are available, the connection to alumni fantastic, and overall the campus just gives off a great vibe! I could not have chosen a better place to get my education as the college of public health has been ranked 5th in the nation among undergraduate programs and Ohio State also offers quality graduate programs. Please consider attending Ohio State!

Great and friendly campus. It might feel huge at first, but once you live there it feels so small and homey. I love all the diversity there amongst the students as well as the faculty and staff. It is super easy to get involved and there is always something fun going on!

Ariana

There is always something going on around campus. On the weekends people relax on Saturday and get homework done on Sunday. On game day, the whole city is packed and you cannot go anywhere without seeing scarlet and grey. The classes are moderately difficult. Anyone can be successful if they play to their strengths and apply themselves.

Chloe

I think Ohio State University is a great university and has provided wonderful opportunities and experiences. It has been an amazing place where I have met some of the closest friends of my life. I have excelled academically because my professors and the numerous opportunities for tutors and help.

Mikhala

I think the campus is clean, the facilities are modern (there are traditional style as well), there are many clubs and organizations and activities to participate in. The food is good (I just wish there were more Asian type foods to choose from on campus).

The Ohio State University is a fascinating place to be. From something to do all the time, to someone to study with everywhere, the campus offers everything I'm looking for! The dorms have places to do anything you could want, and there is a library at nearly every corner. I love the culture and the clubs, as there is something for everyone, The spirit is definitely second to none.