Newark, OH
Ohio State University-Newark Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio State University-Newark Campus

Kellie

My classmates are usually very hard working just like myself and are enjoyable to be around; however, there are some students that slack off and rely on others to help them.

OSU Newark has provided you with the right general education requirements until you will transfer out-of-state for your major classes required for your major of marine biology. Even though this was a good choice, look more into Columbus State Community College as it is cheaper and your credits might transfer over easier. While at Ohio State though, make sure you always enroll into your classes as soon as possible because they are not first come first serve (they are based off of the amount of credits you already have in college). Math lab will be your friend throughout your math troubles and is very reliable. Always rent your books, never buy them if possible. Always take at least 15 credit hours per quarter so you will not have to cram in credits in order to achieve your goal of receiving an Associates Degree. Your transition from OSU Newark to Coastal Carolina University will be stressful, but always stay determined and motivated as it will be a huge step in acheiving your life long dream of marine biology.

The OSU Newark campus is very close to home so it allows me to commute to school from my home. Also, the tuition compared to OSU main campus is a very big difference. I like that the classes are affordable and only one loan will allow you to go to school without worry for achieving the amount of money needed.

Kaitlin

The price of tuition- very low when considering the high quality of education.

The price of tuition- very low when considering the high quality of education.

Dear High School Self, Grades are important, very important! But, don't let them become all you are about. Remember the importance of some sort of a social life. Taking a break now and again and going out with friends isn't so bad. So, don't get too uptight. Just do the best you can. Take advantage of every opportunity! These opportunities will teach you to respect your community; the people have a lot to offer. There will be plenty of volunteer and intern opportunities, so don't hesitate. Just go for it! And of course, take the opportunities to get to know people through on-campus events, the honors program, etc. It's hard to get to know people well when classes only last for 10 weeks before you move on, so don't be afraid to put yourself out there and go to the various events. I promise you'll have fun!

Any! definitely needs to be someone who is okay with a smaller campus, though.

Frederick

I would tell myself, "You really did a good job your senior year in preparing yourself for college. Yeah, you may have slacked off a little towards the end of the year, but you still kept up your GPA." If there was a time in my life I could back and give myself advice would be me in 6th grade. I would let myself know what I'm capable of so I could strive to my full potential. By the time I was a senior, I had figured out what i needed to do to be successful and It really helped me out in college. There is always more I can learn and grow from ahead, and I have the tools necessary to handle it.

The best thing about my school is the chance it gives me to transfer to the Columbus campus. I think it's a great opportunity for the students who are declined admission and wish to accell in later years at main campus. It gave me a second chance to go to the school of my choice and fulfill my dreams.

Chelsea

I have to say the Sciences, but I could just be bais. Medical is probably the best known but socia sciences (I would put sociology, psychology, and anthroplogy under this too) and technical sciences are pretty good too. I know main campus is extreemly well known for medical sciences also

To study more and pay attention more. I was always a good student but I would want to tell myself to stop being lazy and get As isntead of Bs and to volunteer more. I would advise myself to get more help in Math because it is my weekest subject and I struggle in it daily. I would tell myself to take foreign language more seriously and to have actually studied for the ACT/SAT. That I should work more isntead of playing because money is definetly needed if I want to get a better education and scholarships aren't as easy as I fooled myself into believing they are.

I love the teachers and programs. They want and look forward to help you, as well as make classes interesting. Then when you need help they have plenty of programs to help you for free. English and Math lab being the biggests, but they also have tutoring services that are also free. Most of the teachers are a email away and do almost anything they can to help you.

OSU newark is a great place to get educated.

OSU newark is a great place to get educated.

The advice I would give myself is to stay focused in school til the very last day and don't slack off because in college you can't slack or skip classes or you won't do good.

The teachers are great and help you when you need it. The class sizes are perfect, there are not too many people in your classes so you can actually get to know your teacher.

Ilysa

The Ohio State University Newark campus is great environment for anyone trying to create a successful future for themselves due to the postive atmosphere and the support given by the campus staff.

As a high school senior I worked hard to keep my gpa up and created goals to obtain a successful future, but the thought of college life stressed me out. I never really recieved support from my family to attend the college of my choice, rather I was told I would be attending the local college branch. All of this combined caused me to put attending college on hold. I never forgot about the goals I had set for myself in 2009 and decided it was time to enroll into college, and I did. Attending The Ohio State University regional Newark campus is the first step in achieving a successful future for myself, but now looking back, I wish as a high school senior, I would have attended college following graduation. My advice to myself would be to not get too stressed out and to follow my heart and make my own decisions. Being self sufficent, balancing work , school, and a social life, is difficult, but I would reassure myself that the transition from high school to college would all be worth it in the long run. That perseverance is the key to achieving my goals.

The worst thing i would consider about the Newark campus of The Ohio State University would be the lack of degree programs that can be completed at the regional branch.

Joshua

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to procrastinate and put college on hold. At the time, I had wanted to take a year of before college, knowing that I would want to go back, because I knew I was college bound. But then, midway through summer, I was regretting my decision, but knew that it was too late to begin applying myself. So now I will be attending the winter quarter, and still have a good amount of time to wait before I begin. I would tell myself that even though you are scared, or feel like you might not be ready for what your life is about to give you, college is something that is very worthwhile, and can be exciting in ways. The best thing that you can do is seize the opportunities that you have, and enjoy yourself while you are doing it. Otherwise, you could be living in a regretful situation, and that doesn't make anything better.

I believe that the best thing about my school is the fact that it is close to home and is part of a well renown university. Staying close to home is important to me, because it allows me to attend school and gather my education, without having to feel stress over paying for an apartment or dorm room, which ultimately helps boost my preformance.

Someone who does not value their education, and who will only waste the time of those who are genuinly trying to learn and establish what they could possibly be doing for the rest of their lives.

Misty

The Ohio State University at Newark is best known for it's small campus atmosphere while attaining a prestigiouse University degree.

Take a break. While other High School seniors are stressing over entrance exams and tuition you should kick back and enjoy the playing of Pomp and Circumstance. Plan to live life to its fullest. Do not worry about going to college just yet. Travel, work, fall in love. Learn more about yourself as an individual before committing to a four year degree. Do not give into the pressure to finish college before you are 25. Those are the best years of your life! Seize the moment to figure out WHO you really are and what you really want to do with this life. Take your time and get college right the first time. Try diverse experiences before you have the responsibility of credit cards. It will greatly enhance your focus of long term goals later in life.

I like to tell my friends who attend other colleges about the small class sizes, ample parking, and low tuition rate.

Ohio State University-Newark Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.