Newark, OH
Ohio State University-Newark Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio State University-Newark Campus

My school is best known for being apart of The Ohio State University and having excellent education opportunities.

What i have gotten out of my college experience is that it has opened my mind to many kinds of opportunities available to me. It has gotten me to be more outgoing and has provided me with the chance to do something that i love.

The only bad thing about my school is that i have to drive 45 minutes almost every single day to be there. It takes up a lot of gas and i usually have to get up fairly early to leave to go to classes.

Kelsey

My first of many college experiences was living with five strangers two and a half hours away from home. Living with five other girls, you have to be able to communicate with all of them, have patients and tolerance, and create a healthy and fun lifestyle with them. It was challenging, but after talking with them and picking up on their personality, we all were able to adjust to one another and have become friends. I feel like learning to live with other people who grew up in different backgrounds, have different opinions and personalities is a valuable experience because it shapes skills such as communication, teamwork, and discipline, and will allow you to work with others later in life. Attending college not only gives you and education by attending classes, but also living with new people and learning how adjust to a different lifestyle, all of which will help me in my future.

What I like best about starting off on the Newark Campus, opposed to Columbus Campus, is having smaller classes for my General Education Courses. Also, living away from home, the campus isn't as big and overwhelming like Main Campus. Ohio State Newark is a nice stepping stone to Ohio State Columbus Campus, easing myself from living away from home on a small campus and then transitioning to a bigger campus.

Ohio State University's Newark Campus is a nice place to start off at for freshman year, but it is a small campus with not a lot of oppurtunities to meet new people and make connections. Luckily, I'm in the dorms and have five other roommates, and have been able to meet other students who also live in the dorms easily, but there are not as many people here to meet than there is on other college campuses. I'm transitioning over to Main Campus next year, where there are more oppurtunities to meet people.

Armando

College is a great source to fill someones brain with knowlege, the broad variety of subjects offered is just amazing, I don't feel that I store all the information I get on a class but I certaintly do memorize the few interesting facts that I believe will help me in a near future. I've also learned how to be organized, and that once you are in your own, not even teachers will care about you, I also developed a broader network of friends. College has been like a rollercoaster to me, there has been ups and downs but in the end is just a fun ride.

The lack of interest from most students, is what most bother me. I like to be around people who want to get somewhere in life, and be successful.

The people that should attend this school should be people that honestly want to build a better future for themselves.

We have all asked ourselves the question "What If?"; I myself have especially asked that and wondered what I would say if put in the position to actually be able to give myself advice from the past. I would start off by giving myself a heads up on when to start looking at colleges. You need as much time as possible to choose your future; especially based on what you want, and not what all your friends are doing. I would also tell myself to work as much as possible, because college and it's expenses really do put a dent in your pocket. With school comes stress, and with that being said, I would warn myself to avoid procrastination. There is no need to stress if you don't have to, so you might as well get the work done and out of the way. But most of all, I would mention to always stay positive and have fun, because these years are supposed to be the best of our lives, and it will all be over with before we know it.

Coming from a small high school, the Newark campus was easy for me adapt to because of it's small size as well. Due to the size of campus and classes, this gives me more one on one time with my teachers and the capability to ask for help rather than if I were at a larger school.

Since there are not enough dorms at Ohio State-Newark, I had to move into an apartment about a block away. Because of this, I feel like I am somewhat missing out on the typical college experience, and I'm not living up to it's potential. While I like living on my own, I just feel like more of an adult, than a college student.

Arthur

Most of them had one thing in common.

Most of them had one thing in common.

The only advice I would give myself is only listen to the people that know where I want to go in life an can show me how to get there .And thats by me knowingwho i am listening to because some people did not know me.

The left hand did not know what the right hand was doing.

Deborah

If I were able to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to study harder and I would have taken the ACT more to get a better score. As a senior in high school I went to a career and technical center to get a head start in the veterinarian field. I took pre vet tech classes there. I also was enrolled in the PSEO program with Columbus State Community College. I think this gave me a big insight on what was to come. When I went to college in the fall I felt more confident about the classes and kind of knew what to expect. It was a great experience for me. So, the only thing I would have done differently as a senior in high school would be to study more and to take everything seriously because the choices you make affect your life.

The school did a really good job at informing me about everything. Coming into the school year I did not have any doubts or wish I new anything else. I went in a few times to talk to my academic advisor and she answered all my questions I had before I started school.

The Ohio State Newark Campus it is a great place to start out. Students who do not like the big classes sizes and like a smaller campus this is the school for them. The professors are very nice and know you by name. It is a great place to start out.

Endia

Be yourself at all times. Never let anyone change your perception or decision. If you dont want to do it then let your voice be heard and say no. Stick to your studies, go to class & stay focused. Keep in touch with people who you are comfortable with and those who motivate you. Never be afraid to ask for help. Always remember that there is always someone there to help you with whatever problem you may have. Get involved with something that you like. Try hard to succeed.

I wish I had known about more scholarship oppurtunities. Also, I wish that I knew much more about many different subjects. I went to a performing arts school and we primarily focused on our arts. The academics were secondary in our school. Now that I am in college I feel that I lack knowledge because I dont have the knowledge of many different subjects.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that most people have problems with math and the math center has weird hours of operation. Also, they are not open late during midterms or finals. That is the time when most people need help because they have to review many different sections at once and need assistance.

Colleen

The advice I would give myself as a senior in high school would be to not be so nervous. My nerves caused my college transition to be very difficult. I would tell myseld to be more relaxed and excited about the move from high school to college. I have not been able to make as many friends as I would like and it is due to my nervousness. I would tell my high school self to focus on being more independent and less nervous about everything that college has to offer.

Mahde

My school is a small, and active learning environment, that offers a lot of activities and opportunities for students to truly experience the college life, and gives students the opportunity to meet others and to interact with a group of people that are interested in the same things that you are, and will give you all the opportunities to succeeded in life.

The main quality that persuaded me to chose tOSU at Newark was that it offered a small learning environment that relates to what I was used to in high school and the fact that it was so much cheaper than most other small colleges, and it is a branch campus so I have the opportunity to transfer when I?m ready to.

The advice I would give to myself is to manage my time more wisely. You are not in high school anymore, you don?t have the luxury of teachers and advisers always reminding you of what to do. You have to think open minded and take the good with the bad. Not everything that you want will turn out the way you want it to, and you need to prepare yourself for anything that comes your way. You need to study as much as you can but also give yourself time to relax and enjoy the college life. Do what you are most comfortable with, and something that you will enjoy. Enjoy all the time that you get and always stay focused on your goals and dreams.

Matthew

I am a hardworking student that strives to give my all in every aspect of life.

I am a hardworking student that strives to give my all in every aspect of life.

The unique thing about the Newark Campus of The Ohio State University is the small school setting. Class are usually limit to a maximum amount of 35 students, which allows more one-on-one interaction with your professors. The small size of the campus is also another feature that stands out about the school, the small campus allows for students to travel from class to class with ease and do not have to rush. The amount of tuition is also attractive for all the great qualities you receive from the University.

If I was able to talk to myself as a senior with the knowledge I have received from college, I would be able to tell myself a lot of important information. I would first tell myself to never give up in school work and that every assignment will help in some aspect. Also that the knowledge you receive in high school is the foundation to your success in college. I would tell myself to never take your senior year for granite and to enjoy the free time. Free time is one aspect that seniors do waste and I wish that I could spend it more with friends, because even though it clich?, you never realize what you have till it?s gone. Another piece of advice I would tell myself is to start developing good time management skills and to only think of your college life in quarters. College is overwhelming at first and if you start to look too far ahead then you will never reach your goal. Thinking in quarters also allows you to set achievable goals and your grades will be small incentives. College is fun and can be enjoyable with a better starting knowledge of college.

Ohio State University-Newark Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.