Newark, OH
Ohio State University-Newark Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ohio State University-Newark Campus

Stevan

If I could go bakc in time, I would study more and prepare myself for independance. I would have saved more of my earnings from my job and listened to my Mother and Teachers more when they talk about the real world. It seemed so far off, but know that I am in the real world, making decisions that will shape my future, I wish I was walking the halls of my old High School again, letting the cares of the world roll off my back like a duck in the rain. I would also listen to my science teacher when he talks about formulas, I found out that you really use that stuff in college.

I like the small campus, the student to teacher ratio and the location; still close to mom, but far enough to fill like I am away. I also like my campus surroundings. I am a real fan of the diversity that the campus offers; culturally, racially and ethnically.

I wish I was more update with the finaincial committment that I had to make befor I came. I knew school was expensive, but I did not expect this priprice tag.

Vijay

First, the advice that I would give to my self if I was able to talk to my self as a high school senior would be to take school a lot more seriously. Focuse even harder during the last few months of being a senior in highschool. Enjoy all the small things that I remembered disliking and remember that you will probably miss them once you graduate and are thrown into the real world.

Some one who is motivated and willing to learn. The teachers help students who want to learn.

How amazing the campus is. The location of the university is perfect. Its small not too much walking.

There is a wide variety of classmates from lazy to freakishly involved. Be freakishly involved!

The campus is tiny, and most people only stay there a year before transferring to main campus in Columbus. However, you can completele some degrees there.

I would probably tell myself to get immediately involved on campus, instead of focusing on work and school for a whole year. A year! School and work are priorities, but I would remind myself that I'm not some kind of crazy super hero. Also, I only really looked at OSU when considering colleges. And for a while I've been thinking of how stupid that was. Except, now that I'm sitting here and really thinking about it, I would tell my high school senior self not to doubt this decision, even if it was quick and seemingly rash. It's small and perfect, and it's so easy to switch to main campus in Columbus! After I was done with all of this, I would tell myself to take as many aptitude tests as possible to try to figure out what my major should be. This would hopefully prevent me from rushing into something just because I had to choose. But mostly, I would stress the importance of a good mix of fun and work.

Amber

OSU-N is a small community based college with the feeling of a larger school due to it's culturally diverse students.

It's a smaller four year university.

If I could go back and tell myself anything about college life I would tell myself to work a little harder for scholarships and grants. College definitly isn't cheap. Between books and classes, even though I do work, it's hard to make sure I have that extra money per quarter.

Kaylee

Price, you can easily work a part time job and go to school with no worries or problems. It affordable!!

Choose a college that makes you feel like you fit in.

Someone who likes to make friends, likes a clean learning environment and enjoys the outdoors.

The Ohio State University is best know for its football team.

The Ohio State University is best know for its football team.

My advice to both parents and students when looking for the right college is to take into account that it will be an adjustment and that if the student is not ready for that, it would be best to start at a smaller campus then transfer to a bigger college when and if they want to. In making the most of the college experience, my advice is to live on campus. The student might not want to move out and the parent may not want the student to move out, but eventually tempers get tested and a little time apart will be good in the long run.

The worst thing about my school is that there aren't enough activities to keep me on campus longer than for classes because I have to commute to and from school so I miss out on some of the college experience.

Class size. Smaller classes allow for more one-on-on time with teachers and better class discussions. Small campus. Not alot of walking to do and parkings not bad either.

Students: take the time to decieded what is right for you. Start preparing early, that way you have a handful of acceptance letter to pic from; not a handful of applications to fill out. Parents: help your child whenever they need it. Weather they want to admit it or not, they are nervous too. Let them deciede their future. You have cared for them for many years now; let them take the reins. They are smarter than you think and all you can do if give your opinion and support them through their journey. The college experience is an unforgettable one. Social life outside the school is just as important as life inside the classroom. Your going to get stressed out at times and at other times you'll be having a blast. Just stay focused. Your an adult now and thats exacty how you will be treated. Nobody is going to hold your hand anymore and your ife is your responsibility. Have fun and learn as much as you can. Good Luck!!

The topics we discuss in class. How comfortable it is talking with teachers. The smaller campus. The people I meet.

Tina

You just have to ask yourself some questions: 1. Do I want a 4-year or 2-year school? 2. Big campus or a smaller one? 3. How much do I want to spend? Then you have to visit them. My family has been here for many years and I am very comfortable on this campus and can get around pretty easily and know a lot of people so you have to know what you're comfortable with and what you're not. If you're kind of shy, I'd say go for a smaller campus but it all comes down to what you're looking for.

Someone who likes the convenience of small class rooms and availability of one-on-one time with professors. They should expect to meet a lot of people and make plenty of friends. This campus is a friendly environment and the academics are still pretty tough while remaining "easy" to an extent.

The volleyball team has won state the past 7 years in a row and we all have fun here. There's no pressure to dress a certain way or act like someone else. Everyone is accepted for who they are and people you thought you'd never have as friends end up being your best friends

Stella

I would tell parents that they need to look at colleges that are comfortable for their child. They are the ones attending and having to get the degrees there. If the classes don't match what they are studying and they are uncomfortable they will not succeed. So I would say listen and understand this is for them. I have one in college now and one going next year. Through the experience I learned that as long as they want it and they feel they have made the desicion they will succeed. As a student I would say make sure you look into where you will attend for the four years, in my case I'm transferring to main campus the next two years and that requires a lot of driving. So make sure they understand will they be able to complete their degree there and how long will it take. Also I would say that if you plan to transfer that you make sure that your classes will transfer with you. Make sure if you don't like big campuses that you look into smaller ones and there classs sizes.

The classes are small and you are able to get one on one more. If you are struggling the professors are kind and patient and they want to help you. T I have had a tutor for two classes and I thought that I would feel stupid because I needed a tutor, but both tutors made me feel good about myself and I met others in the same situation in my class and we formed groups to help eachother. I thought I would be older than most people at my school and that is not the case at all.

I don't think I would have wanted to know much, but I would have liked to been told it was not going to be easy. When you come back after many years it could feel overwelming.

Ohio State University-Newark Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.