Owens Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Owens Community College

Jerri

Owens Community College is an overall good place to learn. Most community colleges are dedicated to the learning aspect only, which I totally agree with. There are affordable apartment complexes nearby (a mile away) which are decently clean. Others are family oriented town homes or luxury apartments if you like to spend a little more for higher quality building materials.

ashley

I wouldn't recommend this college to anyone looking to go into the degree I'm pursuing. The program is poorly ran, unorganized and dysfunctional. This is my second time taking the current course I'm in because the first time we had an instructor who wasn't in the right state of mine. Yet it still took us almost 3 months for any action to be taken. After she was finally let go they bounced us around with different instructors "just to get us through" I personally know within my class we only had about 4 out of 13 actually pass the national testing after completely the course. Now I'm back (only because this is where my job sent me) and the ONLY good thing about it this time is my instructor actually knows what he is talking about and cares about the class. When it comes to labs, we never have enough lab assistants, equipment, etc. I will not be completely my degree here, no matter how affordable or close it is to home. I prefer an education that is properly ran.

It's for commuters. Go to class, go home. Sometimes stay to use the gym or study areas. There may be "community" in the name, but there isn't much community to be found among the students unless you actively search for it. A lot of people in the area (not just students, but community in general) see this college as a good place to get your gen eds in and then transfer to a "real" school.

Zoleka

One of the reasons why I chose Owens is because of its proximity to home and affordable tuition. Owens Findlay Campus is only 13 miles away from my home. This is a bit more convenient compared to the University of Findlay or Tiffin, which are over 15 miles away. By attending Owens, I will be saving money on gas over time. Paying tuition without financial aid at Owens is very affordable. I do not have to sacrifice quality for affordability. I also have the option to be a full-time or part-time student. Tuition for twelve credit hours is under $8,000 per year at Owens. In Comparison to the University of Findlay and/or Tiffin, I will be saving an estimate of $7,000 per year. Improvements could be in educating the administration on diversity and religious tolerance. I believe this is a factor in the struggle the school has had with enrollment. Although both the Toledo and Findlay Campus are surrounded by rural lands, prejudices and discrimination should be unacceptable. For many years the office staff members have gotten away with this ill-behavior. If Owens wants to survive another 40 years then they must take these things seriously.

jerricha

its a nice school. Not much in the way of on campus housing and any food on campus is from a vending machine but the campus is very safe. its a really good school for the basics and prerequisites so if you are interested in a transfer program its a perfect school because you can get through all of the general classes here where it is cheaper and then transfer to another college for the big stuff in your degree.

Kaylyn

Owens Community College has been pretty good to me. The teachers are always available to answer any questions I may have and their are resources available to help with things like tests and homework. I have never had a problem and I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a good education.

My overall opinion of Owens Community College is that its a great stepping stone to another school. It's less expensive than 4-year schools, and the class sizes are small enough to interact directly with the professors. I have had a positive experience as a student here, even if it doesn't have the community and range of activities that 4-year colleges have.

Gary

A great, safe place to go to school. Easy to find the building and class you need. Staff and teachers are friendly and helpful. Has excellent athletic programs. Of campus housing is near by. Located near a big city for great entertainment. Is an affordable college to attend.

Erin

Owens has been a great place for me to learn. I love the program I am in at the moment and look forward to be continuing my education here. All my professors are there to help me and are very understanding. I love my class sizes. They are smaller and I feel like we get more done that way. My experience has been good so far.

Brianna

I am a CCP student at Owens and I love it. They offer a great education and the teachers are all very kind and engaged in what they teach. Also there is always a plentiful amount of educational resources to use if you are to need them. along with that there are also always campus activities to keep you entertained.

Angel

Overall Owens Community College is a pretty good college. The academics are very good and class sizes are great because they are small and reallly help with individualized student help. I live close to campus so I’m not sure if they have on campus housing.

Desiree

Owens Community College is an exceptional school to attend. From the lively football games to the roaring protesters on debstable topics. Our community is very diverse which only adds to the endless amount of personality the college has to offer. I admire my professors and their commitment to helping us secure our futures. I admire the beauty of the landscaping, from the smooth cut grass to the towering buildings. Besides scenery, Owens offers very affordable programs. Not everyone can attend a fancy university. It’s quiet expensive. Owens payment plan as well as FASFA aids tremendously to their students. This school is exactly the stepping stone most of us need in life. It’s safe, affordable, and worthwhile. I love my school!

Brenda

In 2013, fresh out of high school, I decided to attend Owens Community College at my parents request. Swayed by their lower tuition rates (in comparison to other universities), I enrolled in classes. Truthfully, the dungeon like halls to the campus were partially the reason I didn't return the following semester. It simply wasn't inviting nor welcoming. Overall, the blame was on myself for not wanting to continue at that point, but the school itself hadn't motivated me either. Present year, 2019, in addition to my own motivation, Owens has made great improvements in my eyes. Not only is it much more appealing visually, the advising staff has been entirely more helpful; the overall faculty is rooting for me succeed. I will say they will fall short 1 star because of location. Having to go out of the way to attend affordable education is a price to pay though, I suppose.

Stephen

This is a great college! If you are looking to get real world experience and the knowledge needed to excel in your career field then this is the place for you! We spend most of our time in the shop working on labs developing our skills. However we also spend adequate time in the classroom to obtain the knowledge needed. If you are more of a hands on person then you'll love it here!

Marissa

My junior and senior year I have taken classes at Owens Community College. I took Spanish III at my high school my junior year and Composition I, Composition II, Psychology 101, Sociology 101, and Pre-Calculus my senior year. I had zero problems or issues with the school until last semester of my senior year. My online Composition II teacher made my life difficult for the last few weeks of school. She was late to return essay drafts and didn’t post homework assignments by Monday of every week as she had said in the syllabus. I wrote four essays for that class and didn’t get my rough draft of my second essay back until the last two weeks before grades were due. I was made aware that I was not the only one having issues with the teachers when I received and email from a fellow classmate named Brad. It was an online class so I had never met Brad but I had responded to his discussion boards. He wrote a furious email about our teacher and proceeded to tell me that he was a working father of two and didn’t have the spare time for our teacher to wait and post assignments till two days before they were due. He wrote it so formally with such anger. Brad and I emailed back and forth a few times and that is what kept me pushing through the class. I would look forward to his emails that were worded so proper and furious at the same time because I found them humorous. Other than this class, all of my other classes were good with great, kind professors. I would give Owens a four and a half stars. There’s a few bad apples in every bag, so overall Owens professors are really kind, and caring. The classes are also purposeful and more affordable that a large university. Attending Owens was a roller coaster that I and glad I rode.

Adeline

I only take online classes, so a lot of the questions weren't applicable. However, the college is an excellent way to start out your college journey. I am taking the classes as a high schooler, and the professors are friendly and helpful, the classes are informative, and it is nice to get college credits before graduating from high school.