Paris, TX
Paris Junior College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Paris Junior College

Paris Junior College is a great place to start off. I find myself feeling extremely comfortable there, and have enjoyed my classes as well as my professors in every class. I am on the Greenville TX campus, which does not offer housing to students on campus, although it is not a problem as it seems the majority of students are either still at home, or have a life already established with their own home. The staff does a fantastic job putting up announcements and helping students, and the college itself is always very clean and put together. The students here are generally kept to themselves, making it a prime learning environment without any distractions. Overall, Paris Junior College has offered me many opportunities to succeed in achieving my dreams.

Gordon

I attended one year at PJC for the purpose of getting my basics out of the way before moving on to UNT. In my experience, PJC was a great school with intersting classes, knowledgeable instructors, and friendly classmates. It offers a wide range of courses, which helps immensely when you want to work toward your degree for cheap.

Leigh

Paris Junior College is like a home away from home. It's in a small town where the locals are pretty nice. If you are a person who likes quiet and peaceful places this is the place to go. There is never too much commotion. The school activities are a place where all the students come together and bond so that is the most commotion there is.

Gabrielle

Do not drop out. crack down and study hard. dont give up.

Do not drop out. crack down and study hard. dont give up.

The amazing lvn program. its well organized and jammed pack full of good courses.

The exact directions to get to the campus. I got lost.

Alanna

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about the college life and the transition needed i would tell myself to seriously stay focused and organizied. I would also strongly advize myself to start using and keeping up with a daily planner. To tell myself to not be afraid to ask for help and to always always try my best.

The best thing about Paris Junior College to me is the have many oppurtunities for students to join clubs, orginizations or job oppurtunities.

If your a student who is not used to doing things on your own and handling all of your business for yourself than Paris Junior College may not be for you right away.

Traci

Paris Junior College is best known for their their educated professors. They also have a pretty descent softball program. Everyday that I leave school I really feel like I have learned some great things. The staff at PJC is also very informative and helpful. They never act like you are bothering them and are always there for any of the students.

If I had to go back in time and give myself advice on college life, I would definitely tell myself to go to college right after graduation. I would say to not wait or take a year or two off first. The transition is much easier if you go to college right after High School. If you take a year or two off, the odds of actually going to college are very slim. One day you will wake up and be 40 years old and still have no college education. I know as a senior that you are tired of school and just want to be free and have some fun. But life, in the long run, is so much simpler if you get your college education while you are young, unmarried, and have no children to support. Being in college, you will still have fun and you will be an adult, free to make your own choices and live your own life. The experiences you will endure and the life long friends you will make are just an added bonus to being a young college student. Take advantage of all the oppurtunities that are given to you.

When I am talking to my friends and family about my school, I definitely let them know that it is small and very personal. The class sizes are small so the student can get a lot of one-on-one with the professor if needed. It is easy to get to know your professors and your other class mates because PJC is small. It feels like the professors really care and can relate to the students on a more personal level, especially to the older students like myself.

Shatarra

My school is fun and very student oriented

My school is fun and very student oriented

I would describe my classmates as being invisible. Many of them come to class the first week and then I dont see them again until its time to take our final exam.

If i could go back to my high school days and tell myself anything that I have learned at college, it would have to be that I need to take my time finding a college and not waiting for the last minute to decide anything that has to do with my college career because the longer I wait, the more harder its going to be to get things done and then Ill have to accept what is given to me for the time. If I want to get anyway in life, I need to have a good college education and its not just going to be handed to me. Its not like high school you dont get in trouble for not going to class but it is important that you do go, you have to be determined cause even though are people to help theyre not going to treat you like a little kid and try to push you to do what you have to do, its all you.

Heather

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that college is a lot harder than high school, and that when people tell you that you have to study a lot they really mean it. Transitioning from high school where you never had any homework to college where you have homework every night is tough you don't have as much time to do the things you want in your spare time. When your in college you have to make the right decisions either do your homework or something more fun. If you make the wrong decision it could affect your entire college career. Most of the time you have to study to keep your grades up for scholarships and grants if you don't they could drop you and not pay for school so study hard and make the right decisions. The last piece of advice I would give is study hard and be dedicated to what you want to do after college otherwise you will never make it through. College is very hard work, but if you make the right decisions and put the extra time towards it, it can be easy.

The worst thing about my school is most counslers aren't knowledgable about transfering to bigger Universities. When i went to get help finding out what classes i needed to take that would transfer the following school year to a University no one was able to help me. I had to call the school i am planning on attending to get transfer information. Other than the counslers not helping me the school is good school and the instructors are very helpful.

If you like things organized and planned out this probably isn't the best school to attend. If you are looking for a big school with more oppurtunities I would go to a four year school and not start at this two year school.

Britney

My school is very smuch like high school in that you go to class, learn, test, and get your grades.

My senior year was a very stressful time for me. I had no idea what I was going to do with my life and I was pretty much in the dark about what to expect from college. If i could go back in time now and talk to myself I would tell me to calm down and not to worry, and that things are going to work out. I would tell myself that within the first couple of months of college you will figure out exactly what you want out of life. A few tips for me would be to always go to class and listen carefully, take as many notes as you can, and read the books that you are required to buy, you have them for a reason. College will be the best time of your life so don't miss any of the moments. I would just hope that I listen to myself.

The best thing about my school is that the class sizes are very small, so there is alot of student-teacher interaction.

Paris Junior College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.