Lehman, PA
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Wilkes-Barre

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Wilkes-Barre

Alexandria

The knowledge I now possess about college and making the transition, would make a great difference if I could talk to myself as a senior. The greatest advice to give myself is, use the resources provided to you. Talk to your advisor, guidance counselor, or teachers. Whoever you need to speak with to get the answers and information you need. Have someone guide you through different scholarship, grants, or state funding processes instead of guessing the way to complete the submissions. Recieve guidance and advice in researching for potential majors instead of doing it on your own. Do not be afraid to ask for help if you are struggling, because help is out there. When you do not understand a lesson or a project, seek the help you need and that is provided. Take advantage of every opportunity the resources give you. From internships, networking, tutoring, clubs, etc. Resources are meant to be allocated, not disregarded. The resources are there to help you make a successful transition from a senior to a college student, use them.

The best thing about PSU Wilkes-barre is the programs they offer. I have been involved in a grant funded program called SSS (Student Support Services) and it offers resume building, math/english tutoring, advisers, and career developers. The program also offers different work shops to its members to help them through common issues or questions students have. This program has definitely added to my success here at PSU Wilkes-Barre and to anyone who uses its resources.

What I wish I had known before I came to PSU Wilkes-Barre is all the opportunities available! My advisor has helped me network and branch out in the campus and I have never felt so involved in a school as I do here. There are so many programs and events available to all students. At PSU Wilkes-Barre everyone is just waiting to help you get exactly what you need out of your experience. If I had known what the school is doing for me now, I would have been here as a freshman!

Gregory

Stay on top of all your classes, seat in front of the classroom, always asks question and participate in the discussions, and as well as helping someone who may need help in understanding something. Stay on task, read all the materials that is giving, also study very hard.

The classes are challenging but I'm attempting to keep up with the work as well as possible, and I'm enjoying my college experience.

Friendly and social when they interact with me and also when they participate in class discussions.

Robert

Penn State Wilkes-Barre is best known for your ability to reach over 200 bachelors degrees within whether or not you want to stay at PSU WB or head down to University Park. The campus is very small and everyone seems to form a very tight knit group. Everyone usually gets along and the teachers are incredibly helpful. The buildings themselves on campus are probably some of the nicest in the area and this is also quite encouraging to stick around and get your work done. There have been a lot of very successful students that graduated.

I would give myself the best advice of to definitely take your time but don't commit to something that can cost a lot of money because in the end I know I ended up at an expensive university. I do have some financial aid but it's not enough when you go to classes full time and can only work part time. I would tell myself not to rush, read into things and decide some alternate career choices. I would also tell myself to do the best I can do in high school because there are so many great opportunities to earn money for college based upon good grades you can receive while in high school.

I wish I had known about Penn State Wilkes Barre before I went there. I feel as if I wasted a lot of time by going to some local community colleges here in Wilkes Barre and also in Philadelphia. I wouldn't have wasted money that is clearly valuable when you're trying to obtain a specific degree from Penn State. I wish I could have finished a while ago but I suppose and feel that now I am in the classes that age really doesn't matter because there are a lot of other adult learners in my classes.

Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Wilkes-Barre administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.