Pima Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pima Community College

It is definitely a good choice for the price. You won't get so much of the "college experience", but it will get you the degree you need. All of the credits I have taken here transfer very nicely to almost any school. It is a great place to start your college career, but don't expect any of the fluff.

Avery

It's a community college, obviously, there is only so much that you can get from here versus a University. You are getting the same education at a cheaper price, however, the experience is different. At a University everyone is more engaged with extracurriculars it seems like.

Alicia

My opinion of Pima Community College is a community of like minded indiviuals with a diversity of personalities. In all the years that I have attended the college I have always felt comfortable with the professors and the students as well. Everyone can express how they feel and what their opinions are to the classmates and professors. The instructors of the college are very understanding about peoples situations and their concerns. Although, just like every other college it does have its faults. The one that I can only think of is when you need to take a certain class and it is not available at the time you need it that can set you back.

analisa

My opinion on Pima is that I like it, its cheaper then going to a university and the class sizes are perfect I like that theres only 30 students because then I know my teacher will actually be able to help me. The campus I attend is very helpful and I like the students as well!

Keeley

Pima is great school for the people who enjoy smaller class sizes. The prices of classes are much less than University. There are locations all throughout Arizona, as well as many online classes for students to partake in. The professors are willing to help, they are strict but overly where you feel like you can't ask for help, but enough so they don't seem unprofessional. There's also tutoring center where there is always someone sitting there ready to help anyone.

Devan

Pima Community College is perfect for those looking for a small and intimate classroom setting. Faculty and staff are very knowledgeable and almost always available when you are in need of assistance. Campuses are fairly easy to navigate and spread all over the Tucson area for student convenience. Overall, I would say Pima Community College paves the way for anyone's future endeavors.

lynette

I like the college, the professors are helpful and some staff members can be and others can be rude and not helpful. The classes are good and are small. The campus is walking distance from where I live so I don't have to worry about missing class because I don't have a ride or gas. There are many activities offered at the campus.

Rahkim

My overall opinion of Pima Community College is I really like it. To me, Pima has a university feel with everything the college offers along with how interactive the students are. Not only do I get that feeling but I really enjoy the class room size. I get a lot of help / extra help from the teachers and I actually learn.

Pima Community College is a wonderful place to kick start your education. Many students use Pima as a stepping stone, myself included, to go to highly accredited Universities like the University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University. It is great way to get a feel for college and understand the commitment you will be undertaking. The smooth transition process helps students with the drastic and sometimes overwhelming changes that can make students re evaluate their decision to go to college in the first place. I am forever grateful to Pima Community College and their amazing professors who made my education a reality.

John

Pima Community College is very diverse and meets everyone's needs. Their mission statement is "PCC is an open-admissions institution providing affordable, comprehensive educational opportunities that support success and meet the diverse needs of its students and community." When I read this I feel like the campus life and classroom environment meets that criteria. I am very proud to be a part of this school.

Sunday

truth be told it's really hard to get lost. the campus is really small and everything is together, you're never far from your destination. Although it 's not a problem and I do like it. On the other hand, the campus seems to be a barren wasteland after 3 pm but then again it's a small campus what can you expect.

I have recently been accepted to Pima Community College and I am very excited to start my classes there. Their campuses have a wonderful environment and the staff members have been so helpful in my enrollment process. The school itself seems to friendly and inviting. I haven't heard many complaints from students so I believe that it is a good place to go to school.

Abby

I think PCC has a lot to offer students. The class sizes are small and professors are always available and willing to help. The library is a great place to study and student life always has things going on. There are many different ways to get involved outside of the classroom. If you're a student who needs accommodations the ADR is prompt. Maybe its needing a notetaker or extra time for tests they are there for you.

Alex

I'm totally stoked to be going to PCC. It isn't expensive like the universities and provides, from what I've gathered, a much more balanced curriculum. The campus I saw was gorgeous, and the faculty nothing but helpful when I had questions. Thus far the enrollment and other logistics have been straightforward, and I have the utmost confidence in this school to provide me with a good education.

Emma

I think it's an amazing community college.

Mahdevi

Over all for being a community college it is good and very active. I like how there are different campus locations depending what fits for the student. There are always something going on campus, either food, art, or looking at universities. They give us a good time for a community college.

Jesus

Great class sizes. Most teachers are great and help me learn. Tutors are always available. Pima is a great school with low priced class and great learning environment. The facility is kept neat and there is student engagement and drive to achieve better.

Victor-Ernesto

The best way to start your freshman year in collage is a community college, not only for how cheap it is but its the best way to finish all your core classes first since the level is the same anywhere so why pay more for it. The classes aren't huge as seen on movie so the stress is not so much and you get a better chance to have that one on one chance with the teachers and are more likely to understand for unexpected events in life and not so uptight on the homework.

Jocelyne

I consider Pima Community College an amazing college that is always willing to help students to gain experience in all the fields, such as sciences, political, or social. I enjoy learning at PCC, because the teachers are accessible and they are always trying to help students learn by challenging us.

Angelica

My overall opinion of Pima Community College is that they’re a great school. They have great people, students, professors, and much more. To me I think Pima is the best school to start off at before going to a university. This way you can do the courses here and for less money.

Pablo

Well for now it seems like a great plan for me. I’ve lived in Douglas AZ and so being done with high school recently pushed me and my family to move to Tucson AZ where PIMA is at of course. If I can go to school and still live with my family that is the best and well PIMA the best option for me. I’ll be studying Radiologic Technology at PIMA and hopefully playing baseball there as well so I have a lot of goals that I need to accomplish.

Renee

Pima Community College is a great school to attend if you are not ready to pay the full tuition of a 4-year school right out of high school. It helps students to learn and gives them an opportunity to be involved as much or as little as you would like with extracurriculars.

Daniel

I enjoy the college. The price is affordable. I am using the college as a stepping stone for the University of Arizona but they have transfer degree options. I am coming back from a break but I am sure the experience will be just as wonderful as it was in the past.

Craig

Pima Community College has several great vocational education programs. Many of these programs are nationally recognized and lead to national certifications.

Candice

Pima is a great school to go to for the first time. They prepare you for a four year if that's what your looking for or a job. There are constant opportunities and the professors help you and work with you. curriculum is easy to follow and the campus and classrooms are small making discussion easier.

Oscar

It is a very strong college. The academics are very strong and the students go there to learn and to study. This college prepares well all the students so they can go to a university after to get a bachelors degree. This is the base for our future and the costs are more affordable that a university .

Mackenzie

It's a great place to attend and a great place to start! Their career programs are convenient and well thought- out, their class sizes are small, and teachers almost always care about the well-being and success of their students. On top of that, it's affordable and a nice place for University of Arizona students to get extra credits. Advising and MyPima are a bit confusing and complicated, but other than that, it's a great school!

karyme

I love Pima Community College it is a great place to start your first college years and later move on to a University. The teachers at Pima are all very accessible and caring when it comes to teaching.I have been lucky enough to never experience anything bad with teachers or the campus overall. I would not change Pima for another college.

Diana

I love the local community college in Tucson, Az. The class room sizes are not too big and the professors make each and everyone of their students feel important and taken care of. I have never had a bad experience here at Pima Community College and it is such a great place with fantastic resources and a number of campuses all over town. I do recommend this college to students who are not able to pay thousands of dollars at a four year school, because of how affordable it is to go to school here!

Lizette

Pima has great opportunities and is a very open place for all ages, races, genders, etc. I don’t feel uncomfortable there and it feels like a safe environment. The teachers are nice and most of the time willing to help. I’ve made some great friends along the way!

branden

PIma Community College is a great junior college. There are many interesting, welcoming clubs, groups and activities. The academics are also great. There are various fields that allow input, creativity and broad forms of learning. All in all this is a school that I would recommend.

Katherine

I like Pima. The advisers are always helpful and available. They offer tutoring and other student services. The teachers are usually good to work with and they make it easy for students to transfer to the university. It is only a community college so there is no on campus housing but the downtown campus is proximal to the University. There are also many campuses for in state students so there are many options for classes including online.

Jonathan

i think Pima offers a variety of options and campuses to help the community get an education at an affordable price. They have well equipped libraries, staff and class rooms. I have not had a bad teacher at Pima although I do like some more than others. The counselors and advisers work hard to meet individual needs and work out a solid plan for the goals needed. I recommend Pima for anyone looking to further their education either with a degree or certificate for direct employment.

Ana Lucia

It is a great college. It truly prepares you for your academic future and provides enough tools to do it. Most teachers are very attentive and they care about your academic standing. There are a lot of opportunities to do what you most like and there will always be help for you. Overall, I am very satisfied with Pima CC.

Angelica

Its falling apart, the political view of pima community college heads have been and probably will always be conservative. The college is not open to changes. If they are open to changes it will take 8 months- years to complete something or get a club that is positive bringing forth the students needs first.

Pima Community College is where I revived my true self. I was in a hole after graduation like most just out of high school seniors. I took an eight week writing 101 and a math class at Pima because I did not want to invest in more classes without a direction in life. In my writing 101 class the final and eight week long project was creating a memoir book full of essays about yourself. All the contents had to be related to a substantial theme in the student's life. I chose to write about theatre and how it crafted the young woman I become. While writing, my passion for theatre flowed out of my heart like a Niagara Fall of love, friendship and community. I realized acting is what I love and I loved who I was when participating in theatre. In high school I dreamed of going to college for acting, but I felt discouraged by parents, society and a small part of myself. I am my worst critic and my best supporter. Thank you to the writing 101 class for helping me realize I should be investing in my heart and dreams and going to college for acting. I am being my best supporter and I applied to two conservatory colleges in California. I also am holding my own hand and pushing myself to pay for my education by working a graveyard shift, full time job. It is incredible and I am proud of myself for the transition that Pima has erupted in my character. I am on the road, striving to become a role model I wished to have when I was younger. The book final in the writing 101 class had a dedication page which I dedicated to my younger self: "This book is dedicated to my quirky, frenetic, high school drama kid self. Who deserved to understand in the moment that there is a drive within herself and opinions are roadblocks. I applaud her journey because she has manifested the confidence and persistence to tolerate the low expected standards of herself, holding her own hand through life". I am on the way to achieve my life goals and become a characteristically strong minded woman because of the writing 101 class at Pima Community College.

Laura

I find the academic opportunities there to be more than adequate. Though Pima Community College only offers an Associate of Arts degree, the transfer programs there to a four-year university are among the best. They make learning an enjoyable and memorable experience. I adore and treasure every day spent there on the beautiful North-West campus with my fellow classmates, able to learn all we can.

Mark

Pima Community College is a great place to start for someone entering college, its a good starting ground coming out of high school.

kassandra

PCC is a safe space for students to thrive in their goals. The staff is always helpful and ready to answer any questions you may have. They truly care about your success. When I first transition to Pima Community College, I met with an advisor at one of the four locations. All are very friendly and give you a completely organized guide on the steps you must take to reach your desired goals. They make sure to leave no one behind. The teachers are wonderful with tutoring or even staying after class to help. I love PCC!

Amber

Pima a a strong academic school and believes in helping students accomplish their goals and dreams. There are lots of classes available from certification courses to actual degrees and even transferable credits to universities for furthering your career goals. It’s very community centered and supportive.

Rolanda

this college i haven't seen much of it, because I am about to be an incoming freshman . however from some of my previous visits of this college they have been pretty good. the overall college is very clean and kind. when I went to go and visit an advisor to talk about my next step in becoming a student, they were nothing but helpful. now i know what i need to do and a lot of different ways to do it.

Jose

Pima community college is a very exciting learning environment in Tucson, Arizona. I learned so much from my professors and met a lot of new people and it’s absolutely a great atmosphere for not just students but the staff. I recommend to those that are in high school to look into this junior college because the school is very intellectual and you would fit right in!

Diana

My overall opinion of Pima Community College is that it is an excellent place to start your education. It is affordable, classes are very interesting, and staff and services are very helpful to anyone. Also, the schedules are very flexible for those students who have to work, have kids, or want certain hours of the days.

Christina

As humans, once we establish a bias and conceived notion towards something - it is rather hard thing to undue. Many Americans, likewise, hold tightly to a negative view of community colleges which is often never reconciled. The thoughts run: you are there either because you are academically behind or stupid, you can not afford to attend a real university, or you are simply a lazy individual who has no higher ambition. Sadly, I too held some of these views before becoming a student on a community college. Although the extent of time I have spent here will only last the duration of my gap year, I have truly been made aware of the wealth of knowledge and experience one can gain even at the commonly dubbed, lowly community college. My experience at Pima Community College has been wonderful. The teachers are knowledgeable, patient, intelligent, and willing to invest in students to ensure success. Students from all walks, backgrounds, experiences, and family environments come to attain an education that will ensure stability for the future. Pima offers a wealth of student services including academic counseling, tutoring, a computer lab, lots a great, diverse study space, and adequate staff to assist in any area of learning. Likewise, however, for every area of excellency, there is also some deficiencies. My experience has seen a lack of overall community spirit and extended friendliness. In addition, the cafeteria's hot meal options are rather lacking- I much prefer eating off campus or bringing a meal with me. Unfortunately too, students often receive "timely warnings" concerning violence or potential violence at or around the various campuses which is very disconcerting. I recognize, however, that no college or university will meet every standard and level of excellency and so I give Pima Community College an overall favorable evaluation.

Angella

Pima community college, the Santa Cruz County campus, is the best college that I can choose to study, the campus of Santa Cruz is small, with a few students, and teachers, but there is a fraternity, usually all student, teacher, and counselors work together, and help each of one who can need help, I have received a lot of help from them, and I want more students to live this experience, that is my reason for recommending the school.