Portland State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Portland State University

Khanh

Portland State University is alright Despite not yet attending it, I have visited it many time. There is a bowling area within the school, and as it’s located in the downtown area of Portland, there is many food cart. I experience PSU through the weekly volunteer for it’s food pantry. I think it’s an alright place for me to attend in the future.

Alejandra

Very good school, I just wish they were more flexible and less expensive with the parking for students.

Hanna

Hugely diverse student population, not enough teachers or assistance when needed. Additional help can be found in the library, second floor but the tutors are usually hit or miss, most of them don't seem to care about your understanding, they give you the answer and move on or critique your lack of understanding. There are probably more professors I have been told to avoid than to definitely take. Advising is also very backward in thinking, I left offices crying more often than not due to how discouraging and unhelpful they were, but I managed to figure things out on my own and I am happily graduated. Loved the food pantry service for students, and there is always dining available even during construction, which is always. PSU is always under construction and its always noisy, hard to focus even. PSU can be great for some but just was not helpful for me.

joe

Terrrible school don't reccommend it at all you will never have a's

Garrett

When choosing a University I wanted something a little different than that of a typical college. Portland State is just that. The school is centered in Downtown Portland so there is always a lot going on. From political events, sports, to just daily life, Portland is a busy city and you are right in the middle of it. The university is a great place for someone who is looking for overall diversity. However, I have grown to believe that the university does not quite care that much for its students. Most of the professors are teaching nonsense, and when they aren't spewing meaningless words out of their mouth they are telling the class how they feel about our nations political scene. The university seems to silence those opposed to its seemingly required opinions while still hoping to make change. But, if you are still looking for a diverse school with a lot of diverse people who overuses the word DIVERSITY; then this is the school for you! Oh and one last thing, they seem to leave out a big secret that I will let you in on. The university is in the works of losing its accreditation in the coming years! How pleasant. Thank you for reading, I hope you make the right choice and don't come to Portland State.

Hogan

Good but not the best. No school spirit, just classes and your own separate friends. The classes are different in size from small classes to big classes like biology lectures. Small classes are like english classes, especially the honors college. Overall good.

Artem

Its a pretty amazing place to learn, although some of the buildings/facilities should get a makeover. Some places are a bit old and worn out. So far, my teachers have all been amazing. They were all very caring, and made me feel welcome at the school. There are many places to eat around the school.