Hammond, IN
Purdue University-Calumet Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Purdue University-Calumet Campus

Jasmine

I enjoy being a student at Purdue University. I wish there were more shopping centers nearby, and I would like to see more activities on campus, also more office hours with the professors. The Calumet Campus is beautiful and there are always new people to meet, we have an abundant amount of international students! That is my favorite part about my university. Just recently we had several Japanese students come stay at the Calumet campus for two months and I was able to spend time with them and enjoy presentations held by the campus.

Jacqueline

It is a very good campus. People are very friendly and you get around very fast and easy. There are plenty of places you can go on campus for extra help and find what you need fast. The classes are a decent size and the professor can get around to everyone that needs help. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the campus and everyone else in it.

Evan

Underrated university that offers highly respected degrees.

Underrated university that offers highly respected degrees.

You're either born technical or left behind what is going on in the classroom.

I am back from spring break to tell you about what will the future be like yet to come. I want to say that it is smart you are taking one course for college credits. I understand that your GPA is not the best looking but in college I expect to raise that GPA. Just remeber just because you are going to college, you are still continuning your education. You will be distracted but do what all you can to do well in college. Good luck!

Alexis

Assuming I could go back, I would tell myself not to slack off my first year here at Purdue. I did academically well my high school career, but as soon as I got to college i had no idea what I actually wanted to do with my life. I knew what other people wanted me to do with my life, so I took the path they had expected me too. However, my heart wasn't in it and I did slack a lot. Now my GPA suffers as I try and bring it back up to the potential I know I have. I would also tell myself to explore my options more. This would have given me a better understanding of what I actually wanted to do in my life instead of following other peoples' dream for me rather than my own.

The school is nice enough. The people are nice. The only thing I would have a complaint about, is the location. It seems there is always something stolen from houses near by, hit and runs, or shootings.

Someone who attends this school should be willing to work hard on their degree. Not only be committed to learning and putting your best forth, but also being involved in the school and community around it.

Hugo

Knowing what I know about college. If I had the chance to back in time and give myself a heads up on what the future is instore. The one thing I would tell myself is "Stay Focus and Keep Motivated". I would say these would words because they are two key part for you to succeed in college. Stay focus is one because there are so many activities going on out of schooland in school that you can get lost, and if you dont manage your time right things will start to get overhelminmg for you. Keep motivated is the most important because you dont have people on your back motivating you any more. Make sure you always find ways to motivate yourself when thing start to get tough. So if time travel would ever happened that what i would tell my highschool self.

The best thing about my school is how many didffernt options they give if you ever need help on something.

The kind of people that should attend this school are people that want to succeed and want to do better for themself.

Purdue Calumet University is academically accepted, affordable, community university with good resources like library, tutoring, computer labs and, overall, has educators who care about the students personal, academic and professional lives.

Purdue Calumet University is known as a branch of Purdue with the standards of Purdue that students of middle and lower class can afford.

Dear High School Me, This is your future, more educated self with wise words of advice. Every grade in each class matters. Your grades will determine what scholarships that you are awarded and which colleges you can attend. With this being said, you care too much about grades and should focus on enjoying learning. It is much harder to enjoy learning in college than it was in high school. This is because more of the learning will fall on your shoulders and not so much on the professors' shoulders. Establish good relationships with your professors and show them that you take their class seriously. They will make themselves available to you whenever you need help understanding or comprehending material. Professors will also give you hints about what they are looking for on homework, quiz or test, if you go to them in person or email them. Learn as much as you can about what studying habits and note taking works most effectively for you, immediately. You will use these habits and skills throughout your whole college career. If you find yourself behind or not understanding material, go immediately to the professor or tutors on campus!! Just looking out for you!

Purdue is a very open, but initally closed school; once you enter you begin a new chapter in your life, and they will do anything they can to help you along the way.

I would go back and tell myself keep all the German notes you wrote because you'll need it. Once you get the confirmation to attend that oh so special college get on with the financial aid requirements! They are going to be the most important things to actually keep your classes intact. You're going to have a blast just keep your head up and be more confident. You will become a new person with many friends, you will do great trust me. You could have a job on campus if you keep it up. Some classes may seem difficult, but just remember you need the class in order to graduate on-time. You can do it! (PS. all those Dual Credit classes will pay off in the longer run) Have an awesome summer and be ready to dive head first into your new life! You'll be fine just don't get to ahead of yourself. Work hard and stay positive!

I consider the education based and helpfulness of students, professors, academic advisors, and SI helpers the most important. They bring out the best in all the students by helping them pay for classes or just being there when they need help. We also have a wonderful set of sports team and intramural sports as well.

Susan

Study hard!! That's the main point. Also to get involved, the more involved you get, the more friends you make. Don't be scared of trying new things. You won't know if you like something new unless you try it out. Say no to all those credit card applications that get sent to all the new college students! They are so not worth it! Work hard, but make sure to save some time for "me time."

I wish I had known the hoops to you have to jump through to get into the nursing prgram once you have already attended college. If you apply right out of high school and get accepted into the nursing program, you start right away. To trnasfer into the nursing program requires a few pre-requisites.

The worst thing in my opinion is the lack of choice for instructors for some courses because there is only one instructor who teaches that course. Some of these courses are requirements and it makes it hard when you don't care for a particular instructor whether it be because of their teaching methods or their attitude in general. Even if you don't like it, you have to deal with it, which in turn may affect your grade negatively.

Nina

Well I moved half way through my senior year but I know that I wanted to go to Purdue. One of my friends offered her home to me to finish out my senior year but I didn't want to leave my parents just yet so I moved with them. We ended up move two states away to Wisconsin. However I didn't think about the move messing up my residency. So I lived in Indiana for 8 and a half years but since I graduated in Wisconsin i have to pay out of state fees. The real stinker is I was not considered a resident in Wisconsin haveing just moved there in January so there was no way i could get any residency prices at any College unless I waited, but I was worried if I waited to long I wouldn't want to go back, so I am paying the out of stater fee. So, in conclusion, if I were to met myself as a senior I would tell myself to take my friends offer and live with her because I just moved out 5 months later.

I believe someone who is passionate about there schooling should attend here. If you don't care why spend the money.

I believe that someone who just wants to "party in the college life" and doesn't care about there education should attend here. As I said, why spend the money?

Niki

Since I am in the college of business, it was important to me to make sure that I got into a good school for that area of study. I recently found out that Purdue University Calumet is a great college for Business majors, since it is highly accredited. This means a lot to me in the long run, since that will be a valuable stamp on my resume.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would have to give myself a lot of advice about life. I would not necessarily try to force my younger self to choose a life path more hastily, but I would definitely try to push myself to at least graduate high school and maybe take some courses at a community college, so that I wouldn't fall so far behind. I don't really believe that anyone should try to decide what they're going to do for the rest of their lives when they're just finishing high school, but I know now that I would have definitely liked to have finished school and started college out on the right foot.

Anyone who is willing to take school seriously I think should check into going here. Specifically, Business majors and Nursing majors. Those are supposed to be te 2 big areas that this school is known for.

Purdue University-Calumet Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.