Willmar, MN
Ridgewater College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ridgewater College

Eva

I would tell myself to enroll as a PSEO since junior year. I was a PSEO during my senior year and it helped me take classes because I felt the responsibility to do well in my college classes. I wish I could have finished my AA degree as a high school student and graduate at the same time from school and college.

The best thing about my school is the teachers. They are helpful, friendly and very patient with the students. When I needed help to finish a paper or project, they were always willing to help, even if that meant staying extra hours after class.

I wish I had known more about the transfer classes I needed to take in order to transfer to a 4 year university.

Nathan

I started college not knowing anything about the real world. I thought it would be an education and nothing more. I walked into a world that you meet people from all different walks of life and backgrounds. It opened my eyes to the real world, but at the same time I fell into the party crowd that enjoyed parties over school and enjoyed a girlfriend over a study group. Now I'm considered a nontraditional student at age 27. I was deployed with the army for 2 years to finally calm me down and focus on what I wanted in life. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself not to change a thing. I would say that you'll regret many things you do in your life and could be more successful if you buckle down. The problem is you won't have the life experiences and the wife that you would have now. I live some of those same regrets, but I love my life and I'm excited what my tomorrow will bring.

There wasn't much I wanted or needed to know when I first came to Ridgewater. I've been through enough in life that it wouldn't have affected my education or my decision. The only thing I can really think of would be a better knowledge of where everything is on the campus. It took me over a year just to find where I had to get a student ID card. I guess I wasn't really going out of my way to find out though.

I find it frustrating that people consider a smaller school inferior just because they are not a major university. I've been to so call real universities and I've learned so much more in the first year of my program then I have in three years at an university. I just get frustrated when people bring down Ridgewater just because it's considered a community college.

Pam

Personal, friendly, good atmosphere to learn in.

Personal, friendly, good atmosphere to learn in.

I am a non-traditional student with four children. It is very difficult to set a side time to study while managing a household. If I could go back in time; I would have at least went to college just to take generals. Many teens do not know what they want to be or focus a career on. If you at least attend a college to pursue a higher education through general course study, then you will be exposing yourself to what college is like. Once you are attending college you are able to get an inside look at many areas for career goals. You will meet people with different goals and it will open your mind to new ideas and give you inspiration to choose a pathway for a career. A college education is priceless in todays society.

I do not have a comment for this question. Ridgewater is an exellent college.

Amy

The smaller class sizes makes it easier to connect with teachers and get more involved with classes. It also allows for a better chance to get to know people in the programs, leading to a better college experience. I really enjoy knowing everyone in my program, and it helps so much because we're able to help each other out whenever we can.

I would've told myself to get used to studying a lot for tests, and being more efficient in getting homework done and just being an overall better student. I would push myself harder to do better and strive to do as well as I could, instead of just hoping for the best.

I believe any type of person would enjoy this school. From outgoing kids to shy quiet kids like myself, its a great chance to get to know more people and create new friendships. The area is still expanding busniess-wise, so its a great town to be in, as there's a lot of chances to begin a new life or just to live in during college years.

Ridgewater College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.