Saint Xavier University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Saint Xavier University

Haley

I believe that Saint Xavier University is a great school to attend. For me, before I had moved away, Saint Xavier was very close to home, so I did commute for the first two years of my college experience, then I had recently started dorming. The school was very welcoming and kind towards both their residents and their commuters. The school gives an equal opportunity for both commuters and residents to really be apart of and involved with the school. In addition, in many schools you are just a number in a class room, or just a seat taken in a class, whereas at Saint Xavier, the professors actually get to know who you are. You get to become someone inside the classroom and outside. It truly is a great school to attend.

suzi

It's okay. Just get involved and you'll feel great.

Jasmine

My overall opinion of Saint Xavier University is that its a really good school because of the size of student and resources. I love the resources in this school because they is a lot to choose from for example the learning center where they tutor students. Also i like the size of student for each class because the most will be 35 so the proffers will actually know your name and help you with work.

Javier

I think SXU is a good school if you are looking for a small, easy to get around school. I personally like it because of it's size. It's easier to make friends because you see most of the students on a daily basis, and it's easy to remember where classes and other location are.

Kyra

I would be more appreciative if there were more activities to involve myself in. There aren't any sororities, it's actually pretty boring. The people are sectioned in the diner as if it is high school. In actuality, my high school years were better than the current year I am facing.

Fran

The graduate nursing program at Saint Xavier was awful. The instructors didn't have to make things so difficult on the students. It seemed like they actually enjoyed torturing us. I would never recommend this school to anyone as everything seems politically motivated and many of the people running it are a joke. Students have been dismissed in their last semester after the school collected all their money. Do yourself a favor and pick another school.

Janessa

My overall opinion about Saint Xavier University is exceptional. This university provides so much for their students in order to succeed and for their experience at Saint Xavier to be the best. The professors are always welcoming to their students about answering questions from the courses and the campus is very well maintained making it beautiful to walk around in. There is a lot of help provided here and there are many stores to go to in between classes if necessary.

Santino

Saint Xavier is a small university but it's an excellent school overall. The academics are terrific, and the atmosphere is easy-going and fun. The classroom sizes are small which is a good thing. The work is manageable. There is a lot of activities and programs that the school offers to further your future and career.

Rosa

I’m a transfer student, I received my associates at my local community college. So that saved me a couple of thousands by transferring, I HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IT. SXU is a private catholic university so it’s pretty expensive. Also if you want to be involved in school, I would most definitely get involved and I feel most of the students who dorm are really involved versus someone who commutes (like myself). I didn’t really get the feel of the place until it was my senior year :( I liked SXU but renovation is needed and I’m just curious where all my tuition money is going towards.

Harmony

A very poorly run school, the cost of tuition, even with extreme scholarships or financial aid is not worth such a bad experience. As a student that lives on campus I have seen rooms flood frequently, one with raw sewage, I can rarely do laundry due to broken machines, the dining experience is poor at all times except lunch in order to cater to commuting students. I am often times one of the only students in my building on the weekend due to all other residents going home. Very boring, not safe or sanitary, little to no academic stimulation. Will be transferring.

Erica

Even though Saint Xavier is a private school, you get to meet a lot of interesting and amazing people. The best thing that I like is that all my classes are in one building. The class sizes are usually small, but if you have a ton of people taking the same class as you, it’ll be hosted in a lecture hall, which is not that big. Small schools might sound boring, but here you will have plenty of opportunities to participate in a game and win free stuff or events that students create and put together theirselves.

Randel

My overall opinion of my university is very good. The professors are almost always available to assist you in any academic or personal dilemma whenever they are called upon by a student. All of the professors seem very knowledgeable in their fields so they are always a great resource as well. The general student community is very friendly and there for one another so any student is accepted and wanted. This campus is for anyone looking for a wholesome education with like minded, caring peers.

Taty

I enjoy the school so far, but of course, the tuition here will scare you and the loans you might have to take. In my opinion, the ones that should attend this school are Latinos. Its obvious that there is a large population of Latinos here and I've heard a scholarship is added to your account automatically for being Latino. Being an African-American, I wish I could've attended a college with a large population of people like me; however, none were giving me enough money like SXU did. Despite that, there is so much to do to past the time, so many people to meet, and nearby places to get a snack to eat. Get to know your professors!

Larry

Saint Xavier is a perfect school for me and it's a historical institution in Chicago and that is great because Chicago needs a rose from the concrete and Saint Xavier shows that very well. I am a Chicagoan and I don't want to move anywhere that I don't have to when I can support my city as best as I can.

Rebekah

Saint Xavier is a good university, students just have to be the one’s who want to learn in order to succeed because it takes work, but there are a lot of clubs, sports, and activities that students can do that will help bring stress level down. Their programs are excellent, they have a varity of different majors and minors.

Annette

I have a lot of comments. I feel like if I was more involved I would like it more. You can't have the whole college experience right without clubs or sports. That's the essence of college. It's about getting involved and finding your place. I should probably reach out more to the organization's. I've emailed coaches for the dance team and cheerleading team. The campus is small and sort of boring. Again, without getting involved somehow, it will get old fast. Most people come here to learn. There is no active Greek life here at Saint Xavier, although there should be. I would join it. You come here to learn and get an education. This isn't a fun school. It's a learning school. The professors are great. You will have a couple hard ones and ones that are tough and not understanding. I think that's everywhere. But for the most part, the professors are great. I think Saint Xavier could be a better school if they updated their classrooms and added more information about clubs and organizations. Getting involved is crucial for academic success and self accomplishment. You feel better when you know you are a part of the school. My advice is to get involved. If I could do it all over again, I would live on campus, join a sport, make friends and have an active social life. It's hard if you are a commuter. I feel like you make more friends when you live on campus.

Ashia

Saint Xavier University is a nice college overall, but the academics aren't really up to par for me. Since I've started, the general classes that pertain to my major has not helped me learn anything. My current professor is severely behind on her teachings which causes confusion when we go to our biology labs. The biology events are cool, but the program overall isn't all that great. Otherwise, the college campus is pretty cool, friendly, and safe.

Felix

Excellent school and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to other interested students. The professors are great and are always available when you need them.The campus housing is safe neat and conducive for learning.There are shopping malls close by making life easy.

Shurouq

Saint Xavier is a very quiet and calm campus. It diverse, small, supportive, and inclusive. There are always activities around the campus that allow for students to unwind and destress during mid-terms and finals week. Also, Professors can be reached at any time of the day for help and information.

Julia

I am absolutely in love with Saint Xavier University. From the very beginning, it just had a different feel to it. Making friends and finding who you got along with took some time, not going to lie, however, it was so worth it. I got to meet the most incredible people in my classes who then introduced me to their friend groups, and eventually this whole big group of students with seemingly nothing in common (different majors, pasts, ethnicities, religions, etc.) all became one giant family of support and understanding. The professors here are just as amazing. While you may run into one or two more difficult professors, the majority are here to get to know their students so they can support you with individualized care and teaching. It is truly a different but great experience. The professors are always willing to make time for their students, as long as the student is willing to give them a heads up in advance! The new food service is incredible and now school dining has never been more appetizing. There are many clubs available for students to join and new students can even create their own clubs, if they so wish! The library, computer labs, Shannon Center, and so many more on campus locations are wonderful resources for students, as well. It really is a wonderful school and if you decide to come here, you will not be sorry. :)

Noemi

Saint Xavier is a small, conversation oriented university. Instead of feeling small in a huge crowd of students, you can actually ask questions in class and receive meaningful answers. Students are encouraged to participate and because of that we feel welcome. Saint Xavier is accepting of diversity and this is extremely important, especially today.

Yasmine

My overall opinion of Saint Xavier University is that it is an alright private school. They try their best to make students very active with school events. Some professors are much more "old-school" and refuse to change their ways. While other professors, specifically in the art department, think way to highly of themselves.

Brishae

I love it. I love that they focus more on academics here.

Maritza

My overall opinion of Saint Xavier University that's it's a good school and I want to go there when I'm done with high school. That university is my dream school and I hope that soon I'll be there in a couple of months. I know that the school will help me to get to my dream career.

Christina

If you are interested in nursing, AVOID THIS SCHOOL. They do not educate you in the least and you educate yourself. The ‘professors’ also treat you like children and call you ‘stupid’ regularly. It is the worst school I’ve ever attended and I advise everyone to avoid it. Don’t waste your time or money for a practicum- the Dean will fight you to find your own! AVOID THIS SCHOOL! TOTAL JOKE! TEACHERS ARE A JOKE AND ACT LIKE CHILDREN. They will gossip about you and your grades/ submissions to eachother.

Keelin

It's a good school! Class sizes are small, which is great professors can give each student their attention. Professors are engaging, and mostly nice. The main building itself is pretty old, but we have good technology so it doesn't really matter much. There are plenty of clubs to get involved in and events to go to!

Elham

A great school. Great community setting. Lots of activities available in the school and in the community around the school. In Chicago but close to the suburbs. Traffic is not too busy in the area. The campus area is safe and so is the community. Lots of nearby housing opportunities, if you don't want to be in the dorm.

Tayler

Saint Xavier is a small university in Chicago that packs a punch. The staff are incredibly friendly and always willing to help, even when you might want to change career paths. The student life is great and everyone gets along so well. The campus is surrounded by various neighborhoods which always makes you feel safe. The night life is wonderful with various things to do in the area.