Salisbury, MD
Salisbury University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Salisbury University

Spencer

Partiers. Unfortunately people extrapolate it to the whole student body. This is not the case.

Although I'm not part of one, I know that fraternities and sororities are rather popular. I attend CRU, which is like a youth group for college kids. There's always about 100 people at meetings.

They're just like you'd expect any college students to be.

I do not know much about the history of Salisbury University's academics, but the exercise science department I'm in seems to be a great program.

Spencer

If I could go back and give my high school senior self advcie it would be brief. I would tell myself to take things one day at a time, and to invest in people. Everything else in between is all part of the experience and ought not be changed. It's the experience that helps you grow as a person.

Those desiring a mid-size university with a small town feel should attend Salisbury University. The size of the student body gives you an opportunity to meet someone new everyday. This is extraordinary considering the area in which the university is located. Having lived on the Eastern Shore my entire life; I can assure you that for the most part it is pretty boring. The area surrounding Salisbury University differs from most of the Eastern Shore in that it mixes the enviroment of a big city with that of a small town. This helps new students learn the area quickly.

This past January Salisbury University raised tuition for the spring semester $62 dollars after many students had already paid for it. This may seem like a small amount, however it is frustrating not only because it came after many had paid, but also because this tuition increase was due to a budget miscalculation. It escapes me how the school's budget committee made such a mistake as to necessitate charging each student $62.

Asia

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high senior, I would tell myself to spend more time reading.

The best thing about Salisbury University is the variety of studies offered along with a diverse campus experience.

The worst thing is that the new Academic Commons building will not be finished for another year.

Marques

I would tell myself to really take tutoring and studying more seriously. Nothing is going to be given to you when you go to this university. You can do it if you just take the time to sit down ans get the work done the correct way. Do not waste the time you put into getting accepted and just throw it away. If you don't do this for your supporting famaily and friends, the least you can do is do it for yourself. You have done everything you could to get in and now you need to prove that you deserve to stay. Take the classes you have right now seriously and you will be at the top of the list when you graduate. You will come to see that college will push like never before. Just remember that you should not let your pride of asking for help get in the way. Let any new friends you make that your work comes before anything. Above all else, do not doubt yourself and always remember that now you can decide your destiny. Work hard to make your own future and you will succeed. We can do this.

I wish I would have known how to better take advantage of the tutors all over campus. Asking around campus has now allowed me to use my resources to do even better in this coming semester.

If the person is not willing to put forth the extra effort then they should not come to this school. This school will push you to develop new study habits so that you may keep up in classes. One should always come prepared for class and study even when there is not test or quiz that day.

Toriana

A place of opportunities and experiences for those who may have lived in a world of closing doors due to financial instabilit...

A place of opportunities and experiences for those who may have lived in a world of closing doors due to financial instability.

I would take my high school senior self by the hand and tell her to calm down and that I am seriously from the future. I would tell her that in the ensuing months ahead she'd be met with an abundance of exhausting obstacles and there would be days of self-doubt. I would tell her she would find herself wandering aimlessly through the halls of her mind about whether she was on the right track in life or wasting her time. Then I would emphasize that, that type of thinking is alright and that it is completely normal. I would reassure her that she absolutely loves learning and, just as she imagined, she will adore college. That she would learn and grow and perservere at times she once thought she would crumble. I would tell her that she is strong enough and smart enough to be the best she could be. Then I would do a little spin and tell her I have never felt so... complete in my life.

Someone who is not serious about pursuing a higher level of education.

Felicia

I've found that the professors are particuarly passionate about their subject matter. Not only do they love what they teach, but they are very knowledgable and willing to help.

I would tell myself that fun is important, but grades are far more important. The memories that come from hanging out with friends and exploring will last, however, there is no need to go every weekend. I'd also tell myself to study the way you want to, you know yourself better than anyone, not even a professor can tell you the best way to study, so don't listen! I would also teach myself about the wonders of FAFSA, so that I could have continually attended college and graduated in the right amount of time.

As an older student, I wish I had known that campus was half, rich 18-20 year old buisness majors. As an Archaeology major, I have nothing in common with many of the other students.

Andrew

A diverse group of students with multiple academic desinations helping each other learn the course work.

I would let my self know that waiting is not a bad thing. It is better to wait and determine what it is I really want to do in life than take years in very expensive college to determine it. Then to focus on that subject, get to know teachers and become immersed in it to learn all that can be learned.

My school is best known for being a premier comprehensive public university with four endowed schools offering excellent, affordable tuition to undergraduates, applied master's, and doctoral programs. Salisbury is commited to showing that it is important for students to make the connection between what they learn and how they live by requiring on-campus housing for two years as well as numerous academic and extra-curricular activities and clubs. They have friendly, supportive staff and professors who encourage undergraduate and graduate students to assist them in their research as well as the students' own original research.

My school has a very nice looking campus and many resources to help students succeed, including a writing center, teacher office hours, SI classes, tutors, and other online resources. They also have a job and internship fair twice a week with resume building to help students reach out and find a job or internship opportunity. Salisbury offers "Coffee with a Teacher" cards to help students invite their professors to get a drink and get to know their professor or ask for help in a class. The staff and professors encourage the students to do well and care about the students.

I would tell myself that it is okay to become upset that you will be living in a dorm, three hours from home, with people you do not know. I would go back and tell myself to reach out more to the other students in my Living Learning Community because it would provide me with better relations with the students I would live with for an entire year. I would engage more and eat with the other students. In addition, I would also tell myself that I need to create a daily schedule to help me plan out my week for personal time ("me" time and time to adjust) after I have planned out when I need to have my assignments completed. I would tell myself to talk with my teachers for advice and to engage in more clubs to keep myself active in the Salisbury community to provide myself with more friendships. Lastly, I would tell myself to keep more in touch with my friends and family back home instead of only once a week or sometimes rarely because I would forget how long it had been since I last talked to certain people.

Salisbury University has something for everyone.

Salisbury University has something for everyone.

College is an amazing experience that you will enjoy. At times it may be very difficult, but there is always support available to you when you need. This support will come from your friends, family, and the University. Take advantage of all that is available to you, such as tutoring, counseling, academic advisors, sporting events, intermural sports, and more. Taking part in these will help make your experience that much more special. You will be successful in life no matter what your goals are. During college, you will make the foundation for the rest of your life, so make choices wisely and do what is best for yourself now and in the future. Never forget, you are brilliant and will go far in life as long as you stay focused and work hard.

A well rounded individual person who values their education while also balancing their social life. Someone who will make the most of the numerous things available to them. Salisbury offers a lot to their students, but it is up to the student's to take advantage of the various opportunities.

Salisbury University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.