Salisbury University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Salisbury University

Brigette

I have loved my experience so far. Most courses are challenging and the professors are always willing to help. I have loved my school experience so far and continue to be challenged academically. Our athletics are also very competitive, whether Division III or Club.

Natalia

Salisbury is constantly growing and expanding. The new library is beautiful, and the school is just small enough that it's very comfortable. The nearby area is not the greatest, but Salisbury is close to many other cool places, so there still is plenty to do. The food is good, and so are the dorms. Overall, a great school.

Destiny

Salisbury University is a good school overall. On the weekends there is hard partying nd during the weekdays most students are in their dorm by 12. Some of the teachers always call off class and others are the best teachers in the world. The food is okay after a while it gets boring. Lobster night was awesome!

Andrew

Improving institution, with a 'small-big campus' feel, and smaller class sizes. Plenty of opportunities to get involved, if you'd like to do so.

Matthew

I am currently a Freshman at Salisbury University studying Computer Science and I love it a lot! The school grounds are very clean and well kept, the professors are very approachable and keep regular office hours, and the student body is very friendly and open. Just this year the school has opened a new library in August and a new Chik-fil-A that will be open at the start of spring semester. The only negative to the school in my opinion is the lack of off campus activities if you do not have a vehicle, as public transportation is very lackluster.

Lela

I think that overall, Salisbury University is an average college. They are better in their undergraduate programs than their graduate. They are a small campus with not a lot to do around. Their is a mall, but it isn't walking distance. The academics are ok, the teachers aren't the best, but they are really nice.

Muniru

Salisbury is a great University in my opinion. The teachers are friendly and the students also. everyone is willing to help each other. It is not so big but also not so small just the right amount for me. Gives me opportunity to talk to my teacher more and get to know them more.

Salisbury university is mainly a commuter school. The majority of the students that attend SU are transfer students coming from local community colleges. Salisbury is very good with accepting transfer credits and the advisors are extremely helpful with making sure each class is earning credits for the students desired track. The advisors at Salisbury are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that a student's transfer credits are accepted. The majority of students at Salisbury University have jobs outside of school and in my experience, every professor that I have had has been very open and flexible with their office hours. Many are able to adjust due dates in order to fit the needs of the individual student as well as the class. Overall, Salisbury is a decent school academically, especially for transfer students or people coming back to college for a second degree. As for extracurricular activities, there are a variety of small groups on campus that some students are involved in, but it is not a major scene.

Kathryn

Salisbury University is my home. The moment I stepped on this campus I knew I could see myself living here. Nothing and nobody on campus is neglected. The campus is always clean and beautiful. The new library, also known as the "Academic Commons" is a great facility geared towards learning and there is beautiful architecture inside.

Chelsea

Salisbury University is a very nice school. It's just the right size; small enough so you don't get lost going to your different classes, but big enough so you can experience different diversities. It has a lot to offer; many sports teams, clubs, and majors that you can choose from.

Cheyenne

I love my school. I think there s a really good balance of academics as well as extracurricular and fun activities hosted by the school to keep you busy. I believer the professors are always willing to help in any way that they can, and they want you to succeed by whatever means necessary. Overall, SU is great.

Taniqua

I love it here! The class sizes are small and professors are very helpful. The campus is beautiful and relatively safe compared to the areas outside of the campus. I'd highly recommend to others.

Nyaknno

Salisbury university is a fantastic school. The class sizes are great. They are usually small and professors are always eager and available to help students out. The campus is relatively small and everything is easily accessible. The campus location however, is poor as good stores and restaurants are not within walking distance and the transportation is poor.

kings

I Salisbury University is a great small sized school for a well rounded college experience. I like that they have a Greek life as I would like to experience sorority life. Even though I’ve not met a professor they respond well to emails and questions.

Shrusti

This university is nice academically. It has grown a lot over the past years and they have expanded and outdone themselves. Nursing school is perhaps the best accomplishment they have made. Their student shave outdone John Hopkins in the NCLEX too. This college also has good housing and is in hub of the industrial area of the city.

Anita

I really love Salisbury. It it one of my top schools because the environment is friendly and there are a lot of resounds for student. The on campus housing is also a plus. It looks like a family environment where you can connect with other student helping you get out of your comfort zone.

Zoe

Great school! Since it is a small school, there are plenty of opportunities to partake in research. Professors hold regular office hours and are very accessible. The food is only so-so, but that is to be expected of a college campus. There are plenty of options for on-campus as well as off-campus housing.

Valerie

This school is an a very rural area that breeds closed groups and cliques. Most people are antisocial and keep to themselves. Being the bubbly person that I am, made it extremely difficult to attend this school. Environmental studies and the outdoors are extremely important to this University and the area. If you are an introvert who loves the outdoors, this is your school. Academics wise, the professors I had were helpful and compassionate about what they taught. But the location of this school is not great for someone who wants endless things to do.

Salisbury University is a phenomenal school where I feel so lucky to be attending. I feel comepletly safe all of the time, my professors are always there to help me, everybody is so friendly on campus, and there is always something to do. I feel right at home here at Salisbury and I feel like I will always be able to call SU my home even after I graduate.

Nina

I believe Salisbury University is a great school with a wide variety of resources that help facilitate the learning process, as well as the well-being of its students. I feel welcomed and encourage in every single one of my classes and my teachers as well as my advisors are truly invested in my academic success.

Molly

Salisbury University is an awesome school located in the rural area of Maryland. It provides big college feel with a laid back city feel. There are many things to provide students with cultural learning opportunities as well as relaxing interludes. The area is rich is historical venues. Salisbury University provides a safe learning environment to each and every student and encourages everyone to enjoy campus life.

Mia

I think Salisbury is a perfect size university where students can learn so much about the school and themselves to be successful in the future. It is such a beautiful campus as well!! I love the sports complex, since everything got redone it looks so clean and safe.

Ryan

Salisbury is an amazing school with great academics and facilities. This school is awesome because you don't need amazing grades to get in and can still get a high-class education. They have an accredited business school and there are not many business schools that have that. The school is the perfect size, it is not too big that you will get lost but not so small that it feels like high school. The population is around 8-10,000 students. We have excellent sports to go watch whenever you can. There are many clubs and organizations to join, there's always something to do. We are 30-40 minutes away from the beach so when it gets warm outside you can take a trip with your friends to the beach. The teachers are so nice and willing to help you outside of class. There are so many resources to help you if you are struggling with a class. We have many tutors that can help with a variety of subjects. We have a separate "math emporium", a writing center, and my favorite Supplemental instruction. Supplemental instruction or "SI" is a program where students who previously did well in the class will take the class again and then hold sessions where they will help students in need of assistance. I can't tell you enough how much that has helped me. Salisbury is a great school all around and I would recommend anyone to go there.

Sara

Salisbury University is a great school for academics, sports, and extracurricular activities. We have plenty of sororities/fraternities and there are lots of shops/dining opportunities within walking distance. Most off campus housing is within a mile from the school which is great for the commute!

Amos

It's a good school full of different cultural backgrounds. It's a community where student can relate with each other without boundaries or walls. The best part is everyone is accepted, culture, religion, way of life, believes, social gathering are all welcomed.

I think Salisbury University is a good institution, with a very intense focus on the formation of the student, beyond academics. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with clubs and organisations and there's always something to do on campus. The dorms are alright, and the food is good as well.

Crystal

The teachers did not care about the students outside of class. If you have a question for the teacher they will send you to the syllabus and the will not respond. The school does not a rule on bulling or threats to students. The teachers make you feel stupid and will say that the questions are stupid.

Alicia

Its a really great school! I initially came here with the intention of becoming a teacher but with some excellent guidance, I realized that teaching wasn't for me so I consulted many professors and advisors and got the necessary help to switch my major to something I like a lot better!

Mandee

I believe Salisbury University was definitely the right choice for me! I think Salisbury has great academics and a great overall environment that keeps me motivated and excited to learn. The teaching staff is always helpful and there whenever needed. I feel safe everywhere on campus and always feel welcomed!

Alyssa

I absolutely love Salisbury University. The campus is decently small, making it a very easy walk back and forth between buildings. In addition to this, I have had many opportunities to get involved on campus. I was able to join a Health Honors Society that gave me the chance to meet people who are passionate about health and wellness just as I am. I was also given the opportunity to become an on-campus health educator. This will be helping in giving me experience for my future career plans. In addition to this, Salisbury has had wonderful professors that are passionate about what they are teaching. I have had no issue meeting with professors during office hours and getting additional help when needed. Lastly, the campus has an over-all friendly atmosphere, making it a much more enjoyable place to be.

I love Salisbury University. I fell in love with the campus the first time I came to visit and my love of this school has not changed. The class size, in my opinion, is great. There's enough people to find help in classmates, but there aren't too many people that you can't talk to the teacher. Everyone is so friendly here and I can't imagine going to a different college.

Mia

At one point, I had heavily contemplated permanently abandoning campus, but at the end of the day, I never want to leave. Living-wise, the worst you could get is Severn, which is still clean on weekdays, and has the potential to give many cozy vibes. The food is perfect in my opinion, but it is very possible to get sick of eating it for three or so meals a day. Use your Dining Dollars, but not all at once (like I did last semester). Staff and professors are overall immensely friendly and helpful, and if you don't mind being around a relatively small student body that is mostly naive to social issues and mainly cares about partying and sex, then this school is definitely for you. If not, you would more likely appreciate the educational, cultural, and natural experiences available at Salisbury University, such as Red Square, free shows, and our $300 million Academic Commons library. Other than that, it's a fight for your sanity.

I enjoyed the college experience. I selected Salisbury because of the small town feel and the small class size. My biggest class was 25 people and I often had multiple classes with the same people so I was able to really get to know my classmates as well as my professors.

anthony

salisbury is a good institution and as all other insituitons have there case of drinking here and there but always puts academics first . from visting in the summer and looking at the dorms an night life and sports teams there all welcoming and understanding .

Evelyn

Salisbury University is a great school overall. The students are nice, the faculty are very helpful, and the professors are very helpful as well. The food isn't exactly the greatest, but I do enjoy the salad bar and the unlimited soft-serve ice cream. Other students are very friendly, and greek life is pretty active on campus.

Hailey

It is a very nice school. There is so much to do near by. The beach is very close. There are a lot of good food places close to Salisbury. All of the facilities are very clean and nice. The teachers are helpful and kind. It is all around great and I am so lucky to be apart of Salisbury.

It is a very good school academically. Basically any major here has a very good program. But unfortunately, if you are into bigger schools that have a lot of school spirit and love sports, Salisbury definitely isn't the college for you. Although or Women and Men Lacrosse teams are both amazing!

Anah

I love the atmosphere!!!

Hayden

Salisbury University is a challenging, driven, innovative school. It is just about the perfect size: not so small that you feel that you know everyone, but also not so large that you are overwhelmed or disappear in a classroom setting. Staff are charismatic, kind, and devoted to ensuring the success of the students. I am really pleased to be attending an institution such as Salisbury University. It is a good fit for almost anyone, and almost every student I speak to really enjoys the close-knit community.

Marcus

I love the atmosphere of Salisbury. It's a beautiful place with enthusiastic and friendly staff that are dedicated to the students. The campus of Salisbury started with people in SU shirts waving and smiling pointing me in the right direction. Listening to the staff talk about their jobs and how excited they were for the Fall 2018 school year motivated me and made me feel more comfortable about how my experience would be as a college student.

Seosaimhin

This is my first semester a Salisbury University. I have attended college previously at a community college and received an associates already. Having come from another school I am able to see and understand all that SU has to offer. It is a lot safer than most schools, has a lot of close off campus housing, their academic builds are beautiful, and the food is so good!

I am in my second year at Salisbury and I also live on campus. The facilities are beautiful and very modern. There is a new library that is top-notch! The teaching staff is student motivated and want you to succeed in and outside of the classroom setting. I would highly recommend Salisbury University!

Andrea

It is amazing. The professors, the advisors, the staff in general are all amazing and very helpful people. They always go out of there way to help the students, no matter when or with what we need help with. I believe that the students here will succeed within their major because of the staff at Salisbury University.

Lillian

I believe that Salisbury University is a great college and I would encourage many people to try it out. I have seen many nice people and have had great experiences when I visited the college. The food is very fresh and everyone is happy on the campus.

Alexandria

Salisbury University is a great up and coming school! The general opinion of the school from outsiders is that it is merely okay; however, upon visiting and attending the school, I found that it quite the contrary. Education at Salisbury is a top priority, and is worth the small price that you pay. Although the area surrounding campus is pretty dull and boring, the student body is very friendly and welcoming, so finding something to do isn't hard. Plus, when it's warm, you're only 30 minutes away from Ocean City! The professors here are invested in you as a student, as long as they see that you are also investing in yourself. Salisbury is swimming with many different opportunities in each of their departments, so getting involved and gaining experience are things that are easily accessible.

In the overall aspect it is a great college. Honestly, the reason why I chose the school was because a teacher I had in high school and loved their food. So I decided to go for the food. But when I came a took a tour I fell in love. The campus was beautiful and quaint. I loved the private school feel to it and its homely feel. After the tour I told my parents I do not want to go back to high school because Salisbury was that wonderful to me and I was so excited that I got accepted.

Michaela

Attending Salisbury University has inspired me to chase a new found passion for environmental education through the connections and experiences I have undergone since the first moment I stepped on campus as a freshman. Through all the financial situations I have struggled through, the professors and faculty have been helpful and patient with me. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything and I plan to do everything I can to finance my education to be an educator that will motivate and inspire the future generations of students to chase after their passions and make a lasting impact on the world doing what they love.

Autumn

Salisbury university is a smaller campus which is good for getting involved and not getting lost. if you are looking for a college close to the beach also this the right choice! there is a wide variety of people and cultutes that come here aross across the united states. there are even foreign exchange students which also makes it diverse and very cool!

Kailey

Overall I feel that it is a beautiful campus (official name of the campus is an arboretum) with a very down to earth atmosphere. Though I am a newer student, I appreciate the welcoming atmosphere not only of former students and faculty but of those even outside of the campus borders.

Agi Sirra

It is a good institution, however, I do wish that they provide students with more opportunities to overcome financial burdens and not allow a lack of financial stability to impact their students' education. Campus dining should also have more options, and provide students with dishes they see students be pleased with more often.