Clinton, NC
Sampson Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sampson Community College

Kyler

It is a great campus to attend. The instructors are nice and the class sizes are relatively small. The facilities are readily available to students and there is always staff close by to help anyone in need. The classes offered are great and the overall atmosphere is welcoming.

Keitana

Sampson Community College is an okay school. I am a part of the college because of my high school program. I am currently a student at Sampson Early College High School. This program allows me to earn my two-year Associate degree. The teachers are alright. They seem to be pretty tough. Assignment due dates are changed most of the time. They can be extremely unorganized. Overall, great school.

Bruce

It is a good school, but there are some changes that could be made to improve the school. One example is that the schedule for exams could be simplified or changed. Make it easier to understand. Another thing that could change is that we could get some sports (recreational or intramural) on-campus. These are just a few changes that could help improve the school.

Laurie

The worst thing I would consider would be the limited options of healthy food. As a future nurse I am learning a great deal about the human body and what food does to and for it. While applying my mind to some of these things I have been taught , I also want to put that application towards my physical body. There are no healthy food options besides the trail mix and waters in the wending machines. Maybe a few snack bars in the cafeteria and a salad from the cafeteria as well. I also think we should have a gym for students, being that they just banned smoking from the campus; which I think is great! I think that people need to have an immediate stress reliever nearby which would be the gym. Other than that I love Sampson Community College , teachers are great it is a friendly positive atmosphere.

Brandy

My school is located in my home town, which makes it easier to commute. At first I was not sure what career choice I was interested in, so I began taking classes that would satisfy the needs of my intrests at the time. I wanted to figure out which school would be best for me to transfer to and make sure I was happy with my decision. Since I was recently married and me and my husband attend college full-time we wanted to transfer to a college that met both of our needs, so we could share the experience.

As I high school senior, I was ready to get high school over with. I wanted the "freedom" of a graduate, and to find a good job. I didn't concentrate or study like I should. I was ever a bad student; I was a member of the honors society, an NC scholar, and made pretty good grades. After trying college for the first time, I dropped out because I had not prepared myself for what lay ahead. I was convinced it would be similar to high school, I was dead wrong. If I could go back I would tell myself to prepare for the worse. I would let myself know that you do not get the leadway you get in high school, and it can be tough. There are no "excused" absences and if you don't turn in work, you cannot make it up without penalty. You must be responsible and you have to take initiative. Life isn't easy or fair, but if you work hard toward what you desire, the future lies within your hands. If you can dream it, you can do it....nothing is impossible unless you make it impossible.

When telling friends about school, I emphasize the educators. My college is located in a small town and since it is a community college, the teacher-student ratio is low. This means your learning experience is improved because you have more help when you need it. The staff is friendly and willing to help in anyway they can. I encourage them to attempt college, because it's a great opportunity. You always hear stories about how hard a teacher or class is, but I remind them everyone learns different and sometimes they complain because they don't motivate themselves enough.

Sampson Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.