Incline Village, NV
Sierra Nevada College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sierra Nevada College

Shayla

Sierra Nevada college is a beautiful school with small class sizes and lovely facilities. It is a bit on the expensive side, but I payed it off with scholarships. Im from Florida so I’m not quite used to the cold, but Lake Tahoe is gorgeous in the winter.

Gabby

SNC is a great option for skiers/snowboarders looking to pursue both athletics and education. Class sizes are small so it is easy to receive help from professors. The campus is extremely small and is also located in a very small town, but it is stunningly gorgeous, ​to say the least.

Hanalei

if you ski, come here. One of my classes this semester has 4 people in it. For me, I like this because you get one-on one feedback from your teacher. Every teacher knows me by name and are like friends. buildings and campus is beautiful. there's a party/drug scene, but just get with the right crowd and you'll have plenty of fun snowboarding, mountain biking climbing, or doing anything else Tahoe has to offer :)

Natalie

My classmates enthralling, eccentric, and determined to exceed.

My classmates enthralling, eccentric, and determined to exceed.

Growing up in a rural area I didn't get much advice at all before graduating high school. So, if I had the chance to go back in time and give myself some advice I would start off by telling myself the basics. The basics would include telling myself: not to screw around during high school because those grades are important, to get on college applications as soon as possible, that community college isn't an efficient alternative, and that college is an option for everyone, not just the well off. But above all else I would tell myself to put yourself out there and that if you do you'll find that more people than you expect are willing to help you out.

That posponing my college education would not only open my mind, but also help me decide what I want to do. I wish I would have known that postponing college is a perfectly acceptable practice and that waiting until I was ready would benefit me in the long run.

Brenda

SNC offers a liberal arts degree which I find to be very fasinating. Also, it's a very small campus and you really get a one on one feel with your professors which is something I really like.

Dear high school me, it's probably time you stopped procrastinating and started doing all your homework. I know, it's boring, and the teachers don't really care. But believe me, when you get to college, you're going to regret not having done the work. Another thing, it would probably be a good idea to actually go over the things in that math book, as opposed to skimming through it, believe me, you'll be glad you did!! Apart from the academic stuff? Well, relax, your roommate experience will be fine. Oh, and taking snacks is probably a good idea. Just because your meal plan is an all you can eat does not mean that you're going to want to eat that stuff all the time. And don't spend that first month locked up in your dorm. Get out and meet everyone! Oh, and go on the ropes course trip instead of the tour of Incline. You can tour Incline some other time!

I think the worst thing about SNC would be the price of tuition because it's quite a lot. Other than that I don't think there's anything I dislike about the school.

Sierra Nevada College is a small liberal arts school in the Sierra Nevada's dedicated to apply knowledge and thinking skills to the students in a unique close way and raise awareness about sustainability and the relationship between humans and the environment.

My classmates are very outgoing and adventureous and are full of opinions.

I would tell myself to be more open minded to new experiences and situations. The transition can be hard, but it has a way of working itself out for the best. Be outgoing and go with the flow, don't be afraid. The final thing I would tell myself is that no decision is concrete. People change and because of that decisions, ideas, and many other things change.

Sierra Nevada College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.